Forums FastTicker

Player logic....

Subscribe to Player logic.... 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

March 15, 2016 23:17

13 posts(s)

What’s the logic behind the choice players make to join a club on loan? Now one of my players got the chance to join a club in the premier league of Spain/ Portugal and England. Much higher ranked leagues then the German league I’m in. Compared to the current players in their squads my player would definitely be part of the team and play matches. The experience of playing matches in one of the high ranked countries might even lead to some skill development. So why would this player choose for a club in Peru? A country that’s just a bit higher in rank than Germany.

March 16, 2016 00:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The logic is highest wage percentage, then longest loan period, then weakest team bidding. In terms of improvement if he only needs to play matches he’ll improve equally fast in any team, otherwise it depends on what is the player requirement. Did you set up anything specific in your loan clauses such as team playing international competitions or from higher ranked countries?

March 16, 2016 19:35

13 posts(s)

Thanks for the explanation! My expectation of how the new training system would work and would impact players choices was different.

Especially for the players that can only improve this season by playing matches in the top 3 countries or in a country that’s at least ranked 3 positions higher then the players home country. I expected the player to be smart and to choose automatically for a club in one of these high ranked countries. Especially if the players home country is ranked already in top 10 for example.

Good to know you can’t leave this decision up to the players. That’s probably also the reason why you created the option to reduce the number of clubs. So at least as a manager you can influence the players choice by raising the bar for the variable that selects automatically the weakest team.

(Just for my understanding: you’ve probably created this ‘weakest team’ rule, to give weak clubs an option to improve as well)

March 17, 2016 01:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, didn’t make the players very smart on such decisions :-)
The weakest team tie breaker served two purposes: increase the chance of a player being played in official matches AND helping weaker teams.

Forums FastTicker