Forums FastTicker

Cl format

Subscribe to Cl format 7 post(s), 5 voice(s)

June 22, 2011 19:33

241 posts(s)

This season in CL i am playing first 3 games all away which i think is bullshit.

The group can be decided before i even can use home advantage considering teams fielding reserves when they dont need to win last couple of rounds which makes it unfair…i think a team should have one home game atleast before 4th round .. what do you think?

June 22, 2011 22:41

803 posts(s)

That and the group selection must be perfected, this past few seasons our teams always met at the group stage and always in the killer group, this season I consider we are 4 of the main candidates in one group… I cant believe the game consider any of this teams weaker than any other in the competition…

June 22, 2011 23:13

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, I know, groups on international cups have been disappointing recently. The problem amacb mentioned happens because we use the same formula to create league matches and group matches, but this formula is clearly not good for such a small number of teams. Now what Filipe said can be easily fixed when we have 8 groups. Not that it can’t be fixed right now, it’s just that with 8 groups it would be much easier to update our code to make groups more interesting or random. I’ve been promising to add more countries for a while now, shame on me! It’s hard to prioritize when you have so many important aspects of the game to consider :-)

June 23, 2011 07:28

637 posts(s)

Why don’t you add a similar ranking for teams for international competitions like you have for countries? You take the points a team earned in the international competitions in the past seasons and let them influence your formula. Let’s say 50% (like it is now) and 50% (individual team points).
This way teams like Man Utd or Galatasaray who normally play 2nd round (and earned more points that way) will be seen as more important by the system. They won’t be the 3th team in the group?

You can still use my suggestion when you make the step to 8 groupes.

June 23, 2011 09:29

828 posts(s)

lol

June 25, 2011 09:41

241 posts(s)

Interesting now before last round every one has a chance to qualify, man united has to win for me to have a chance, good stuff cmon filipe !

June 25, 2011 10:15

803 posts(s)

I also need to win to be sure I make it… Those two first matches killed me, a simple change of tactics and the difference is huge… Thanks Dhimiter for the heads up :D

Forums FastTicker