Forums General

High player value

Subscribe to High player value 34 post(s), 8 voice(s)

October 08, 2008 02:30

375 posts(s)

From the admin thread:
“Player Estimated Value: will definitely rise for most players”

Today I got a new youth:

Cláudio Alcântara

Position: DA

Side: L

Keeping: 47

Tackle: 64

Passing: 62

Shooting: 63

Speed: 62

Dribble: 68

Control: 67

Header: 67

Aggressiveness: 62

Nothing special (except he is all-round weak =))

But his value

Estimated Value: $3,039,642

Will I have to offer him 200k wages in a season ?

October 08, 2008 05:14

387 posts(s)

i give you 10M for him :DD

October 08, 2008 09:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’d say his 3-turn wage would be something around 3k or 4k :)

October 08, 2008 12:31

375 posts(s)

but…if he gets all 80s, will his value be about 25M ? Or this was made to make Top Country players expensive before implementing more countries ? And he will not be valued more than 5-7M ?

October 08, 2008 13:42

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

All 80s would be around 12M if I’m not mistaken.

October 08, 2008 14:07

637 posts(s)

I only wonder what transferprices will be with these higher values.

October 08, 2008 14:18

375 posts(s)

I think the transfer prices will not skyrocket. The game should become…poorer…because of the wages !

October 08, 2008 14:49

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

According to my calculations this shouldn’t happen, unless someone offers ridiculously high wages to most players. Of course I may be wrong, let’s see what happens in the long term. :)

October 08, 2008 14:56

375 posts(s)

What I am afraid of is…that without using evaluation system in AI transfer decisions managers will earn money by selling weak young players worth 2M and more to AI clubs. At least from small countries.

October 08, 2008 15:38

387 posts(s)

High wages !?

i have a talented defender in FT (tac90, and 80+ in all secondaries, Steven Hill) who’s valued $6,849,553 (was already that high before new calculation).

Just the recent turns he wants to renew the contract (old: $5,950). Regarding to his extraordinary skills and his value i would expect a high wage, that correspond. But he stills wants just $9,092 !!!

I guess there must be some new calculation for wages aswell … (super)stars shouldn’t be cheap in wages.

October 08, 2008 15:42

375 posts(s)

Great news, Philipp !

October 08, 2008 16:10

375 posts(s)

new record ?

Figueirense

Rafael Perez

Position: G

Side: -

Keeping: 72

Tackle: 31

Passing: 55

Shooting: 29

Speed: 71

Dribble: 66

Control: 70

Header: 76

Aggressiveness: 49

Season Turn Value Event
94 6275935 Started career on Figueirense

October 08, 2008 16:59

12 posts(s)

Same as me i just got a youth with a value of 3.5 million and he has only 59 shooting….he is a attacker……:D:D:D

October 08, 2008 21:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Philipp: the reason for the low value is the preivous wage, which is taken in consideration. The real wage for this player would be something around 14k I’d say.

@Alban: probably a new record. For keepers only keeping, passing, speed and shooting are taken in consideration, that’s why their value and wage are usually high. That will change in the future, I plan to use dribble for one-a-one shots and control for penalty kicks. Not a final decision though :)

I’m glad you guys are having fun with the new system. I hope it works well as planned :)

October 09, 2008 09:29

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yet about the super starts wage, maybe we could change the weight of the skills in the calculation…tackle is already more important for defenders, but what I’m saying is that we could raise its importance a little bit for instance. I know, it’s too soon to change it again, let’s wait and see how the current system will work out :)

Cheers!

October 10, 2008 21:40

120 posts(s)

Donator

The player “values” are nearly meaningless at this point. It’s broken, and you need to fix it.

October 10, 2008 21:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, fixing it means applying the new calculation to all existing players, would that be ok? :)

October 11, 2008 00:34

120 posts(s)

Donator

Absolutely. Or just get rid of the “valuations” altogether. Seriously, they are that meaningless now. If anything, they only serve to distract… so why have them at all?

October 11, 2008 00:39

120 posts(s)

Donator

In medium ticker (Mallorca/Spain), I have a slow striker who has some other decent skills, and is among the leaders in the division in scoring. He’s valued at 800,000. I just got a 16 yo forward, with a 60’s shooting, and no other good numbers… and he’s “valued” at 3 million.

Please explain, how does that make sense?

Honestly, why bother to have those sort of “values” at all?

October 11, 2008 00:43

120 posts(s)

Donator

What does the “value” column mean now???

October 11, 2008 05:56

637 posts(s)

I also suggest to apply the new calculation to all the existing players.

@Dave: The values mean something on the transfermarket as a recommanded selling price, but not at the moment. So when they are applied to all players it’s ok for me.

October 11, 2008 08:46

803 posts(s)

I think the value only ajust to the new formula when a player develop so a good solution would be to aplly the formula to all players…

Regards

October 11, 2008 08:58

375 posts(s)

I would like this new formula for all players, too

October 11, 2008 09:19

120 posts(s)

Donator

“Value” is nearly meaningless now. Therefore useless. Worse then that… it’s potentially/actually confusing!

When a 100 rated defender is available for free transfer… and he’s valued at only 2.9 million… but gets a salary of around 700,000+!… and he had 2 or 3 bad players “valued” above him on the free agent list… it’s insane… and meanwhile I have 16yo striker with NO skills and worth 3 million?

UGH.

So now the free agent lists are useless… because the “value” that you use to sort them is useless. So, you need to look at every single player. And that’s OK if you want it that way… but then you should just ELIMINATE the “value” rating at that point. Because it DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING.

Something is seriously amiss. I watched the “value changes” as it started, and I thought it might correct itself, so I kept quiet and just watched and waited. It seems to be getting worse instead.

I am now of the opinion that there is something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG now. Something that needs to be looked at, and fixed.

October 11, 2008 09:45

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I completely agree with all that has been said. Here’s my action plan: adjust all player’s values based on the new rule AND make the value calculation dynamic over time so it will slowly approach the real market value.

Sorry for the mess guys, I didn’t mean to get everybody confused ;)

October 11, 2008 10:47

375 posts(s)

Yeah, I remember in MS we could buy a 10M worth player for 40M and then his price slowly dropped, or rised, if he was bought for less than he was worth

October 12, 2008 08:55

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

When I say dynamic value calculation I mean use the value paid on transfers to adapt our estimated value calculation formula so all players value would slowly become more realistic when recalculated. :)

October 14, 2008 09:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m about to change again player value calculation as we agreed it can stay the way it is now. With the change I have in mind all player values will be immediately recalculated using the new formula and this new formula will be dynamic, meaning it will change according to the player transfers that are currently happening. As a consequence, each dimension will have its own dynamic formula.

What I could observe with the data collected from the last 100 players transfer is that the player estimated values will decrease dramatically, as most transfers do not involve top players. This scenario is likely to change over time as new countries with weaker players are added to the game. For now, I see top players’ estimated value around 2.2M, average players from 800k to 1.3M and weakest players around 400k.

If anyone has anything against these changes or another suggestion on how to calculate player estimated value please feel free to tell us. Another option is to remove the player estimated value, but I think it’s fun to have it.

Cheers!

October 14, 2008 13:23

375 posts(s)

I have questions, Gabriel !

1) Will this value decrease influence our merchandise income ? If yes, I am against changes !

2) Will it also change wage demands ?

3) It is kinda boring to see every player valued below 3M. We need players worth 10, 15, 20, even more million, because it is exciting !!!!

Can you make all their values higher ? I also think the difference between average and top players should be bigger !

October 14, 2008 13:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

1) No.

2) No. Wage demands formula will be implemented and announced later ;)

3) Discussing with a friend the formula I was going implement we ended up with new ideas that will probably make the values increase. More on that when I have made the preliminary calculations.

Forums General