Forums FastTicker

tigre players

Subscribe to tigre players 14 post(s), 8 voice(s)

January 21, 2011 00:01

241 posts(s)

Can somebody explain me how this guy can have 4 solid 100 skills at the age of 38?

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/92231

I manage Argentinian national team i see old players keep improving with blue colors playing or has played for tigre… i have been observing this for a while and decided to post at last. Not pointing to finger to anybody but something is not right.

Cheers

January 21, 2011 01:08

2 posts(s)

wow, really is something to consider … as I admit have also realized this, it’s amazing how players after going to Tigre they evolve quickly and voluminous.

January 21, 2011 07:54

637 posts(s)

I guess you’re also talking about Diaz. When I bought him a season ago he was 641, now he just improved to a solid 680. It’s just amazing!

The other Tigre player I bought is Virginio Costa. He improved from 628 to 675 but is decreasing skills now.

January 21, 2011 11:15

803 posts(s)

I’ve seen that too in Argentina, Gustavo Klimowicz became some kind of superhero about 3 seasons ago… Maybe we are being unfair but it sure looks strange how mostly every player that passes there become world best.

January 21, 2011 11:38

241 posts(s)

Yes guys all players you have mentioned has been improving plus more…looks like sky is the limit for potential growth when it comes to this team.

January 21, 2011 15:23

678 posts(s)

This topic was already adressed by Dhimiter Gjodede. He pointed out that the succes rate of Tigre was 60+%. So more then half of ALL the players he bought became stars. Not just stars….but “The best in the game” in there position.

This manager is the cousin of Danillo. According to Danillo (the god of rubysoccer :P) the only advantage of Tigre was that instead of reading the ins and outs about Ruby on the forum he got them directly from him.

January 21, 2011 16:22

241 posts(s)

I remember a topic like that, but maybe there is more to it than “knowing the ins and outs” . I repeat my first question. read the following from developers and then look at this retiring guy skills.

“Every 12 turns an old player may lose 1 point in a particular skill, the older the player the higher the chance of losing the point. The odds are 10% * (player age – 30), so a 31 years old players has 10% of chance of losing 1 point every 12 turns, a 35 years old has 50%, a 40 years old has 100%. "

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/92231

January 21, 2011 18:19

299 posts(s)

I think what amacb is saying needs serious addressing here. If players at Tigre keep improving beyond the age of 30, when it has been said without a doubt that growth stops at 30 no matter what, then there’s smth wrong going one way or another.
This whole Tigre story has gone on far too long, the reason being, IMO, that the team plays in South America. If the equivalent of Tigre would have happened in Europe, ppl would have been more aware.

January 23, 2011 13:22

678 posts(s)

Let Danillo reply to this topic and try and shed some light on this matter. Or perhaps Gabriel can say some things. I must admit, I’ve been amazed at his “finding skills” aswell. I always felt I had a good grasp of “what to look for”, but Tigre makes me feel I’m still playing in the amateurs division, while he’s playing with the pro’s :)

January 23, 2011 14:12

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

This whole “what’s going on with Tigre and its players” thing must stop. In rubysoccer, there are no privileges or privileged information: everything Alessandro knows was also explained here in the forum. No team has special logic or treatment – not only because this kind of thing does not interest us, but also bc it would be a pain in the ass to create, in the code, such singular exceptions to the rules. Alessandro’s success is purely due to his dedication to the game, and I am pretty sure you can find everything he knows regarding evolution/skills here in the forum. Or just try asking him, that’s why we have a community and an internal mail system… He really took his time to understand how things work and he is always visiting rubysoccer to manage his team or just to browse the stuff.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but this is the last time I will waste my time to come here to “explain” that. This chapter is closed, at least for me.

January 23, 2011 14:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

And by the way Sly, Alessandro is my cousin’s cousin. If you know what I mean. :D

January 23, 2011 22:08

241 posts(s)

Well Danilo i wish before closing the case you could kindly give an answer to my question about this particular player Richard Coleman.

I read the forums and am active in the game also and i am asking this simple question based on the facts given by you guys about players loosing skills after 30.

If you are saying there is no bug and its normal for a 38 year old player retire with four 100 and one 99 skill i have have nothing else to say and i guess i have to go back to school for math lessons particularly about probability.

Regards

January 28, 2011 08:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

amacb, the skill depreciation is a statistical algorigthm and, therefore, things like that CAN happen.

regards

January 30, 2011 23:41

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hello guys! I’ve just confirmed in our database that all players aged 31 or more are set not to improve anymore. Regarding the player with 100 skills at 38 it is perfectly possible as Danilo pointed out, but of course it is not common, as you can see. Lots of factors can lead to that, the player was lucky not to lose skills frequently and when he did it was never on those top skills.

Cheers!

Forums FastTicker