Forums General

National Teams

Subscribe to National Teams 73 post(s), 19 voice(s)

September 05, 2010 23:13

120 posts(s)

Donator

I think everyone agrees that managers should be allowed to manage club and country… the only issue is that if this causes issues with huge design changes in the game.

I am DYING to know what Julio Cezar said!!! Someone translate it for me!!!

September 05, 2010 23:15

120 posts(s)

Donator

(I tried Babelfish… ehhh… not exactly clear.)

September 06, 2010 01:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Translation for Julio Cezar’s post:

I liked very much the idea of national teams…I’ll give my opinion in order to try to help you doing it the best way you can.

1- I don’t agree in leaving the club to manage the national team, I wouldn’t leave Nancy for anything. I also don’t think it’s good to let CPU manage your team, this way the best clubs will be controlled by CPUs, another reason I wouldn’t leave Nancy one season with the CPU. Who knows I could do that to see how it works, but only once. I agree with the idea of letting a manager managing his club and the national team at the same time.

2- regarding how long the manager will be in the national teams:
I agree that the first 3 or 4 teams in a competition have the right of staying for 1 more season in the national team, in other words, the manager would stay for 1 or 2 season in the national team, after that he is fired and will be able to manage another national team after 1 season only. I say that because I ‘m considering that best ranked managers will have priority in managing national teams. I think you could also take the Hall of Fame in consideration along with the ranking. If you don’t do this way (forcing a 1 season period without managing a national team before being able to do that again) two managers could be fired from their national teams and apply for each other national teams, so the same managers would always be in charge of the national teams (supposing they’re still at the top of the manager ranking) while if you don’t allow them to manage another national team right away there will be more opportunity for other managers.

3 – picking players for the national teams:
Gabriel, you said the players will earn valuable points in the national squad, I don’t know exactly how that is going to work, specially because the players that will have the chance of playing for the national squad will probably be the oldest ones, the ones that don’t improve anymore. So I believe they will earn points to improve beyond their maximum, like an extended maximum for these players. I like the idea if that’s what you’re planning, this helps improving the old players market. If that’s the idea, or even if the idea is to improve players in the current system it will make managers pick their club players so that they improve faster or beyond their maximum. I think it is ok if CPU continues picking the players because it will always choose the best, similarly to what the manager would do, changing one or two players, if the manager is fair without choosing his club’s players, what I think will happen for sure.

September 06, 2010 01:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

New countries: yes, totally agree, the more the better…the problem is it takes a while to gather all the information for a new country, even with some help…and for new continents, it will be even harder, which doesn’t mean we will stick forever with Europe and South America, the idea was always to have all continents.

CPU managing your club: I’ve got the message and I have to say I understand and agree…you should be able to manage your club and the national squad at once…I’ll do my best to make this change as smooth as possible.

Rules for firing managers from national team: most managers will be fired at the end of 1 season, no manager will be able to stay at the same national team for more than 2 seasons and you’ll have to wait 1 season before managing a national team again. Now we need to decide which managers will not be fired.

Players selection: while discussing the design me and Danilo considered this problem (managers selecting players from their own clubs)…you won’t be able to select ANY players, only the best, but even in this case I believe the national team manager’s club will have lots of top players, since it is a top manager, so that’s not enough. I would like to give managers flexibility, but I’m ok with removing that as well.

I’ll write a new post with things we should focus on discussing now :-)

September 06, 2010 01:59

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I would like to ask you guys to focus our discussion in 3 things now:

1) Which managers should be fired after continental cup?
a) None.
b) All.
c) All except the winner.
d) All except the ones with best performance. (how many, 2, 3, 4?)
e) Fire only those disqualified by a weaker team.

2) Which managers should be fired after world cup?
a) None.
b) All.
c) All except the winner.
d) All except the ones with best performance. (how many, 2, 3, 4?)
e) Fire only those disqualified by a weaker team.

3) Players selection.
a) Let CPU choose the players
b) Let managers choose the players among the best available.
c) Let managers choose the players among the best available but don’t give players experience for playing national team matches so that managers don’t feel tempted to pick his club’s players.

My choices and explanation:
1-e: since all competitions will happen every season, continental cups are like a preparation for the world cup, so you should be fired only if you performed below expectations;
2-c: we want more managers to be able to experience national teams, but the WC winner should have the chance to player one more season;
3-c: I don’t wanna ruin the player’s evolution system or ruin the player selection flexibility by having biased managers picking their own players for the national team, so I think this is the best solution.

By the way, when I said players would get valuable points in the national squad I didn’t mean they would receive extra potential, as suggested by Julio Cezar, only more experience points than in a club’s match…just to clarify ;-)

September 06, 2010 08:07

639 posts(s)

Donator

E C C sounds reasonable.

This does not: “New countries: yes, totally agree, the more the better.”

Why would this be so? I think it’s better to concentrate on getting new managers then new countries. Without new managers, new countries will probably be almost empty.

September 06, 2010 09:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The idea of new countries is just to attract more people and make competitions more interesting…but that’s debatable, of course…and I’m losing focus here :-D

September 06, 2010 11:23

637 posts(s)

1) e
but can’t you work here with board expectations. If you don’t get the board expectations you get fired.

2) /
What with for example the manager of Holland. It’s not the strongest national team so they can’t win the world cup in normal circonstances. Although a good manager can get them in the semi finals for instance while there goal is groupphase. That manager should have a chance to stay.

3) c

I would say every manager should have a chance to stay for 2 seasons, but board expectations must be much harder then with clubs. Percentages for getting the match result be board expects must be bigger. Like -10% when you don’t get the result the board wants. When you don’t have 50% after the world cup you get fired, when you have you get an option for a second year with that national team.
In the first year you can control your club yourself, when you choose a second season with the national team your club will be managed by CPU.

After managing a national team a manager can apply immediately for another national team BUT if there are other managers applying for job with that national team they have priority. So everyone can manage a national team once.

September 06, 2010 13:33

120 posts(s)

Donator

1…… D (just 3).
2…… D (3).
3…… C

salud

September 06, 2010 13:56

299 posts(s)

1 & 2

The answer to this in my opinion would be: Only the managers who exceed expectations should be renewed their contracts. If expectations is semifinals, then the manager can stay if he makes it to the final. If the manager should reach the final, then he has to win.
NO “Win the title” objective should be set, otherwise the winner will be sacked based on the logic above.
I think the approach above should manage to have no more than 3 managers being confirmed per year.
A manager should not be confirmed a second time

3….A
CPU should choose the players. To increase managers choices in choosing the line-up, the number of players should perhaps be increased from 23 to 33 (an extra 1-3-3-3 per position)
As someone pointed out, almost all players going to national team will be fully grown, hence, experience points won’t matter.

And of course, no point having the CPU manage your team while you coach a national side.
Country managers should have priority over foreign managers.

September 06, 2010 19:40

387 posts(s)

1) f – fire all who perform weaker than their expectations (QF, Semis, Final etc) – expectation/ranking bases on country ranking (?) – never fire a manager when his wins the trophy

2) f – fire all who perform weaker than their expectations (QF, Semis, Final etc) – expectation/ranking bases on country ranking (?) – never fire a manager when his wins the trophy

3) d – don’t pre-select the players. Let the coach do all the gold digging for his. And give him the chance to nominate “strange” players, like in real life

September 07, 2010 02:46

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Our option so far (please comment on top of these, if you disagree):

1) Fire all who perform weaker than their expectations (which will end up translating as fire all who lose to a weaker team, given the nature of the competition draw) – assume expectations based on country ranking to begin with. As both continental competition and world cup happen in the same season we want to give all managers the chance of staying in the national team for the world cup.

2) Fire all who don’t exceed expectations (no win the title expectation) – Dhimitri’s suggestion. This will make it harder to stay in the national team, only the champion is guaranteed. We may or may not have the 2 seasons limit.

3) No experience for players in national team matches; managers will be able to choose the players from lists of best players for each position (starting with 30 GKs, 70 defenders, 80 midfielders and 50 attackers). It is simple to change these values in the future. Choosing from all available players sounds better, but will take longer to design, whereas the lists design is ready to go.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

September 07, 2010 13:17

803 posts(s)

My opinion (based on Gabriel’s last post):

1) Totally agree

2) I agree with the first part. About the 2 seasons limit it sure will have to be when we have the 4 year cicle competition, till then maybe we could let the winner stays…

3) As the last one I think there should be experience points when we have a 4 year cicle competitions, also the stamina should drop… It would be more realistic and it would be the cost for those extra experience points, you could have other mechanisms to prevent managers from selecting their own players for the national team, such as higher expectation levels, more easily firing managers with horrible performances (probably because they selected their players and not the better ones).

About the CPU managed teams I would prefer to have them and have the nat teams ready for human management quickly than waiting for the improvments you will have to do to be possible one manager to have both league and nat team. Maybe we could have the CPU option (or leaving the team) while there is no 4 year cicle competitions and the managing the 2 teams when there is such a cicle, that way you would have time to prepare the changes needed for that while more countries are added to the game…

September 08, 2010 00:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Looks like we’re getting somewhere…I agree with you Filipe, all these ideas are considering the current 1 year cycle of competitions, when we change to the 4 years cycle these rules are likely to change.

Don’t worry about CPU managed teams, we’re in good shape in terms of design changes to allow a manager to manage a club and a national team at the same time ;-)

September 08, 2010 00:35

287 posts(s)

1) Fire all who perform weaker than their expectations (but at least 1 or 2 should be fired – it makes more competitive and new managers will try to apply to WC – it will be funnier)

2) Just remains 2 (or 3 = optional ) managers: 1st, 2nd(optional) and “best surprise” – someone who have exceed a lot his expectation.

3) If a manager pick players from his own team player he should decide: lose stamina and receive experience points or no stamina and no xp. In the first case the “home player” should be blocked by director board if he is too weak comparing with others.

September 08, 2010 02:40

8 posts(s)

Donator

1) D (just 3)
2) D (just 3)
3) E

I still think that a manager can get two seasons, then it is mandatory to wait a season to take over national team

cheers,
Julio

September 08, 2010 16:21

241 posts(s)

My suggestion is to select managers each season randomly. Say for 15 national teams select randomly top 15 ranked guys from a pool of managers that applied for the national team jobs.

September 09, 2010 05:33

828 posts(s)

id like to manage England…

September 11, 2010 07:49

340 posts(s)

In real life? :)
Impossible task… You’ll have more success claiming you are the new Jesus!! :)

September 11, 2010 10:57

8 posts(s)

Donator

I also liked the suggestion of Amac

September 14, 2010 13:46

639 posts(s)

Donator

I noticed Player Stats now has the word ‘Internationalizations’ which probably is intended to mean how many games a player has played for the national team. I don’t think this is the correct word though. I think the word must be ‘Caps’ but perhaps a native English speaker can confirm this.

September 14, 2010 20:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s exactly the meaning…anyone could confirm the best word to use? It’s a simple change :-)

September 15, 2010 15:53

71 posts(s)

Donator

Caps is the word used to describe international appearances

September 16, 2010 17:39

51 posts(s)

apologies if this has already been discussed but i did a quick search and didnt see it.

Could something be added to the TEAM >> PLAYERS view so we can see if any of our players have been either
1) picked for international duty even if it’s a friendly
2) or if they have played for their country.

Be good to have a general view like that on the team instead of visiting each player.

It would also be nice to see what team a national player plays for if i viewed the international team via the NATIONAL SQUAD and then TEAM >> PLAYERS view.

just an idea to make things more interesting ;)

September 16, 2010 21:28

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

In the team players page you see a small medal with the country flag when the player is part of the national team. The only indication of how many matches the player has played for the national team is currently in the player statistics page. We need improvement in this area, maybe.

I like the suggestion of easily viewing the player’s club in the national team’s player page. I’ll try to do something.

September 16, 2010 22:31

51 posts(s)

aha i see the medal now. Thats a good feature :)

Sometimes the screen can become a statistics overkill but to be honest, i think anyone who plays management games LOVES to analyse all those numbers etc. The more you build on the national team feature the more interesting it will become :)

September 20, 2010 11:47

803 posts(s)

Hey guys, first of all I liked the teams logo in the players page, but I don’t think it makes that difference for the couch, I will have to analise the statistics anyway. But it looks cool so no need to complain :D

I have a question to make, are the friendly matches taking the home team advantage in consideration? I’ve been making changes to the team for away matches but probably it wasn’t necessary…

September 20, 2010 21:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

All national team matches have no home advantage, so you don’t need to worry about that.

September 22, 2010 18:59

387 posts(s)

“From: Assistant
Re: Squad selection

You have 12 turns to change the players in our squad for the next competition. "

What does this mean?

September 22, 2010 21:01

637 posts(s)

I think you can’t change your squad anymore when the european cup is starting. So you need to choose the players you want to start the tournement with before these 12 turns.

Forums General