Forums Bugs

Editing newspaper articles

Subscribe to Editing newspaper articles 5 post(s), 2 voice(s)

July 17, 2009 23:25

33 posts(s)

I can’t seem to edit the newspaper articles I’ve submitted. One has been approved, two are pending (with one of them awaiting my review) but I can’t edit any of the three, there doesn’t appear to be any kind of link to click? It says that the editor has left comments on the one to be reviewed but I can’t read those either.

I’m sure there was an edit button there yesterday against each article but it appears to have gone.

cheers,
Neil.

July 18, 2009 00:01

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Neil, that is very strange! Could you please send a screenshot to admins at rubysoccer.com?

cheers

July 18, 2009 00:16

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Neil, you were right. Take a look now, it should be working. cheers!

July 18, 2009 00:28

33 posts(s)

Yes, it’s back again – I assume we’re not supposed to be able to edit the approved articles.

I have one article to review with the admin’s comments “Please review this article text. After that, we might accept it.” but no indication of what is to be reviewed. I’m not sure if there are errors in it that need to be corrected, if it’s too long/short, or if they just don’t like the content of the article in general and I should scrap it! Could we get some more guidance with the article feedback?

July 18, 2009 05:41

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Right now I am just on for about 2 minutes, so I will send you a message about that later, Neil. That is a generic automatic comment, because I did not implement the option for us admins to customize it yet :D. But the general rule is that articles need to stick to the template guidelines (type, category, sub category). If you wrote somethink like ‘player X got a red card’ or ‘the team won 3 points’ or ‘the team could not make to the next phase of the national cup’, a review is necessary, because the current article guidelines are much more generic than that. In future we will have more and more kinds of guidelines, and more particular articles will be possible. cheers!

Forums Bugs