Forums FastTicker

The Dutch "Monster"

Subscribe to The Dutch "Monster" 45 post(s), 11 voice(s)

October 27, 2012 10:40

104 posts(s)

Cpus team in Holland no have good goal keeper

October 27, 2012 14:32

639 posts(s)

Donator

Yeah, that’s probably the main reason.

November 18, 2012 16:42

639 posts(s)

Donator

The Dutch league was very exciting this season:

1. PSV 100
2. De Graafschap 100
3. AGOVV 99
4. Ajax 92 (losing against PSV and Feyenoord in the last two matches)

A high level on the top in The Netherlands, but also some teams that will be good in the future, like NEC. And Charles with Feyenoord has a squad with only young players, but already made it to place 7.

I think AGOVV has the best players, but I guess PSV was a bit more lucky this season. I’ll try to defend the title next season again!

November 19, 2012 12:23

9 posts(s)

Congrats on winning the title Dimitri!!

Unfortunately i was defeated by a goal in the last 10 minutes in my 2 most important matches this season.
Could have been way different.

Anyhow, this year was very exciting! Good luck next year.

December 11, 2012 20:42

639 posts(s)

Donator

Again a very exciting season. AGOVV and PSV had the same amount of points with three matches to go, AGOVV was ahead by just two goals. Then they won their next matches with 14-0 and 12-0! Between them and the title was just an away match against Ajax… which they lost 4-2. So by winning the last three matches PSV again became champion!

Also Feyenoord did very well this season by qualifying for the CL by taking the 4th place. They have a very young squad which will probably compete for the title in the near future. NEC for the second time in a row just managed to avoid relegation, but they will probably compete for European football in two seasons. There were also two new managers and decent results in Europe, the Dutch League is doing well at the moment!

January 07, 2013 16:17

639 posts(s)

Donator

After just missing the title two seasons in a row, AGOVV finally got it in season 78. This time it was a close race with Feyenoord. It didn’t look that way at first: AGOVV had won 26 of the first 28 matches and seemed to win the title easily, but in the next seven matches they only gained nine points. They were only one point ahead with three matches to go, but since both teams won their last three matches, they kept the one point difference. Feyenoord becomes stronger each season though, so perhaps they win the title next year.

Defending champion PSV was only at the fourth place this time, but did make the most goals by far (135). But it won’t be easy for them to get their title back.

The international results of the Dutch teams were decent. No spectaculair results, but a lot of teams qualified for the knock out phase, which means the fifth place was stablized. And the difference with number four Argentina is only five points, so who knows…

January 08, 2013 15:45

340 posts(s)

Haha, Dimitri, congrats winning a multi-player game of two then!! ;)

Time to move to a real multi-player league?

/BK

January 08, 2013 16:03

301 posts(s)

why not JOIN holland BK?
every league i’ve joined as made it to the top of the EUFA ranking. that is my goal once again with the Netherlands! perhaps too diffcult this time around? :)
hopefully we get more GMs and everyone can help out or else my goal won’t be achieved! :)

January 09, 2013 07:49

828 posts(s)

try winning england probally the hardest league atm

the dutch league isnt that populated looks like a lower div league no offense. im happy that your are spending time developing other countries

i only manage my favorate team i have the money now but the transfer market looks shite no one of quality other than my players for sale

i probally shouldnt sell anymore

January 09, 2013 13:10

301 posts(s)

I’ve won Spain a few times already, i’m taking it slack right now and just enjoying the game. I’ll see what happens once the changes are implemented :)

January 10, 2013 11:19

340 posts(s)

Charles, it would be like joining the Swedish league, 2-3 strong teams and you start with a crappy team, take 10 seasons to build them and win something, not the idea of multi-playing with others, is it?!
But whatever you find amusing in such setup I am sure it works for you. There are so many levels to play this game at, so playing for something that game wants people to play is not one of my main objectives. I just spend some time here, that’s all. Interaction with other managers is fun, rest needs much more work to make it interesting to try to do something fun, like trying to win a league or a cup.

/BK

January 10, 2013 14:26

301 posts(s)

you said it perfectly. I’ve been in top leagues before for the challenge of winning leagues with many managers. Now i’m taking it relax :)

like you said, different managers will play this game differently to get what they want out of it. I used to play the game just to develop players. Then at one point i decided i wanted to start challenging for league titles. then i decided to do that but in leagues where there were a lot of managers. Now i guess i’m back to developing players and see where i go from there.

January 11, 2013 08:09

828 posts(s)

charles have you ever played in england ? i dont think you have you lot want an already formed team. try building one from 2nd div in a populated country ;) if you want a challenge

January 11, 2013 12:18

301 posts(s)

all the teams i’ve taken weren’t formed to begin with, they’ve all been bottom dwellers with less than 2mil$ in the bank. but i’m pretty sure i’ll give england a try at some point :)

January 30, 2013 13:15

639 posts(s)

Donator

There was a close fight for the title in season 79. For a long time there was one point difference between Feyenoord and Ajax, but when in round 35 PSV beated the Amsterdam team the fight for the title was decided. Feyenoord champion, Ajax 4 points behind.

It wasn’t the only succes for Charles and the harbour city though. Not only did they win the national cup by beating Ajax 4-0 in the final, they also managed to win the Champions League, and even the club world cup! The quadruple! Because of this the Netherlands will be number 4 in the country rankings next season. Charles said he wants to try to get Holland to the top of the UEFA ranking, will he manage? I’ll do my best to help him with that :)

Forums FastTicker