I've actually sold a player!

Subscribe to I've actually sold a player! 14 post(s), 6 voice(s)

November 03, 2011 08:45

51 posts(s)

hold the front page. I’ve finally sold ONE player since the change. I’m in both games but the player Federico Pacetti has left for Alemannia Aachen. Here are his stats:-

Nationality:

Club: Alemannia Aachen Previous club: Defensa y Justicia Estimated Value: $1,194,216

Attributes

Position: D

Side: LR

Keeping: 35

Tackle: 79

Passing: 62

Shooting: 72

Speed: 75

Dribble: 74

Control: 75

Header: 74

Aggressiveness: 11

Stamina: 99

Now why would this player get sold? I bet he turns into a fantastic player. doh!

November 03, 2011 09:27

639 posts(s)

Donator

I’m jealous!

November 03, 2011 11:17

803 posts(s)

Well, in FT I started in Newcastle just a few turns ago and sold 4 players already, all to CPU teams, the only thing is I sold them for what they actually worth (almost nothing), maybe more as I was willing to pay them to leave the team… If or when this game is more popular we will have mostly all teams managed by human managers, I guess then it will be even harder to sell this crappy players so we better get used to that…

November 03, 2011 14:59

51 posts(s)

i aint going to get used to it :P lol

i sold him for as little as possible. It took loads of ticks to get one team interested as well.

November 03, 2011 15:08

803 posts(s)

We all eventually will, crapy players will begin to be fired instead of listed for transfer, all player prices will eventually drop as so as player value and eventually those prices will fell like the normal prices to us, it takes time but we will adjust to the changes :D

November 03, 2011 15:18

72 posts(s)

Felipe, in short, we will face recession :)

November 03, 2011 20:48

51 posts(s)

and it will be nothing like the real life football. I’m afraid this is a turn for the worse. It’s killed the game for me, i do less than i did before. I remember the manager/soccersim days, being very active because there was a lot going on that i needed to get involved in. The transfer and development side was one side of this game i liked. It’s now gone. But that is just my view and i’m sure everyone is enjoying the change :)

November 03, 2011 21:12

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’m sure that with more managers we will have a better transfer market. It’s not fair to have an active market based on CPU dumb decisions. I’m glad to hear players are being sold to CPU after the change, I’ve also sold one myself earlier this season.

November 03, 2011 23:17

51 posts(s)

i agree it’s not fair to have an active market based on CPU dumb decisions, but has the change actually made CPU players act better? I question that. Yes they are not buying totally pathetic players but the veterans who still can kick a ball / make a difference no longer sell for as low as we can transfer them to lower league teams. This doesnt happen in real football. Instead everyone INCLUDING the CPU are now being ultra fussy about who they sign. Only young up and coming players are worth buying by anyone. That is just not a good change. Not realistic and not what i would expect as a person coming in to an online football game. It needs tweaking…it’s STILL not right.

I’m guessing this will be left for a few seasons to see how things are. So please put me out of my misery. Will you review this in the future or are you actually happy with the change?

November 04, 2011 09:33

639 posts(s)

Donator

I’m also not happy with the change. Steve stated it well, but just to add: the part of the game I enjoy most is trying to improve a team, but it’s hard to do in the current situation, so now it’s just less fun.

November 04, 2011 21:25

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’m willing to change it to balance the hiring of good veterans who can have an immediate impact on the team vs young promising players. It makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the input guys.

November 08, 2011 13:25

639 posts(s)

Donator

(warning: a bit of a whine)

It’s really frustrating, I have two youth players asking for a contract and I would like to sign them both, but I only can if I fire a player (or manage to sell one after all) :(

November 08, 2011 15:34

51 posts(s)

I feel your pain Dimitri. Can only hope that the next update will inject the life back into the game by sorting out the transfer market. i’ve put a freeze on doing anything in the game until the change is done. Hold on in there and then see how it is.

November 28, 2011 19:56

58 posts(s)

I agree with Steve and Dimitri… the transfer give more fun and reality to the game…. and yes some good veterans will improve some weak teams….