Forums FastTicker

Champions League

Subscribe to Champions League 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

September 14, 2010 16:22

6 posts(s)

My team faces Liverpool in the pre-groups of the Champions League.
why Liverpool is not automatically qualified for the group stage and that he is the current champion of the Champions league?
I’ll be one more season out of the group stage.

=(

September 14, 2010 20:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The current draw considers the countries ranking position when selecting teams for the qualifying stage. As England is in a bad ranking position even the top team was selected.

September 15, 2010 06:54

637 posts(s)

Galante, Don’t worry. Maybe you make it into the group stage. Hercules beated Barcelona this weekend. Small teams can win from giants. There is hope for you ;)

September 15, 2010 10:25

299 posts(s)

As Dirk said, you never know until the final whistle is over.

September 15, 2010 10:48

803 posts(s)

It’s ok Liverpool being on the qualification because England’s ranking is too low, but they should be automatacly qualified because they are the CL champions of last season, it is an ensurance that the Champs can defend their title…

By the way Gabriel, have you changed the rules for the qualification draw? Strange to see teams like Liverpool or Napoli almost at the end of the second colum…

September 16, 2010 05:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes I did and that was for all cup competitions. Now all the teams in the right column (stronger) and left column (weakest) are shuffled for the draw. There are 2 reasons for that change: make it harder to guess the exact team order and make the draw less predictable.

Forums FastTicker