Forums FastTicker

Six new countries

Subscribe to Six new countries 11 post(s), 8 voice(s)

September 13, 2011 09:52

639 posts(s)

Donator

Nice work! Or as Berhan K wrote: "
Fantastic stuff, the new countries!!!

I was itching to take on a team in Sweden, but I’ll stick around at EPL, beating Davison is too much fun. Besides I guess someone has to make it harder for Filipe, most team give him easy points anyway. ;)"

A question: how does the Champions League and Europe League work now? I see there’s an extra qualification round?

September 13, 2011 10:02

678 posts(s)

personally, I would have loved to see it like it was in Managersim. You had your Qualifer round, and then you would get 2 group stages. Perhaps the #3 in the group stage could go to the EL?

That is still a shame that we don’t have that in here. Some teams that get 3rd in CL, might be strong enough to still win EL. It would perhaps be better for the game….

September 13, 2011 13:57

299 posts(s)

nice thing the new countries. Let’s when the world gets a reset, it will be fun when managers spread all over and all these countries, old and new fight to be competitive hehehehe

September 13, 2011 14:31

803 posts(s)

@Berhan
I also gave many teams some easy points :D My team played almost every match possible, so some of them I had to use B and C squad :D The fight was good thou, this season it will be even harder I think, besides you and me there’s some new contesters as Cardiff and Fulham with full renewed teams now finishing their improvement, my time is coming to an end :)

About the European competitions I think we should make it as real life alike as possible so only one group stage, besides, the number of matches for 2 group stages would be enormous. Agree with the 3rd CL group position going to Europa league.

About the reset it should be preceded by a greater advertising to the game, a fresh start would be good for new comers but we must tell them to come, right now the number of managers we have if we divide them for this number of countries there would be like only 4 or 5 human managed teams for country, not the best for game enjoyment. Telling the managers that left the game (if you still have their email) about the reset also could bring many of them back to the game…

September 13, 2011 14:50

340 posts(s)

@Filipe, B and C squad.. hehehe,
Man, people have let you dominate for too long, if only 3-4 more teams would not let you win too easy, then we would have seen another thing or two, but prepare to step down this season, your days are numbered champ!! :)

Very exciting with the new teams, it would be too easy to take a team in a new country and dominate there, like many other managers you can see in countries with 1-3 human player managers. Not much challenge in that in my opinion if the only thing you trying to achieve is finals in champions league, but all are free to enjoy different things in life of course.

BK

September 13, 2011 16:06

299 posts(s)

Ah what’s this Manchester??? Ah yes, someone has to collect 2nd place behind the mighty little Cardiff :D

!!!!

September 13, 2011 17:25

24 posts(s)

Hey,

I changed to a new country, nowadays I’m still alone in Denmark (I think).

But is not so easy as you say. My previous team (Celta, Spanish second division) is trully better than my new team, Lyngby in Danish SAS Ligaen. Maybe I finish at top of the league, but even is probably I do not, because I’m low experienced and my daily real time to stay here is very limited. But it would be nice to perform a team since the beginning, and to have the chance to go out as visitors without being defeated heavily once and once, hehe.

And changing to a great team by other manager is not a choice, I don’t want only titles and being in Champions. Nice, sure. But if a Spanish second division team is really superior to Danish teams (and the other new countries), I doubt that I had a chance to enter in group stage. So, that’s not an answer, dude, :)

September 13, 2011 19:07

639 posts(s)

Donator

Well, the advantage you have is that you can play with youngsters and still compete in your league.

Also, Galatasaray has made the final in the champions league before. So being in an weak country doesn’t mean you can’t compete internationally.

September 13, 2011 23:16

51 posts(s)

You guys are talking about a reset. Do we know aproximatly when and why?

September 14, 2011 03:40

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Too many unanswered questions :-)
First things first:

Q: How does the Champions League and Europe League work now? I see there’s an extra qualification round?
A: There’s no extra qualification round, we just needed room for the round of 16…oh, didn’t I mention European competitions now have 8 groups instead of 4? :-D

Q: Perhaps the #3 in the (CL) group stage could go to the EL?
A: Trying to reflect real life where some CL teams go to EL is interesting, but I have some other plans to make international competitions even more interesting. I won’t tell you what it is just yet, it will take AT LEAST 1 more season to implement

Q: You guys are talking about a reset. Do we know aproximatly when and why?
A: We don’t have any formal plans of a reset yet, I just mentioned it cause depending on how we change the player development system it could be worth resetting the dimensions. The idea is to postpone the reset until we have enough changes to justify it.

I’m really happy that you guys enjoyed the new countries, it took me a lot of time to put everything together. Before anyone complains I should be using my time to improve other areas of the game I must say I only spend time gathering data for new countries when I’m in a place or using a computer where I don’t have access to my development environment, so it’s either new countries data or surfing the internet :-)

September 15, 2011 18:04

24 posts(s)

Dimitri, maybe you’re right in the youngers issue, but in my case I like Danish teams. I have good memmories of Odense, Kobenhavn, Aalborg, Arhus, Lyngby… good matches memmories. And Lyngby has a viking as team logo :D

You see me as a fugitive because of this change, but I see it as a chance to create a team from the beginning and to learn this game system in an easier way. For me, my last team required a higher level as manager from me. I don’t know if I’m explaing correctly, but obviously it’s easier to create team and manage in this new Denmark than in other leagues.

And, maybe, I hadnot so will to go to Greece or Turkey because… because yes. Simply I preferred to go to viking lands hehehe

Forums FastTicker