Forums FastTicker

issue with "Player too important"

Subscribe to issue with "Player too important" 9 post(s), 6 voice(s)

November 04, 2011 17:43

9 posts(s)

Hi everyone,

I’ am new in the game (played 2 seasons with 2 clubs), and since the change of (the PC doesn’t buy the old players).

My issue is that I got an old player that I can’t sell, and I can’t let the contract end because the board resigned him, and I can’t fire him because he is too important (for the board, and not for me).

What can i do if i want to get rid of a player that doesn’t interest me?

1) Sell me
2) Fire him
3) Let his contract end

1) I ‘am trying to sell since 40-60 turns at 1/10 of his valour a player of 31 yrs old, but nobody wants him (pc or human player)

2) I can’t fire him because he played a lot before, for the team. I get the message (player to important, you can’t fire him…..)

3) And let the contract end: the club resigned him for a year ……………………. and he will just be in my B team or friendly matches.

Do i have to keep these players for 5-8 years? And let them retire from the game, the only solution for the moment that i see?
Witch just kills my wage budget 3 players of 20 000 (60 000) that kills my small team (stadium of 26 000 seats).

I do understand the change of the pc buying young potential players, but could it be possible to remove the (too important player), until the problem of selling old players is done?

Regards

November 04, 2011 18:37

803 posts(s)

I have the same problem in Newcastle, as I’m building the team with young players I wont need the older ones, yet they are my best players (actual skills) so the board doesn’t allow me to fire them. I think the latest change to the CPU buying strategy was a good thing, but maybe now there should be some exceptions to the rigid board rules, I suggested before this rules should be dependent on the manager reputation, now we have the reputation thing it could be used for that. If a manager has a good reputation he should be able to fire players like the ones we cant fire, cheaters would continue to have the restrictions…

Other rules like the minimum price to ask for a player or the number of players we can fire in a turn could be dependent on manager reputation too…

November 04, 2011 18:41

803 posts(s)

oh, there is a trick to get ride of those players I used when got to Newcastle. At the end of season if you have space in the team you hire retiring players that are best than the one you want to fire, if the board sees there are better players than that one in the team than they let you fire him, when the new season starts the retiring players retire and you have fired the crappy one :D

November 04, 2011 19:08

9 posts(s)

Hi Filipe,

For me i could maybe be a great idea the reputation :)

For the only one player fired by turn is ok, i don’t think you need to change that (at the worst case in 30 turns you can fire the hole team :) )

the idea of hiring a better player before the contract ends was an idea that i had (a super player from Galatasaray that reties at the end of the year, but the board still didn’t want to let him go. really no luck ^^

November 04, 2011 19:47

22 posts(s)

Hello,

+1 on the “important player” issue.
As the computer doesn’t buy anymore old players, The Board should not resign these players …
Otherwise, it’s nearly impossible to build/rebuild/renew our team.

Regards,
Antonin

November 04, 2011 20:19

609 posts(s)

It’s made this way to not let cheaters join a team and fire all the best players of that team. I’m rebuilding my team to, however i still keep the best old players to stay above the 1% :).

You have 2 options really;

1. Play with them and sub youth in
2. Let them rot!

November 04, 2011 20:35

9 posts(s)

I truly understand that it’s to protect against cheaters (even if i don’t understand why there are cheaters in a free online game).

But when i arrived in the team i had a goal, 32 years old, and he had 72 in keeping, and he was the best goal of the team, but when i tried to fire him, he was too important to be fired ……………………., a 72 goal keeper ^^ i had to wait until i got a young goal with 80 to get rid of him but only 30 turns before the end of this contract (and the selling of old players stilled worked at that moment).

If i let them rot 7-8 years in my team for no reason, he hurts really badly my team because i have a low income of money because of my small stadium.
i prefer to pay a little bit of money, then seeing a useless player in my team, but that’s me :p

November 04, 2011 21:19

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think it does make sense to change the rule, either based on manager reputation or player age. I’ll take a note.

Cheers.

November 05, 2011 08:08

299 posts(s)

@Seb

If that old goalie was the only goalie in your team, then the board won’t let you sell, unless you have at least one replacement ready. This has always been the case for goalies, since it’s an important position and you can’t play without one.

Forums FastTicker