Is this transfer for real?

Subscribe to Is this transfer for real? 14 post(s), 5 voice(s)

September 19, 2011 21:33

32 posts(s)

How can the CPU pay 23m for a 36 years old player?

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/68093

Is that behavior right?

September 19, 2011 22:01

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It’s a hell of a keeper, but too old for this price I’d say. I have some ideas to improve CPU buy/sell skills, let’s see what I can do. Oh, let’s not forget about loans, CPU teams should be loaning players :-)

September 20, 2011 12:07

340 posts(s)

Gabriel, how hard of a task would it be to “record” the best managers in the game and the cpu´s try to “emulate” them?
You could have several “profiles” which the non-human led teams utilize and “learn”?

Or just do random stuff, for example cpu teams always have enough players, loaning from their youth teams and/or from other teams.

Another thing could be game knowing some managers are very good at spotting great players and then bidding on same players as they do? Well, not always but sometimes at least..

Could be fun and specially the last thing I mention shouldn’t be too hard to implement, no?

BK

September 20, 2011 22:43

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I thought about having CPU profiles, but I’m working on some basic improvements first. CPU teams are not very good in evaluating player’s potential yet and still buy some old players just because they fit their squad, no matter if it’s not a smart deal. I’ll change their transfers decisions based on long-term goals, not immediate needs only, as it is today.

The profiles you suggest could be very useful when it comes to CPU tactics. This is another area that needs major improvements. Now that we have a higher number of CPU teams it will be nice to have them better managing their squads and tactics.

Cheers.

September 21, 2011 06:54

340 posts(s)

Gabriel, the easiest “AI” must be letting CPU teams “evaluate” player potential.
IF you have as ManagerSim had current skill set and a potential skill set, then it’s very easy.
How is this hard when you can calculate the sum of potential skills minus the current skills and then sort the list by value and age?
Maybe the CPU teams could buy non-listed players from each other though?

Well, for immediate needs, they should just get a cheap player then, or loan from human managers based on rankings perhaps?

yeah, just copy the tactics of top 20 managers and add them randomly to the cpu teams, then let that team that has copied your tactics to “preferably” loan your players on loanlist ;)
When a manager takes over then “reset” the tactics to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 so the new manager can not see the copy of a successful manager tactics.

BK

September 21, 2011 08:03

299 posts(s)

Berhan, I don’t think it would be any fair to program CPU teams to bid on the same players as “smart” managers do. This is a clear penalty you would implement on the managers who do proper scouting work, a “skill” that indeed can create the difference for most managers out there.

September 21, 2011 08:30

340 posts(s)

Dhmitri, excellent point, but it could add some extra difficulties to the game, and that is not too bad, is it?

Now, we have the manager reputation, that can be used to trigger the extra difficulty, meaning :
when a 90% reputation manager bids on a potentially great player, cpu teams with big money would make it harder for them to get the player. Sure the 100% reputation manager can suffer from such an action too but it will be slightly more difficult than already is.

About the scouting, it is not scouting at all, it’s a search list, you are guessing depending on the age and the skills of a player whether you have a potential great player or not. We can never have proper “scouting” functions in the game until we have better tools than just guessing. First step would be the ability to employ npc scouting personel. They could scout and give you back a report of the potential of the players they scout. I would have removed the search functionality altogether, that in a way is a tool for cheating, kind of. When you have the info and time to spend then you can use the function to get good potential players. That is not a skill, it’s called spare time you can spend on searching players. :)

Now, be aware of the fact that you really have no idea that the player you buy will actually get any better, but similar to stock market, when people think that they have something that people will buy for big bucks because they think they can sell it for even higher price in the (near) future, is speculations. That kind of think I am a bit against and ManagerSim had some solutions to that with the big club clause and free on relegation, or players refusing to renew etc..

Seriously though, about scouting, development etc:
I would rather change the formulas for developing the player than make it the way it works really. but that’s a different issue.

BK

September 21, 2011 20:29

32 posts(s)

I think what we really need is more human (good) players, and not stronger CPUs.

In the of the line it is they who really set the level of the game.

If you think the CPUs are too easy, then I suggest you try stronger leagues, like the brazilian one ;)

September 22, 2011 07:22

828 posts(s)

^^ i agree with heraser

September 22, 2011 08:27

340 posts(s)

And I think they are two completely different issues!!

One has nothing to do with the other.

My suggestion is how to make the game more fair/even/harder and prevent some cheating (or at least make it harder)
Your suggestion is marketing the trademark RubySoccer, increasing number of human managers, two completely different things.
But I see you point, that is the the useless things people spend their time and energy, discussions that lead to nothing, most people are probably just interested in playing the game.

BK

September 22, 2011 10:13

828 posts(s)

your reply doesnt make any sense

September 22, 2011 11:42

340 posts(s)

What do you mean?

BK

September 23, 2011 10:06

828 posts(s)

Edited due to ^ him changing his insult to " what do you mean?"

September 23, 2011 11:31

340 posts(s)

Now, don’t get too upset, you can not have it all. Have a cup of tea son and get over it.

BK