Forums FastTicker

CL FINAL S35

Subscribe to CL FINAL  S35 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

March 03, 2010 12:32

299 posts(s)

Here we are again

Brest vs. Valladolid
Sly vs. Rui

Last time these two fellas met, Rui “stole” the trophy in penalty kicks after an under par performance during regular and extra time. Sly was left wanting with a bitter taste in his mouth. Will he get his “revenge” and, most importantly, the long sought after achievement he actually deserves??? :)
Or will Rui just get away with a bis?

PS: Congratulations to Patrick for an amazing late run in the League which sought Monaco winning the Championship crown in dramatic fashion. The shocking fall out of form from Marsielle and the earthquake in Valencieness bench cannot got without notice, but the achievement of Patrick is nevertheless astounding. Good job mate :)

March 04, 2010 01:05

117 posts(s)

Thank you for the very kind words Dhimitri!!! In all honesty, it was completely unexpected in the sense that I was confident to be able to finally re-qualify for a CL spot after a few seasons in the Europa league but I certainly did not expect Marseille to lose such form towards the end of the season. This is definitely a welcomed addition to my trophy case along side my Europa Cup win last season. Ultimately, what paved the way for the division title was you leaving for Liverpool. I’m sure that Valenciennes would’ve most probably gotten a few more wins under your management. Edit Mind you, the new manager (Thomas) did win a 3rd consecutive Europa Cup for France… Edit

Last but certainly not least, congratulations to Sylvain for finally wining the Champions League with Brest!

March 04, 2010 14:06

301 posts(s)

Congrats on Brest and Valenciennes on winning the CL and Europa championships!

Looks like you missed the boat Dhimitri :P

March 04, 2010 15:35

299 posts(s)

Ah, no worries Charles mate. I’m just on the other side of the channel ;-)

March 04, 2010 17:56

678 posts(s)

Hello everyone, this is the CL winner speaking :). Thanks to you all for those kind words. It’s nice to finally win the CL after all those seasons of being so close. Strange enough, I feel like I didn’t deserve it 100% this season. I had some games that could have gone either way. Luckely it was my time to finally shine and they went my way.

I’m very proud to see France dominate this hard. I’ve tried allong time to get france on the map. I’m happy to see we are finally on top. No more “competition is the hardest in spain”. Please……..if you people want a challange, come to france and see if you can win a league title. Which reminds me, nice win Patrick. You made Luc Blomme proud I’m sure :P

I hope my fellow french league managers will cheer me on in the Club worldcup. You to Dhimitri :). I hope you will keep a small spot open in your hart for france, and remember you were part of the revolution :P

Regards,
Sylvain ‘Sly’ Dingenouts
Brest Manager

March 05, 2010 13:30

609 posts(s)

grats syl!

to bad u didn’t take the club world cup right away ;)

Forums FastTicker