Forums FastTicker

Novos países e o ranking

Subscribe to Novos países e o ranking 19 post(s), 10 voice(s)

September 29, 2011 09:24

116 posts(s)

Bom dia,

como ficou o novo cálculo dos pontos acumulados no ranking devido ao desempenho internacional?

Pelo visto a Europa está em vantagem agora, pois são mais jogos que contabilizam pontos no ranking e consequentemente mais pontos.

A minha observação está certa, ou existe alguma margem de correção?

A diferença de pontos está muito grande.

Valeu.

September 29, 2011 10:02

678 posts(s)

if you would write in english I could actually answer……

September 29, 2011 18:07

116 posts(s)

Google translate:

Good morning, how was the new calculation of points accumulated in the rankings due to the international performance?
Apparently Europe is now at an advantage because they are more games that count in the ranking points and thus more points.
My observation is right, or there is some room for correction?

The points gap is too large.

Thanks.

September 29, 2011 18:32

609 posts(s)

We play more games so we are able to earn more points, is that what you’re asking?

September 29, 2011 18:34

116 posts(s)

Vaughn, the european teams, have more games that the sulamerica teams.

It is my point.

The european teams will gain more points.

September 29, 2011 18:37

609 posts(s)

Looking at the current astimation of the ranking it seems we still get around the same points. The gap is big because France has been doing very well last seasons in el/cl etc.

There was a time Brazil had a HUGE lead over everyone :)

September 29, 2011 19:05

14 posts(s)

I also had a question about the way the rankings are working with new countries,
I manage Deportivo Pereira (Colombia), last season I was 1st in Primera A, the best I could do in international competition the next season, was play a qualifying match against Deportivo Quevedo (Ecuador) I won my 2 matches (both 3-0) that gave me a change to go to the Group Stage, then Independiente Medellín (Colombia) tied both of the qualifying matches against Tanque Sisley (Uruguay) in Sudamericana (unfortunately Independiente Medellin was disqualified) looking at the points for Colombia up to that point we had less points that Switzerland and they had 2 teams playing qualifying matches in both (1 in each CL and EL) the 2 teams lost all 4 matches and then 2 other teams automatically qualified to Group Stage, Basel got 8.108 points for simply playing in Group stage.
I see a disadvantage for South American teams in the way the rankings are set up. (It could be because of the number of leagues in Europe against South America) but something needs to be fixed

September 29, 2011 19:35

828 posts(s)

lol wrong

September 29, 2011 21:13

678 posts(s)

yeah Felix, I see you joined season 40, so you don’t remember the early day’s when ALL THE POINTS where devided between brazil and argentina, while europe had 7 countries and had to devide it.

In my eyes, it’s nice to see it the other way around for a change….

September 29, 2011 21:18

803 posts(s)

They have a point, European teams have now more chances of making international points as we have more matches to play and it is easier for to have more teams in the group phase (actually playing the competition). Yet, any changes to be made have to be carefully considered because it could turn the balance again for Brazil and Argentina, remember they now have 13 teams each playing international cups…

September 29, 2011 21:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

If you look at the international points carefully you’ll see there is a correction factor in place so that if a team starts in the qualifying round and win all the matches up to the final in Champions League he’ll have the same number of points as a team which does the same in Libertadores. The same analogy can be done between Europa League and Sudamericana. The only disadvantage not corrected by this factor is the fact that more countries in Europe will have teams automatically qualifying for the group stage, giving them some points to start with. Once we have more countries in South America the problem will be exactly the opposite.

We’ll try to find a better way to calculate the international points, but the thing is the existing slightly disadvantage shouldn’t be a big deal when your country starts performing well. I’m hoping to help Colombia next season by playing Libertadores ;-)

September 30, 2011 10:37

299 posts(s)

Not to mention the fact that countries like Brazil and Argentina get 10+ teams each in their continental competitions, while European countries get at best only 7 teams.

September 30, 2011 22:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

But getting 10+ teams is only an advantage if they play well, cause the country points is the average of the teams’ points. My suggestion to reduce the discrepancies is to stop giving points for pre-group stage matches and for getting into the group stage, that means only victories or draws during the group stage and following stages would be considered. How does that sound?

September 30, 2011 23:18

609 posts(s)

Why not make an amount that is set before to give away in total. For example;

- Champions League has 32 teams (from grp stage)
- Libertadores has 16 teams (from grp stage)
- The max points for Champions League and Liberadores are {xxxx} points to give away in each cup
- Per win and draw you get an amount of points
- When u win in CL you get for example 3 points in ranking but in Lib you get 6 since there are less teams

The same amount will be given away IF you win everything :) A draw will result in getting less points.

Maybe it’s an option to invole the board expectations in it, so if the expect you to get in to the group stage and u and up in the semi finals you will get some more points?

Just shooting idea’s here.

October 01, 2011 12:57

72 posts(s)

i would rather like things to be simple… current method of using average points sounds effective and simple…

i don’t think we will ever have a perfect system, because at the end of the day, europe will always have more teams … the only fair solution as i can see is to increase the number of teams to 32 in group stage for south american championships. ( either by having more countries or by increasing the number of clubs for each country)

October 01, 2011 15:02

803 posts(s)

Gabriel your idea makes perfect sense, I think in real life qualification matches also don’t give points, the actual competition only starts with the group phase…

October 01, 2011 17:14

14 posts(s)

giving points to group matches only might not be a good idea, Small countries will never get points because they will not have the team to beat a good “established” team, the only way you can get points if you are a weak team is to face and win a weaker team which will be hard, I think points should be given to qualifing matches (in South America) only until there are 32 teams in group stage. and the only way to have this and to be fair is to have more countries becasue if only 7 countries have 32 teams in group the advantage will always be for Argentina and Brazil.

November 23, 2011 18:03

32 posts(s)

Looking at the CL campaign after the new countries additions, it seems things became a little more balanced in comparison to Libertadores – CL got more easy matches. Isn’t it time to adjust things?

South America was already capped before, but now we went from 10 teams to 13 teams to calculate our ranking.

Considering that the calculation is based on the division of the sum of all teams points in each country, that makes things too unbalanced.

I believe that all 13 teams shouldn’t be used to calculate the ranking.

November 23, 2011 18:59

803 posts(s)

I think 13 teams is too much, but you shouldn’t have the same number of european countries or we would have the unbalance again for South American countries as Brazil and Argentina dominates all other countries, if you had the same number of teams you would have all the teams in the final stages with no eforth and so a huge ranking without actually competition… In Europe the fight is more intense and between many countries.

Forums FastTicker