Forums General

players improvement

Subscribe to players improvement 44 post(s), 14 voice(s)

November 22, 2007 03:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll be monitoring my own players and let you know if something seems to be wrong. Remember that on MediumTicker all players improved on first tick due to a bug, so they will take twice as much to improve again, then go back to normal.

Cheers.

November 23, 2007 07:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Some of my non-youth players have just improved so I think everything is fine. If you think your players are taking too long to improve don’t worry, all players in the game are like that now. We’ll have a few great players after a couple seasons, and an interesting player market I guess.

Cheers.

November 27, 2007 07:41

637 posts(s)

I find it difficult when a youth player asks for a contract to give him one or not when he has not improved yet. I know this is part of the game and everyone has probably the same problem but maybe you can give a hint if a player is a new talent or not. Then we know that we can expect big improvement or not. When there is a board they can do it perhaps. It’s only a suggestion.

November 27, 2007 08:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, maybe you can have some staff like scouts to give you a hint…of course they won’t be accurate all the time :-)

November 28, 2007 01:34

637 posts(s)

That sounds good. Then we know something but we still aren’t completely sure. The game stays interesting but my problem is solved.
I wait for the board :-)

April 29, 2008 04:13

387 posts(s)

On what conditions the intensity of a players improvement depends on?

Is it …
type of match (CL> league > friendly)
or strength of the opponent (team with ~90 > ~80> ~70)
or just the number of matches played (no matter with kind)?

Can a player improve to a 90shooter if he only plays friendlies against minor teams (~73)?

April 29, 2008 07:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Just the number of matches. If after a match you see a player improving much more than he used to it is likely that he has reached his maximum potential. That’s the only situation he would improve more, but again, no matter what kind of match or opponent.

Cheers!

June 04, 2008 08:41

387 posts(s)

I just want to add that i find this improvement mechanism strange in some ways … like: matches in league should give a bigger boost than friendlies and friendlies against strong players more than playing against a youth team …

this happened in fast ticker last night:

The player http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/4291 (age 24, DC with 85 in tackle) improved within 1 turn from 68 to 88 in passing – 20 POINTS !!!! … and he increased without playing a match !!!
hmmm

June 04, 2008 09:08

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

wow! Gabriel started investigating player leveling yesterday. Lets see what we will find out.

cheers!

June 04, 2008 10:40

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There were some players with wrong information about where they were in the evolution path, so I had to make an update to their information. What seems to have happened is that some players stopped evolving sooner than they should even though they were still gaining experience. With my update your player may have evolved to the last stage at once, reaching his maximum potential. From now on I expect the evolution logic to be back to normal, but I’ll keep my eyes opened to fix anything strange before we reach this situation again.

Cheers!

June 04, 2008 10:59

387 posts(s)

Alright, thanks for taking care. Really appreciate your persistent effort on improvements.

June 06, 2008 09:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

we are planning a big package__ of what we consider CRITICAL improvements that we want to implement in the shortest amount of time possible (the lines in red). The match logic is not there because some of them will deeply affect it. If you guys have any other suggestions that you consider critical, please let us know.
cheers!

June 28, 2008 20:49

1 posts(s)

Hey all,

Just new to the game but I figured I would put my two cents in. I am also an old SS vet and found the teams packed with superstar 19 year olds rediculous, but aside from that a fun little game. Now as far as player improvment goes, slowing things down is great, heaven most players seem to hit stride in their mid twenties. How about something to control player “consistency” in the background, some value that will affect how the players other attributes work during a match. Consistency could be something that grows with age or is liked with age somehow (player attrib for match = consistency-20+base attrib).

One other suggestion would be to have the classic “fails to live up to potential” player pop up occasionally. You know the type the wonderkid who ends up pubing too much and turns to a flop.

Great looking game anyway, good luck in the development.
Kris

June 28, 2008 23:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

First of all welcome, Kwegert!

Your consistency suggestion is very interesting. Would it be like a hidden attribute? We have some ideas regarding player morale as well. The second suggestion would also add something to the game, but I’m afraid it will fit better when we have player attributes decreasing with age or resting.

Hope you enjoy the game and stick with us to see it grow. Lots of improvements coming. Thanks for your suggestions!

Forums General