Forums FastTicker

The French "Monster"

Subscribe to The French "Monster" 29 post(s), 10 voice(s)

November 20, 2010 10:14

678 posts(s)

I noticed a post in here about spain finally being ranked #1 in this game. I have a feeling france is in a good position to challange spain for the #1 spot.

All the french teams made it to the next round in CL and EL. That on it’s self is a very nice achievement. Keep up the good work boys! Now let’s hope some teams can make it to the semi finals.

GOODLUCK! and see you all next season :)

Regards,
Sylvain ‘Sly’ Dingenouts

November 25, 2010 14:16

803 posts(s)

Amazing collective performance indeed, I don’t remember any country ever collect 100k points. First spot on sight next season or the season after and I don’t believe after this performance any country can challenge the “Monster” the next five or so seasons eheh

So strange to see the “main candidates” out of CL so soon too, my bet is they weren’t counting on this French wave :D

November 25, 2010 16:15

678 posts(s)

Not to mention I hope to be back in action next season aswell. My little Brest is coming around and spawning some stars here and there. Not yet CL winning stuff, but I think if all go’s well I could be a decent contender atleast.

November 26, 2010 18:54

42 posts(s)

Donator

Congrats to François, who win the club world cup, CL and french championship…

November 26, 2010 22:24

241 posts(s)

Bring it on Sly !! we kicked some french butt this year..pardon my french!… however got trashed in the cl final…..congrats to François and others you guys are doing a great job…looking forward to play you in the future…À votre santé

November 27, 2010 11:16

678 posts(s)

Correct, you did knockout 2 out of 4. Although penalties had to save you vs Auxerre :), but non less, still an impressive result with your turkish team. See you in season 48 perhaps :)

November 27, 2010 14:57

116 posts(s)

François take CL in the fast and Libertadores in the Medium..

Magnifiqué!

November 27, 2010 17:00

637 posts(s)

Congrats François! Well deserved win. And Amac nicely done with Gala!

November 28, 2010 22:01

609 posts(s)

time to pick up where we left……..hi!

February 04, 2011 12:14

42 posts(s)

Donator

wow, another nice season…

CL and EL finals are 100% french, well done guys !

February 04, 2011 14:13

803 posts(s)

Yeah, you are proving it wasn’t just the demoniac season 46 :D Meanwhile there’s a new country coming back from the shadows, England will jump 3 places in the ranking next season and something tells me we wont stop for there :D Just hope to help much more next season, meeting the 13 times winner of the competition in the qualification can’t happen again so soon :D

February 04, 2011 18:17

678 posts(s)

Yeah Filipe, shit happens :). The current EL finalists did not secure a spot for EL for next season thought. That’s sad to see. I hope the “new” EL qualifiers will do well next season.

February 04, 2011 18:22

299 posts(s)

Congrats to France.
A bit sad I lost to Fran, it could have gone either way that semi, but oh well, next season it is.

@Filipe

Yeah, I know of a goalie who can help you. He already has a legendary name, alas, not in sports :D
Next season will be fun. I promise to give you a fight in all three competitions next season.
ENGLAND FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!

March 01, 2011 09:29

678 posts(s)

It wasn’t such a great season as before, but I believe france did a nice job again. For the 2nd year in a row we had an all french EL final. Perhaps we need to rename that Europa league to the French league. It’s been in french hands for the past 7 seasons. That’s pretty impressive.

I need to congratulate Rui Antunes with Valladolid. I couldn’t bring the CL title home to france. Non the less, I’m proud of my little Brest. I don’t think many expected I would make it there when looking at my team.

I’m counting on a rematch with Rui Antunes next season :)

Kind regards,
Sylvain Dingenouts

August 17, 2011 12:55

42 posts(s)

Donator

Congrats guys, CL final is 100% french (with Brest in EL).
French monster is still alive !

August 17, 2011 16:19

678 posts(s)

Yeah france has been #1 for about 8 or 9 seasons now. Think the difference is that french teams have always been active and keep on refreshing there teams. If one drops another team stands up again. This year Monaco was the new guy who did well in CL. Last season it was Rennes who suddenly made it to the semi finals. There is always alot of team around to do well. Besides the common teams it’s also 2-3 new teams who always stand up :)

I don’t see france losing that #1 spot any time soon :)

August 17, 2011 18:01

609 posts(s)

Semi final here last year in CL :) Next season france only CL final? :D

August 18, 2011 11:01

803 posts(s)

No doubt the monster is still alive, as Sly said the high number of good managers has no equal in any country but it seems to me that on France managers care more about country ranking than their own success… We see every season teams with great european performances that end up in the latest positions of the league, that I think is the most important factor, in other countries teams always fight blindly for every competition…

August 18, 2011 11:25

678 posts(s)

I don’t agree with you here. You will always see the same teams around. One might have a bad year for whatever reason, but they are still fighting for all prices. You just can’t win the league+CL in france that easy. So you’ll have the core teams that are always around like marseille, bordeaux, auxerre, grenoble and i guess my team brest. Now you have the new faces who are around like Reims, Monaco. Then there is also Vallenciennes and Dijon. Team are improving and changing, so you’ll always see switches in league endings, but non the less…. you’ll still see the same core teams. Just now and then they don’t always get that CL spot.

Don’t forget it’s a huge advantage over the competition to have no international obligations. So the new teams that are up and coming can focus fully on the league and it shows. Like this year with Reims and probebly me with Brest next season. The power lies in the depth of the league. One has a bad year, there is always another to pick up the slack.

So offcourse french teams care about own succes :). I think all want to win CL and/or El when they are in it :).

I guess for you as an “outsider” some things look strange. Like me winning El and ending so low in the league. I was on vacation and preset my matches, but I guess it wasn’t enough :(. I was so far behind when I came back. Couldn’t correct it. Your other example might be Reims last season. making it to cl semi’s and ending 8th. Let me tell you, he was was in 4th position with 1 match remaining, but because it was all so close he ended 8th after losing the last match of the season.

August 18, 2011 12:01

301 posts(s)

I might seem bias as i manage a french team, but Sly is right. The competition in france is just so tough that its really difficult to compete in all leagues at the same time. Only way to do it in france would be to drop all friendlies and not bother growing players and having a roster full of 86-87+ average players.

Up until about 10 seasons ago, i would say finishing top 7 in france was easy breezy, but i am finding it more and more difficult to play in international games and remaining competitive in french league standings without adding extra depth to my team.

That’s what I had to do last year/early this season. I realized I had my hands full and was able to purchase some players who really helped me get to where I am in the CL and still stay competitive in our league.

Congrats to all teams involved in CL and EL. Those competitions are never easy, managing this + the league is definitely a challenge. One that probably won’t change anytime soon.

August 18, 2011 15:45

609 posts(s)

What the 2 above said

+

Being high ranked gives a better chance of good youth, which makes the game “cheaper” ;) Look at my new 3 A’s. 2 are almost fully develloped and are pretty nice, how much would i be needed to spend on those kind of players? 100m each? I don’t have that kind of money. So i rather stay in france for now to have a better chance on better youth.

August 18, 2011 21:06

678 posts(s)

One last thing to also prove our point :). From season 49 to 57 the winner of the EPL has been you Filipe with Man U. Now, offcourse this is very impressive. In those seasons the winners of the french league has been: Bordeaux, brest, auxerre, Marseille and Reims. That’s 5 different teams in the last 8 seasons. That’s how it is with us :. It’s very hard in france to keep winning the league over and over with this amount of good managers.

August 18, 2011 23:04

803 posts(s)

England has not yet comparison with France, when I started with Manchester there was only one great team there and Dhimiter quit Liverpool leaving the league for me, this days there are many teams with title aspiration, this season I was 2nd for most of it and only get the title because I was out of CL sooner than expected, I could end like 4th in EPL and probably make a much better CL but in my eyes there would not be any managing if I didn’t try to get them all… As result of that England made the worst score since a long time now and all the work before was compromised, lets see now with Dhimiter back in the fight if we can get it right :D

October 07, 2011 17:28

28 posts(s)

Last season for France as Rank #1 ???
What happened to the so hard “Ligue1”, so many very famous managers have left: Dirk, Charles, Sylvain, François, Nicky, Martin …
Is there any reason ?

October 07, 2011 18:23

678 posts(s)

Yes there is. We talked it over among each other, and we felt it was time for a new challange. We figured we dominated europe for so long, that it was time for something new. It was my idea to go to spain. Because of the vacation bug Dirk was fired from Bordeaux. I pointed him towards Spain :). I wanted to manage a “real name” team. I saw my chance with Barcelona and I took it. The rest has slowly followed. Only Francois didn’t want to go to spain, he chose Arsenal.

I think in the future it will be Spain vs England. I am looking forward to it :)

October 09, 2011 14:14

609 posts(s)

Besides trying to win the CL & World cup and the rest with it, this is also a friend vs friend game for me :) Syl is a really good friend of mine and it’s fun to play against him and laugh at him when i win :D

October 09, 2011 17:12

678 posts(s)

luckely that doesn’t happen to often :)

October 09, 2011 18:22

28 posts(s)

Please guys, what don’t you come to Switzerland ? :))

Enjoy your trip to Spain.

October 09, 2011 18:27

609 posts(s)

I’ve visited spain this summer, the weather is just to nice!

Forums FastTicker