Forums Bugs

Team performance

Subscribe to Team performance 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

June 09, 2009 08:47

637 posts(s)

My team performance dropped from around 92 to 78 after my defeat against Benfica. Also the last match of the CL group phase. I didn’t qualify for the finals…
My board international expections were “reach the group phase”. So can you explain this crash of my team performance, Gabriel. Probably this isn’t a bug and there is an explanation….

June 09, 2009 11:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, there is an explanation. All the expectations are calculated with the assumptions that the best team will always beat the weakest teams. As Groningen qualified to the group stage and was in your group you became the second best team in your group instead of the third, so your new expectation would be to end in second in your group, that’s why you lost so much board performance.
If you take Flamengo (my previous team) in consideration, I finished Libertadores group phase in second place last season, and lost more than 10 points (around 18 I guess, but I don’t remember the exact number). The reason for that is my team was considered much better than the other 3 teams in my group. The bigger the difference between your team and your opponents, more points are earned / lost if you finish above / below your expected position. The same happens when you’re knocked out in an elimination round, the bigger the difference between the teams, more points are lost. I bet Atletico Madrid lost many points after the elimination against Groningen in the qualifying round.
Hope this was clear enough. If you still have questions don’t hesitate to ask :)

June 09, 2009 13:17

637 posts(s)

Okay. Sounds logical. But perhaps you can change the board expectations on that point. Then the manager can see the expectations are higher or lower. At the moment you don’t know that your board has changed the expectations.
Are these calculations also used for the national cups?

June 09, 2009 21:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, we could do something like that…yes, the same calculation are used for the national cups, that means whenenver a weaker team beats a stronger team in an elimination round, or unexpectedly qualify in its group in a cup we’d need to recalculate the expectations.

Forums Bugs