Forums FastTicker

Champions league draws

Subscribe to Champions league draws 12 post(s), 9 voice(s)

December 08, 2010 08:47

678 posts(s)

Strange draws :(. 3 french teams in 1 group and also 3 spanish teams in 1 group. That’s just unlucky….

December 08, 2010 11:55

287 posts(s)

Very strange. Champs league is now like national league :)

December 08, 2010 15:11

639 posts(s)

Donator

In the Europe League group 1 has three Dutch teams (but I think it’s a lucky draw for me).

December 08, 2010 15:44

57 posts(s)

Funny enought the last post from Gabriel mentioned that the draw algorithm was improved. Well, it’s seems that it still needs some “oilling” :).
Can’t complained though… end up in the group that has the only computer team. Maybe i can win a couple of matchs. All the rest are what i call “rubysoccer sharks”.

December 08, 2010 16:47

301 posts(s)

actually i find that the past couple of seasons the draws were fairly equal.

with this new “improvement” however: can’t say i agree with… :P

December 08, 2010 18:17

637 posts(s)

The “improvement” can be better. 4 teams of the same league in a group :p

@ Charles: The previous draws were faily equal indeed. This season I see many teams of the same country in the same group.

December 08, 2010 18:31

678 posts(s)

Draws are not based on country, but strength. I guess that’s what made it like this, but it is suppose to be a decent spread of strong vs “less strong”

December 14, 2010 09:12

678 posts(s)

Argh, not to be negative about Galatasaray. He’s done a nice job getting past the french teams, but I think I should adres this. The sucky game engine strikes again:

Bordeaux 1 × 4 Galatasaray
4-3-3 formation 4-3-3
58% possession 42%
29 shots 11
24 shots on target 9
86% accurrate passes 83%
69% effective tackles 61%
6 corners 0
2 offsides 5
5 fouls 6

Now, I’m sorry, but in my eyes it looks like Bordeaux should have won that match and that would be brought Bordeaux+marseille to the quater finals :(. There go’s our 1st spot in the Country ranking :(

December 14, 2010 11:50

241 posts(s)

Hey , i have been playing this game for a long time and believe me i had my share of bad results, nice to have some going on my way.

Cheers,

December 14, 2010 19:51

637 posts(s)

@Amacb: Off course everyone had some weird results already,also you, the only thing that bothers me is it happens in a crucial match. You can’t help it you were lucky either. With this luck you’ll win the CL final this season. ;)

December 14, 2010 20:51

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

About the group improvement, I had to remove it for group draws because it caused problems one or two season ago in FastTicker. I’ll wait until we have 8 groups to put it back because with 8 groups it is always possible to prevent teams from the same country to be in the same group. I know in Europe it is already possible, but in South America the two top countries get 5 spots forcing at least one group to have 2 teams from the same country if all 5 reach the group stage. Two is better than three and I designed the improvement taking this into consideration…at least I thought I did :-)

Anyway, sorry for that but we’ll have to live with it for now ;-)

December 14, 2010 23:11

120 posts(s)

Donator

It´s bad, we all know………..

crucial timE!!!!!!!!!!! juas,,,,,,,, it hapen to GETA in FT and VILLA in MT, in CL final, semifinal, quarters…. and more than once……. i only complain about a match, because it looks much worst than the one you talking……

some how its always a big deal when it happen to the french teams……..

I wish you complain about the winning one´s when not deserved…..(GETA won many like that too)……

cheers
SALU2

Forums FastTicker