Forums FastTicker

Youths

Subscribe to Youths 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

April 08, 2010 17:07

42 posts(s)

After 3 seasons with Toulouse I made 2 seasons an half in Greece (winning one championship) then went for a half season in Argentina, but I finally came back to France and Toulouse a club where I invest a lot of my time and energy before.

I always pushed french players there and youths!

The result is great now : 6 players from the starting XI are from our own youth Academy!

Toulouse is not a top team in France but I want to continue and develop my project of building a good team and insert sometimes young players from the youth academy or young players I bought before.

In my starting XI I have 6 players from the own academy, 3 experienced players from other clubs and 2 players who joined the club when they were still U18.

What about you???

April 09, 2010 18:34

241 posts(s)

I myself fired/sold everyone in my club within first couple of seasons after i took my new job, started mass hiring new talent from free market, never made any transactions last three seasons and i currently have 30 devoloping players some promising some busts,anyway i ll stick with what i have now and after couple of seasons we ll see who will stay and who will be booted.

With some patience its not hard to build a decent team from zero…. good luck

April 09, 2010 22:14

42 posts(s)

Thanks! What about developping turkish players now?

April 11, 2010 09:02

299 posts(s)

I think that to develop a team from your own academy only would only work in the top 4-5 countries. In countries such as Turkey you would probably get one superstar and a few decent players in the whole country. Hence it’s not worthy.
On the other hand, from the scouting I have done, in France alone you have some 30 players who have come out in the last 3-4 seasons who could easily form two teams to play in the CL final :)
That’s why I have been hiring players heavily from France. The current squad has 11 French players, 7 Brazilians, 6 Portuguese, and 5 Spanish

That said, the youth development is perhaps my favorite feature of the game. It’s simple, but realistic. It always surprises me how only a handful of managers really make use of it.

April 12, 2010 23:19

35 posts(s)

In my personal experience, I have been manager of America-RN since season 30, at first I did not care about Youth players and all I wanted to do was Win, Win, Win, but then I realized that I managed a team in Brazil, the best ranked nation in RubySoccer, and that, meant that My youths players had an advantage over any other country, Now I am not focused so much in results but I am focused in developing Youth Players.

In 7 seasons, I have had 25 Youth players start their career in my youth Squad, out of those 15 have been fired, making it 10 players that have been given a chance to develop and play in America –RN, this does not mean that the 15 fired players did not have the skills to play, it just meant that it was not what I was looking for, good quality players were let go such as Getafe’s Jardel Lima and Roque Leite, Portsmouth’s Jessé Guimarães, among others.

The Players that have been raised from my youth system are:

Keeper
Jeferson Torres (23)

Defender
Deolindo Carmona (24)
Aluisio Noronha (17)

Midfield
Pascoal Vieira (22)
Rogério Castelo (25)
Wellington Anjos (22)
José Rodrigues (18)
Elivaldo Carvalho (19)
Ivã Gaspar (19)

Forwards
Santiago Trindade (21)
Américo Moutinho (19)
Humberto Lobo (26)
João Maciel (22)
Etevaldo Guerra (24)

With these players in a few season, at full development, this investment will pay off, I also think that development from Youth academy works and it is Fun, now every time I log in I do not care about the score of the last league game, all I look at is if there was an improvement in my players.

also, I think that Turkey does have the potential of creating great players, the problem is that the local teams do not want to spend the time in developing youths, take a look at Özavci Harun I got him from the transfer list 3 seasons ago, he was without a contract, he had low to decent stats, but now he is an above average player in comparison to all the Turkish players and he is only 20, dont be surprised if he turns out to be the best Defence player from Turkey in a near future.

April 13, 2010 05:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The problem in Turkey is that we are usually able to find decent free young players instead of raising ours. When more countries are added this is likely to change since the competition for good free players will increase and our young ones will become more interesting and useful.

Good luck with your player, let me know if you ever build up a star whose career started at Sivasspor :)

Forums FastTicker