Forums FastTicker

Teams waiting for great managers

Subscribe to Teams waiting for great managers 41 post(s), 7 voice(s)

April 27, 2011 10:20

803 posts(s)

Two nice teams to manage in EPL, Watford and West Ham. Both of them have a great and young keeper and thats half work done to have a great team IMO, an opportunity to be fighting for what I believe will be one of the most competitive leagues in a few seasons, many great managers starting new teams now so if you want a new challenge it is here :D

April 28, 2011 10:40

678 posts(s)

Why go there, when you can build your own french team with acadamy players? France is #1 RANKING country in this game world and isn’t moving from that spot anytime soon. We are always contenders with 4 teams for a CL title and the EL has been in french hands for the past 10 SEASONS!

Are you looking for a challange? Do you like messing around with tactics to find that one edge? Look no further and sign up for any free team in france! You are garanteed to get the best players in the game possible from your own youth acadamy. Combine this with the fact france is the hardest and strongest competition in europe and perhaps the entire game world.

ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLANGE?

May 20, 2011 10:27

803 posts(s)

Wigan Athletic is looking for a new manager. Really good team, well structed with lots of young talents to continue developing, already a title chalenger and EL candidate, make your move while you can :D

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/team_players/180

May 20, 2011 13:33

678 posts(s)

On that note I would like to challange every manager to get the LAST POSSIBLE TEAM in france league 1.

Are you sick of playing vs just cpu’s?
Do you really like a challange?

Don’t look any further and join france there last possible team “Sedan”. It will be the ONLY LEAGUE in this game without a single CPU team opponent.

I hope to be playing you soon!

May 20, 2011 14:01

803 posts(s)

You spamer :P People wont read my posts if you keep posting right after me…

May 22, 2011 08:30

678 posts(s)

No shit sherlock, why do you think I’m doing it? :). Who would want to join your low ranking league if they could join the best league in the game?

May 22, 2011 10:19

803 posts(s)

Thats exactly why people should join England, seeing a country raise in the ranking because of our performance or building up a strong team without having great youths makes it much more interesting :D

May 24, 2011 07:32

678 posts(s)

why would they? That’s hard work….and you don’t know if you can do it. In france…THE WORK IS DONE! Just sit back and enjoy the ride of the #1 tanking.

Who are you kidding here Filipe. France atm just has a strong backbone of managers, and we aren’t giving up that #1 spot any time soon :)

May 24, 2011 10:51

803 posts(s)

Well you said it all, if people like to sit back and enjoy the work of other people they should join France, no doubt. If on the other hand you like a challenge and hard work join a smaller country, one with new teams rising, where you can contribute for the country growth…

Cheers

May 24, 2011 12:09

301 posts(s)

I used to play in netherlands back in managersim/soccersim days. i did find it enjoyable playing for smaller leagues but at the same time, i feel the amount of time i had to put in the game scouting and developing was a lot higher. right now scouting is low priority for me, therefore i play in france so i can avoid scouting and all…

May 24, 2011 12:21

299 posts(s)

As a matter of fact the hardest work for a young manager is in France and not England. For the sheer fact that England has 6-7 top clubs-managers that would make your life a living hell every season. Of course, that’s an ideal environment for every proven manager who wants competition, but not for newcomers who would end up being slaughtered.
England, despite the already respectable number of managers, lacks such competition, hence, every newbie out there with some skill can progress pretty quickly. England is, in a matter of speaking, a fresh market to explore and succeed. And the fact that the country has improved steadily in the last decade shows that the future is bright.
Come to England boys and girls!!!

May 24, 2011 17:30

639 posts(s)

Donator

Actually The Netherlands is a very interesting league right now. Especially for managers who like young upcoming players.

A few examples,

• Almere, the number one of the Eerste Divisie. Their squad has 22 (twenty two!) 18-year olds. If they’re already strong enough to win most of their games now, how strong will they be in 7 seasons from now?
  • Den Bosch. The four 19-year olds have 80, 78, 77 and 75 average. The five 18-year olds 77, 74, 73, 72 and 72. And there’s a lot of 17-year olds with 70/71 average. (I’m the manager now, but I will gladly resign if someone wants to take over).

And there’s ADO, AZ, Zwolle, MVV and many others, all teams with mainly juniors.

The job if a new manager would be to develop the young players by letting them play a lot of games. Optional is to scout from time to time to add some new juniors to the list, but most of the scouting has been done for you already.

If you think that seeing your team/players become stronger is one of the main charms of Soccersim, come to The Netherlands!

May 24, 2011 17:50

301 posts(s)

exactly dimitri, it comes down to personal preference. what’s important to know is that there’s all kinds of leagues available for all styles of play.

on my part, i do little scounting but i still enjoy developing players so i develop mostly players from my youth academy (not as good as tigre though :P )
the trick to ruby is to keep yourself entertained. make new friendships and develop rivalries. most of my rivalries are within france. i have 2-3 close friends who play in france and those are the teams i HATE losing to + another few managers i regularly interact with to complain about losses :)

May 26, 2011 17:08

639 posts(s)

Donator

Den Bosch is free now. What can you find there?

Jean Pruvost, 19yr, 80 av
Mailson Penteado and Ricardo Mota, 19 yr, 78 av
Caim Passos, 18 yr, 77 av
Braga, Dejean, Galy, Pacheco, Magalhães and Langlois, 17 yr, 71 av

and many more talented players.

Who wants to develop them and make a great team?

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/team_players/660

May 30, 2011 10:59

639 posts(s)

Donator

Almere has a manager now, Den Bosch is still free.

Another interesting team is ADO Den Haag, second in the Eerste Divisie. The average age of their first team is 20 years! How strong will they be in five years time?

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/team_players/647

June 13, 2011 21:15

803 posts(s)

Great team Leicester City without manager again. They still have many players from the great work of Matt McLellan and is already a team to challenge the main spots in the league…

Take a look:

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/team_info/201

June 13, 2011 21:23

609 posts(s)

Isn’t this all just proof and a cry for better CPU teams?

June 14, 2011 11:06

803 posts(s)

This topic intentions are to advertise teams or leagues for managers to check them. I dont think it is worth to try improve the cpu managed teams rather than tring to bring more managers to the game… We must hope in a near future most of the leagues will have only human managers so there wont be reasons to invest in more intelligent cpu teams…

IMO the investment must be in advertising the game, not only by the admins but mostly by us players telling our friends, in the social networks, etc… Also there must be more improvements on cheating prevent, more managers means more cheaters and If we can’t deal with the ones we have now it will be impossible then. Online games must have zero tolerance for cheaters or it will be impossible to get people’s trust…

June 15, 2011 00:16

828 posts(s)

cant bring managers to a game that is so flawed like this one is, financial income, transfer market, bullshit results ect ect ect i have one of hte biggest stadiums in the game. yet i get f-all for income, the game is flawed in so many areas

June 15, 2011 08:21

639 posts(s)

Donator

The game is a bit flawed yes, though not because of the things you said. But if a manager pays much too high wages, the board should do something about it.

June 15, 2011 09:06

828 posts(s)

umm the board doesnt allow me to fire shit players that dont play for my team and are out on loan, and yes it is flawed for everyreason i have said, proof being the utter pile of shit that i was given in youth

June 15, 2011 09:44

639 posts(s)

Donator

And other managers in your league (paying much less on player salaries) don’t have that problem?

June 15, 2011 09:57

828 posts(s)

when a player wont accept a wage i give in an offer…and im talking a reasonable fair wage, they refuse for like 10 ticks then i just say f it. the game is hugely flawed

June 15, 2011 11:46

639 posts(s)

Donator

So the game is flawed for you, but not for the other managers in your league (who don’t have to pay such a high wages). Must be tough!

June 15, 2011 12:37

609 posts(s)

Why do you even play when you think the game is so broken?

June 15, 2011 19:17

828 posts(s)

because at one point this game was fun. and with the lack of attention its becoming not

June 18, 2011 08:23

803 posts(s)

Back to the topic… Leicester City is now 4th in EPL without a manager… Imagine what you could acomplish there…

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/team_players/201

June 20, 2011 07:56

678 posts(s)

I think that team went Bankrupt. You can see this, because the 1st thing the cpu did after the manager got fired is put coaching to level 0.

Goodluck fixing this team with 0 money. Now in france this wouldn’t be a problem? The #1 ranking spot will give you tons of good youth. Pfff…..who needs money when they can just train there own player! Nothing more fun then that! Check out Le Havre or Angers. Both teams have about 10 french players who are 22 or younger. Some future potential stars are among them. This will give you a nice jump start on good overall players, without you having to do any scouting or what so ever!

Come enjoy the awesomeness of a #1 ranking country and feel the joy of training your OWN superstars just like Tigre :)

June 25, 2011 11:11

803 posts(s)

Leicester keeps giving a hell of a fight for the CL spot and everything points they will really get an UEFA spot this season without a manager. I don’t believe the team is ruined and the manager was not fired because of that, he was inactive for more than 7 days, the team has a great stadium and lots of players to sell, a fighting team for a fighting manager in a rising country, in France you can have good youths but you also will find some 10 to 15 fully grown teams which will make your life a living hell, in England there’s only one and most of their greatest players will retire soon :D All other teams are rising now and you can be rising with them with a fair fight chance.

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/team_info/201

July 02, 2011 12:32

803 posts(s)

Great historic team Arsenal needs a good manager. With many great players you can chose either to be fighting for all competitions or make some money and develop a great team for the future. Either way it is the best team to do that now in England and the only team in EPL without manager for next season…

There’s also the real life comparing thing, managing a team with the history the real Arsenal has its always diferent, I know that from managing ManUtd so you can believe motivation will always be there…

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/team_info/161

Forums FastTicker