Forums FastTicker

Too Much Pro-Euro Country Ranking

Subscribe to Too Much Pro-Euro Country Ranking 11 post(s), 7 voice(s)

December 18, 2011 01:49

32 posts(s)

Can we please redo the ranking system?
I know South America has pratically lost the right to fight for the first position, since euros have more human managers, although, I consider that it’s only because of Spain, France and England; but can’t we at least get a shot at the second?

Brazil wins the CWC 3 times and gets 3rd ranking, at most, in every season. Now look at difference when England gets the CWC.

December 18, 2011 02:48

803 posts(s)

The CWC is almost insignificant in the country ranking, Brazil started losing points because you have now 13 teams to average, Brazil and Argentine teams have no opposition but your teams eliminate each-other so its more difficult for one country to have a higher average. I dont know how things will be now with the new countries but I guess this is why there are 3 new South American countries, there will be more Brazilian and Argentine teams with good performances…

December 18, 2011 09:49

18 posts(s)

I believe that this current system is not well balanced, and I’m not just talking about the CWC that is almost insignificant and have not a big impact in the end, but I’m talking about the total point that one European team can earn against a South American team.

You can compare this just looking at the countries detailed points. The maximum that São Caetano reached in the last 4 championships was 150 points, while Cardiff already reached almost 184 points and in one season that didnt take the championship.

Other thing. When the south american competition starts, most os european countries already have 20 points or more in their accounts (2 group stages against 1 from South America).

I Believe that the total amount that both sides can earn should be the same, and maybe some changes increasing the weight for the quarter, semi and finals. Also giving much more weight to the CWC.

December 18, 2011 11:40

803 posts(s)

The number of points a team can earn if win every match is the same for European and South American teams, also there’s only one group phase in European competitions, I believe Cardiff played the qualification that season and won almost every match till the final… As I said the difference now is that as Europe has 8 groups its easier for all teams from England, France and Spain to qualify and make some points. As Brazil and Argentine have 13 teams playing its harder for any to have all teams in the group stages. I believe this season things may change as there are 3 new countries in South America so maybe there will be 8 groups too…

December 18, 2011 15:07

299 posts(s)

Yes, there will be eight groups in SA now, too. That should help the Brazilian teams win more matches, hence collect more pts. On the other hand, there are still too many Brazilian teams playing in the continentals, hence it will continue to play down the country’s avg pts.
Anyway, I would wait till the end of this season…I bet Brazil will gain an avg. of around 85 pts, a significant jump from last seasons.

December 19, 2011 08:51

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Filipe and Dhimitri nailed it, we’ll now have 8 groups in SA competitions as well, increasing the chance of Brazilian and Argentinian clubs have a better performance. Another good point to mention is that, even with an extra round on European competitions as we had last season the number of points a team could make in Europe was exactly the same as a club in South America, i.e. both teams starting on qualifying round and winning all matches until the title would have the same number of points.

December 20, 2011 11:51

678 posts(s)

IMO it’s nice to see the tables have turned. In the early day’s it was only Brazil and argentina who had to devide all the points, while europe had to split it through like 5 or something. The first 30 seasons was just brazil who was dominated because of the flawed concept.

I’m kinda happy to see them being on the otherside of it all :)

December 22, 2011 21:04

32 posts(s)

It’s been almost the same amount of seasons with Europe been favored in the ranking, so I think it’s fair that we tried to balance things a little more, even though it’s understandable that it will never be completely possible until Euro have more managers.

And I didn’t mean just CWC, I assume, since we all keep saying that Europe should get an extra boost, everybody knows that Brasil and Argentina rule SA. The last seasons we got brazilian teams in the finals and semifinals of both Sudamericana and LA, a lot of times with both making the final match. When one of them wins the CWC it’s not just ‘a’ detail, it’s ‘the’ detail.

December 22, 2011 23:11

803 posts(s)

Realistic it only could be fair if Eur and SA compete in a global competitions, but I think that would bring too much difference from the real world competitions and that is something RS is appreciated for. Also I think that would be worse for SA teams, São Catano can defeat any european team, but I dont think the other top SA teams can compete against the European top…

December 23, 2011 18:50

639 posts(s)

Donator

The real world cup is a tournament of seven teams, with the CL and CA winners seeded for the semifinal. In Rubysoccer there are only two continents, but still, a tournament wouldn’t be unrealistic.

December 23, 2011 20:38

803 posts(s)

I said it would be unrealistic if we replaced the current international competitions for global ones. If the current competitions stay then any tournament would still have a small influence in the ranking.

Forums FastTicker