Forums FastTicker

Old Soccersim managers

Subscribe to Old Soccersim managers 22 post(s), 20 voice(s)

May 30, 2011 12:18

13 posts(s)

Hi guys, was pointed in the direction of this site by Rod Olsen, seems to have made giant strides since it was started…

Just wondering if there are many other old Soccersim managers currently playing the game..

If so.

How are you?

What game world are you in?

Any tips on playing this game?

And has anyone seen Pete Waddell or Rob Green :-)

GA

May 30, 2011 13:13

803 posts(s)

Hello Gandre, many old players from SS are still around. I started to play managersim in Kavala (greece) a few months before it ended but it was enough to start a vice that bring me to RS and does not let me leave yet :D

Good luck with Ipswich, hope to fight you in a few seasons :D

May 30, 2011 15:32

639 posts(s)

Donator

I also played Soccersim, though I don’t remember anymore which teams I managed.

Rubysoccer is a lot like Soccersim, but there are differences. You’ll find out if you read the help and the announcements in the forum.

May 30, 2011 18:21

609 posts(s)

im from the team Lorient in SS, welcome to RS :)

May 30, 2011 21:14

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I managed Braintree Town in ChallengeTwo, ManagerSim shut down during my first season in the Premiership :-(
On FullTest I managed some team from Belgium I think…
Welcome!

May 30, 2011 21:23

13 posts(s)

Ah superb, a few names I remember here, I also did a newspaper called the Dugout…spent hours playing Soccersim / managersim and made many friends

GA

May 31, 2011 00:15

65 posts(s)

Ah yeah good old Soccersim, i miss that game :( Anyway i used to manage Liverpool and Ac Milan in the game and did quite well too :)

May 31, 2011 01:01

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I used to manage the worse teams there :)

May 31, 2011 09:23

678 posts(s)

Finally a chance to brag :)

I managed Middlesbrough in Eurotest. I did this for a real life period of about 4 years. When it shut down I was the #1 ranking manager in the game. I believe Rui Antunes was #2, he currently manages Valladolid in this game. My greates achivement was that I was obsessed with money management. One of the final years I lost the CL final again (from Rui antunes), I had a wage bill of 178k :). I earned 100 million each season :)

May 31, 2011 10:50

42 posts(s)

Donator

I managed Istres in Eurotest for 2 years. Only one time in L1 :)))

May 31, 2011 22:26

19 posts(s)

I managed FC Den Bosch in the Fulltest. Good times of fun in SS…

June 01, 2011 21:33

296 posts(s)

I managed Olympiakos in Greece, again it was the slower world because i cant keep up with the fast ticks. Same with Ruby :D

June 02, 2011 14:03

23 posts(s)

I was Verona’s manager in SSim. Maybe you also remember the giant fights i haved in the foruns :) and the famouse sentence ‘take the pills’ (not you mate :-) ).
Here i manage Gama.

June 02, 2011 16:31

637 posts(s)

I managed Lyon in eurotest and a scottish team in another dimension. When I finally had build a good team Soccersim stopped.

June 03, 2011 08:22

56 posts(s)

Hi and wellcome!

I managed (like always) Recreativo de Huelva in two different dimensions (but I don’t remenber what).

June 11, 2011 18:53

7 posts(s)

Hello, I use to play SS too. I started in Malta (don’t remember the name of the team). I also play in Turkey and Belgium, but far from the perfomance in Malta (I don’t remember well, but I think i has champion in one season, and enter in the first round of champions league.

June 11, 2011 20:26

51 posts(s)

i managed Chesterfield in one of the games but cant remember which one. :)

June 12, 2011 05:43

123 posts(s)

I played soccersim, almost from the begining. I was the bad guy that many times was fire for bad words. Now i,m almost 52, and need some rest….. But i,m loving RS…Hoppe all you enjoy too….

June 12, 2011 15:58

678 posts(s)

I recall you getting fired for cheating :) not bad words :)

June 12, 2011 22:25

31 posts(s)

Graham, how the heck are ya!! Henry Medeiros at your service. Wasn’t that great at SS and not so good here. We can battle for bottom spot if you’d like!!

December 28, 2011 18:34

7 posts(s)

OMG, so this is were all the old guard from the SoccerSim is :-). Some good old names are around :-). Honestly, I thought I’ll never see you guyd around :-). And from other topics I see my good old buddy Berhan is also around :). I managed whole bunch of team in SoccerSim between various games – Stockport County (from thrid league all the way to the championship), Venezia, Vicenza, Sambenedettese, Perugia. But I was also pretty active in the forums as well, so I hope some of you remember me. Great, now if I can only get to be able to apply for a job (already reported it in the Bugs)…

August 21, 2015 13:27

8 posts(s)

Used to be Ternana’s Manager. AAAahhhhhh those days…

Forums FastTicker