Forums FastTicker

Dream team

Subscribe to Dream team 13 post(s), 6 voice(s)

October 21, 2010 17:40

637 posts(s)

I looked around and picked my dream 11 and some reserves:

Goalkeepers:

• A. Palacio – Arg – Hertha Berlin
  • X.Duflot – Fra – Tigre

Defenders:

• V. Costa (RC) – Bra – Bordeaux – overall 667
  • R. Salgado (RC) – Bra – Tigre – overall 666
  • J. Jardim® – Bra – Tigre – overall 646
  • E. Novoa (LR) – Spa – Rio Ave – overall 636
  • F Sampaio © – Por – Maritimo – overall 636

Midfielders:

• R. Coleman © – Eng – Tigre – overall 675
  • B. Ferreira © – Bra – Tigre – overall 650
  • M. Lago® – Bra – Hertha Berlin – overall 649
  • S. Jones (LC) – Eng – Tigre – overall 648
  • W. Bandeira (LC) – Bra – R.S. de Gijon – overall 645
  • N. Branco (RC) – Bra – Tigre – overall 638

Strikers:

• M. Brimming © – Eng – Tigre – overall 663
  • Ch. Craggs © – Eng – R.S. de Gijon – overall 654
  • H. Amado (RC) – Bra – R.S. de Gijon – overall 649
  • D. Carmona © – Bra – Liverpool – overall 643

I hope I didn’t overlook a superstar for the dream team.

October 21, 2010 23:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Wow, 8 players from Tigre! No wonder why they win Libertadores every season. Ch Craggs was sold by me to R.S. de Gijon when I was managing Cerro Largo…he is a hell of an attacker!

October 21, 2010 23:44

287 posts(s)

For me the most impressive is Bertha´s goalkeeper

October 22, 2010 00:20

299 posts(s)

Costa and Lago were also Tigre players sold to Bordeaux and Hertha. SO it is 10 players coming from that team.

October 23, 2010 11:43

637 posts(s)

I should have called it “Tigre’s team” :D It must be a talent to create such a team. Can’t be luck anymore.

Btw. Virginio Costa has increased to 668 overal. Haven’t checked the other players anymore.

October 23, 2010 12:02

803 posts(s)

You probably don’t know, but Alessandro Figueira is in fact Arsene Wenger, he just want us to think we have a chance :D

Don’t know how he does it but I sure would like to, most of that players have a low starting value even for the season they start their career…

October 23, 2010 16:25

299 posts(s)

it’s also striking IMO that four of those players actually come from England, considering that England, at least since the “birth” of these players has not been ranked higher than 6th or 7th

October 23, 2010 17:21

637 posts(s)

I think that most players have the potential to become a topplayer when they play all league games since their “birth”. Most of us let them play friendlies what give them less improvement points and won’t give them their total improvement in youth academy (where they improve more then afterwards if I’m not wrong).
IMO if you get a team in a competition with already good youths, get all your players from your own youth academy and let them play every league match you will get a pretty good team after a couple of seasons.

So these english players come from English teams that were not managed by a top manager. So they had the chance to improve maximal. This would also explain there low starting value. Jones even has a starting value of 97000 which is extremely low.

The only thing I can’t fit in is the 140 points improvement. Coleman has an overall score of 675 which make 435 at his “birth”. Would this only give a staring value of 116000?

October 23, 2010 19:13

803 posts(s)

I think even if a player dos not develop all he could in the youth academy he still can develop that later , but now you said that I’m not sure… We need Gabriel to clear all again :D

October 23, 2010 21:32

299 posts(s)

Filipe is right, a youth in academy simply improves 2x faster than out of academy (again Gabriel needs to confirm this), but the overall growth pts is set from his ‘birth’ so in the long run it doesn’t impact the player’s growth.
Players like those at Tigre or Palacio % Craggs are all extremes, rarities in the above 140 average pts growth benchmark. Ironically, Palacio is released from Tigre’s academy :D

One more thing.
Since season 31, Tigre has made only 19 buys between FT and FA. Of those 12 have become some sort of superstar (including LAgos and Costa). One is 26 and might still grow, so the jury is still on him at this point. And 6 have been resold without much success of growth (not including Lagos and Costa).
Now, that’s a 67% success in picking not the guy who makes it, but the guy who shakes it.

That is truly amazing. Kudos to him

October 24, 2010 08:24

678 posts(s)

Personally I think gabriel shouldn’t clear anything up. Some things are best remained a secret. It makes the game slightly more unpredictable. It was one of the great features of Managersim back in the day. Nobody actually knew 100% how youth worked. In there a player could start growing because he joined a big club.

October 24, 2010 22:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I will go with Sly and don’t reveal things anymore…but you guys already got the general idea ;-)

October 26, 2010 13:47

637 posts(s)

Looks like I missed a Tigre striker for my dream 11.
M.Motta © – Ita – Tigre – overall 657

This brings the number of Tigre players in my dream 11 to a total of 7 (and 9 if you count Lago and Costa who also played for Tigre).

Forums FastTicker