Forums General

players improvement

Subscribe to players improvement 44 post(s), 14 voice(s)

November 16, 2007 02:14

123 posts(s)

Before, in Beta games, after the games, many players improved a “lot”
Now, just few players, and very little, and, because almost they worst, not so funny
Possible to change that a little?
Txs

November 16, 2007 05:02

387 posts(s)

yeah, it’s a bit frustrating. at least the youths should grow with some match experience.

November 16, 2007 05:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

They do, we made that slower because players were reaching their maximum too fast.

November 16, 2007 08:47

123 posts(s)

Slower? For every countrys?
I,m from Porto, and my team in MediumTicker, is F.C.PORTO (Porto team is my first (love) and everythink)
But, Porto and others portuguese teams, started with 850000 in the bank. The “others” more than 2000000
How about the attendance? Will be the same? The players? almost the same
My first cup game had 15000 attendance
If this will be like this, tell me. I will find another country
Love its not everything for me, i,m too old (means too young) for that:)
I,m allways thinking that the best thing is:
“Same” oportunitys for all, because we all just started now, together
Then the diference would be in the merchandise..
And about the attendance, all the same, for all, at least in this season (fair for all), and just after this season, could think about diferent attendance, because before that, all had the same chances…
Just my opinion

November 16, 2007 08:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, for every country manuel. The country skills were initialized based on the country ranking, that’s why Portugal has the worse players. What is important to mention is that with dynamic country skills the countries tend only to be more balanced, as the startup situation will be the greatest difference allowed between all countries.

Regarding attendance the difference will hardly be noticed, and the teams who are in good positions on their leagues will probably get full stadiums. About your 15000 attendance in the cup, that happened because we’re in the first rounds of the cup, the attendance increases as we move to the final stages.

Cheers.

November 16, 2007 08:57

123 posts(s)

So, ok, you the owner of the game, and no problem
I will change the country (by my FCPORTO)
I enjoy the game

November 16, 2007 08:59

123 posts(s)

Means "BYE……FCPORTO;)

November 16, 2007 09:11

40 posts(s)

What I am saying bellow shouldn’t be read as complains. :) It’s only a opinion.

In certain point manuel rocha is right. For example our coin is stronger than brazil. In real life “rains” brazilian players in portuguese league because we can afford to pay more in Portugal. Why does Portugal start with less money than brazil? A first divison team in Portugal starts with less money than a second division team in Brazil. That is not fair!

And Portugal rank is the worse, why? At a inicial point they all should be equal and then it should flow according to the results. Real life ranks started at zero too. And now, if there is a country with more rank its because it deserve it.

Our players are not so good in real life, but maybe their skill (in rubysoccer) are a little lower than the expected. We still have some good players in real life.

I hope you’ll understand my concern. I want to play and spent some effort in a league where I know that I can have a chance to succeed.

regards,
Ricardo Marques

November 16, 2007 09:44

55 posts(s)

Donator

Hi

The initial money is based on the total salary of your team. Because players in portugal are not that good right now, the salary is smaller. Then the initial money is smaller too. On the other hand, the stadium size is the same everywhere. Because portugal has a small payrole, you guys can accumulate money faster.

[]

November 16, 2007 10:09

40 posts(s)

Ok, that makes things more balanced. But don’t forget our players are not that good, so we have to buy foreign players in order to build a stronger team and compete with other countries, so we are hiring bigger wages.

… And the players that others foreign teams want to get rid off (the bad players), are better than almost any player in our team. I have bought 4 to my team.

But ok, I will deal with that :).

November 16, 2007 10:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

If most of you guys feel this way I’d have no problem in restarting the game with countries “all the same” regarding players skills (which would influence starting money as Samir pointed out).

Cheers.

November 16, 2007 10:44

40 posts(s)

I would say that the next reset, which I hope it will be not so soon, could have some adjustments.

Thank you for your replies.

November 16, 2007 11:47

23 posts(s)

Donator

This way is more fun.
if we are all the same rank, there would no fun in beating all of you ‘Big League’ guys

Cheers

November 16, 2007 12:01

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Don’t worry, next reset won’t happen so soon :-)
I agree with you Tiago, lower rank countries have the challenge to improve their countries over time.

About the current gap between the countries, it is smaller than what we had on Beta 1 and Beta 2 to make things more interesting.

November 16, 2007 12:20

123 posts(s)

Ok, wait for the next reset
But already choosed a spanish team (resigned from FCPORTO, waiting for the next tick)
And about you Samir, you dont know nathing about Portugal soccer, and portuguese players, so…
i excuse you

November 16, 2007 13:32

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m almost sure Samir was talking to the quality of the game portuguese players, not the real life ones :-)

Anyway, I’m not here to defend him, I’ll let him speak for himself…hehehe.

Cheers.

p.s.: if you applied for a spanish team on MediumTicker we’ll fight for the title, I’m managing Zaragoza there ;-)

November 16, 2007 13:35

50 posts(s)

Gabriel, if you reset dont make us pick teams again please?

I really want to stay were I am.

And plus I cant get attached again knowing I am gonna lose my team in a short while.

Give us a length in seasons that we may stay like this or update us on keeping our teams next reset.

I applied for a lot of jobs and got lucky to get barca but I would feel the same if i would of became manager of a lesser team that I applied for, I want to fall in love with my team. Losing it would break my heart.

Lee.

November 16, 2007 14:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Don’t worry LeeHamo, we don’t expect to reset it so fast as we did. In fact we’ll only reset if we have a great change that requires it or if the things get too messed up. And when (and if) we do that, we’ll try to keep the mangers on their teams.

Cheers.

November 16, 2007 23:02

123 posts(s)

Its ok Gabriel, i,m managing Levante (spanish) now, so, will see :)
Good luck against the others:)

November 17, 2007 06:29

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Good luck manuel!

November 17, 2007 15:20

25 posts(s)

Hi,

Just a few question about players evolving,
1st ¿Do players develope faster playing “oficial” maches or is the same if they play friendlies?
2nd ¿Do players develope when they are out of fit, for example when they have less than X in stamina?

Thank you!!!

November 17, 2007 19:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Answers:

1st: No, players development is the same on oficial and friendly matches.
2nd: Yes, but we’ll make injuries more likely to happen on tired players though.

Cheers.

November 18, 2007 12:30

58 posts(s)

Well, one the major problems of the game was not solved in the new dimensions, and it was the lack of medical staff.

Now you say fatigue will make injuries more likely to happen but we don´t have how to cure injuried players.

Also the players generation was too poor in both new servers. It is totally unrealistic for european leagues, and the youth players in south american suffer for the same problem. It is ok that brazilian clubs don´t have so many good players, as in the old betas had, but at least a more constant offer of youth players with some quality is needed in my opinion.

Not to mention the players slower improvement.

Finally, the economic situation of the servers contribute for making the game less interesting. We don´t have economy flowing, we´ve got poor players and bad finances.

Well, it is my opinion and I hope you guys take it as constructive critics.

Lobba

November 18, 2007 21:59

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Yep, a lot to go, indeed.

Unfortunetely, we have a limited amount of time to code on rubysoccer and, everytime we implement something, we have to think about priorities x time x resulting tilt (fun).

The lack of medical staff is something bad, but i dont see this as a huge problem, since everybody “pays the same price” for injuries. It is not something that will harm a particular manager alone and, personally, I dont see this giving the same tilt as international competitions, for example.

I will come up with an old argument here: if we really wanted to make this game stick 100% to the reality, brazilian clubs would start on bankrupcy and the managers would be fired even if they won a lot of games. Instead of that, we made all teams start with a low amount of money and players with development potential (compatible with their native country). We thought that this would give all managers an additional challenge: to learn and improve their teams on a fresh start. The real world was an inspiration and, from now on, everything is on your hands. With our dynamic country base skills, things here tend to gain even more differences from reality. The economy slowness on the initial ticks is a side effect of those decisions. The market takes time to warm up. We will always keep a close eye on this and count on you guys to report bad economy behaviors.

As for the player generation (and that includes their quality), they are only taking more time to develop. This was an issue before, and now it seems to be working better. The issue was that the players were getting to their maximum level too fast. In our oppinion, slower is nicer in this case. But we are counting on your feedback to double check / change our minds. We are also going to implement the age impact on skills, and that may rock our world.

To conclude, thanks for your feedback. We sure took it positively. Keep sharing your thoughts with us and, in particular, keep an eye on the next couple seasons. I think they are going to give us the stuff we need to properly discuss some of the subjects you mentioned here.

cheers

November 19, 2007 04:55

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m sure the great players will show up over time, we just changed that because the number of great players was too high in a game that had just started. As Danilo said, it will take a while for this warm up phase end, but when that happens I think it will be worthy.

Cheers.

November 19, 2007 05:29

55 posts(s)

Donator

Of course I was talking about the players on RS. You guys have great players on real life, but as Danilo said, RS is not 100% reality. If it was, Brazil would have a lot of good players, but none on Brazilian teams.

[]

November 21, 2007 15:05

223 posts(s)

well i dont know if its normal but in both games i currently didnt noticed any improvement in any player, when will they start gaining? cheers guys

November 21, 2007 15:15

637 posts(s)

I neither see any improvement and I have a young squad in both games.

Cheers

November 21, 2007 16:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

To be honest I’ve noticed improvements on my youths only so far, but I some people already told me their main players have improved. The thing is, it takes longer for them to improve than we were used to and I’m not always able to check my players after a match, so I may have missed a few improvements. Fast Ticker players should have improved at least once if they play regularly. 16 years old players should have improved a few times. If anyone wants me to track a specific player to make sure he is improving just let me know.

We didn’t change any logic on players improvement, only how much their attributes rise when they improve and how improved they start the game, so this shouldn’t be broken, but you never know :-)

Cheers.

November 21, 2007 22:37

22 posts(s)

Donator

The mistery of the game and the mistery of the choices of his creator is for me more interesting than want to know what sort of players will improve soon or what sort of tactic is right or wrong
If the young not improve so queeckly than before, the managers have to make different choice than before
Adaptation is very interested too
Report the bugs YES, what to know the strategy to improve NO
But it’s just my opinion

Forums General