Forums FastTicker

New countries for next season?

Subscribe to New countries for next season?  37 post(s), 12 voice(s)

January 30, 2010 15:38

34 posts(s)

I would like to know if we will have new countries for next season?

• if yes : which ones?
  • if no : how could I propose myself to make it?

January 30, 2010 18:23

44 posts(s)

i think that we sould´nt have new coutries for now, at least wihle we don´t have more players. leagues like portugal, spain, brasil are competitives because they are almost completed. make new coutries to have 3 or 4 players it´s a bad choice…and will always “stole” players for the others legues, make them less competitive.

January 30, 2010 19:46

34 posts(s)

I think the need is to balance the number of teams in the continent, as I said in the previous section, we need more teams in south america with that Brazil would lose jobs and even the race for ranking points would be more interesting, another fact also With fewer places for international competitions in the country’s leaders were increasingly looking to improve their teams, which would also interesting to dispute the championships.

February 01, 2010 09:45

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think no countries for next season, I’m busy working in the match engine now. I still have data for Switzerland, Sweden and Colombia. It doesn’t mean you cannot help! I will create an official topic to make it clear how people can help with new countries.

February 01, 2010 14:46

34 posts(s)

as I said earlier most viable balance the first south america, or a set number of seats for each country regardless of ranking, as is done in real life, something also to balance more competitions how to select the fighting pre-liminary and also in the group stage to try to create the best teams facing the best and the worst facing the worst, if not always the same countries will be in the hearts and occasionally new countries will have teams playing these competitions, which will not cause your rankink improve .

February 03, 2010 21:58

34 posts(s)

?

February 04, 2010 10:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m not so sure about best x best and worst x worst, it would remove some good clubs in early stages of competition. The only way to improve the country ranking is the club world club with all countries.

February 04, 2010 15:36

64 posts(s)

I don’t think WCW is the answer, since this would be un-realistic.
lets just think about it, I am sure that the plan for RS is to have all the countries in the World???? (am I right?, or at least the most popular ones) so lets think about the future…….. lets say…. 2 year from now….. hey its 2012!!!!!! RS now has 20 countires from europe (UEFA_), 10 countries from South America (CONMEBOL_), 9 countries from North America (CONCACAF_), 9 countires from Asia (_AFC), 10 countries from Africa (CAF)…. lets say there are international competitions in all these countires (like in real life) you have UEFA Champions, Libertadores, CONCACAF Champions, AFC Champions League, and CAF Champions League, the winners of these competitions are the only ones that con compete in the CWC that would be 5 and there could be 1 more team added to the list, every year this competition will be held in a different country and the winner of the league will have the right to be in that competition as well (LIKE IN REAL LIFE!!!!!).
If the current International competition is kept the way it is we can have a FAIR ranking and fair (and real) competition.
ok in real life you have a “Club World Cup” and in this tournament only the winner of the “continental” competition has the right to play it. I think that in a future if more teams are added things will balance out. and I do not think that changing the current format of international competition to a CWC where a lot of teams compete will help eather, because in the future this will have to be changed again.

sorry for the spelling

February 05, 2010 08:25

33 posts(s)

Don’t think the Club World Cup is a good idea either..

If you want to balance out the big differences between countries the thing that has to change is that the highest nation gets the best youth.. This keeps the difference alive! I don’t say there should not be difference at all but I mean the best 4 countries have youth with the same potential. I don’t know how it is arranged at the moment but I think this is the reason.

February 05, 2010 10:45

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

First and second in the country ranking have equally good youths, third an fourth countries’ youths have, in the average, 1 point less on each skill, fifth and sixth have 2 points less per skill in the average when compared to top 2 countries and so on. Maybe we could increase the size of the group, reducing 1 point in each skill every 3 positions in the ranking, instead of 2.

February 05, 2010 11:26

33 posts(s)

I think making the groups bigger is a good idea… I even think the more countries we get the bigger the groups should get. But that is for the future to discuss.

Growing to fast is not a good option.. There are other matters of more importance in the game you should focus on then getting more countries. When other things improve the game will get more human players.. And that is what we need to improve further..

February 05, 2010 13:08

120 posts(s)

Donator

World Cup IT IS THE BEST ANSWER, yes indeed !!!!
it will level the ranking, bring top quality competition, fill up leagues, and the best for me FUN FUN FUN, no doubt,

Maybe is not yet in real live, but fifa is moving in that direction as well….
We dont have the real world cup, so world club cup will make up great for that…

I cant wait to play againts america…..

saludos

February 05, 2010 13:19

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

What if instead of a fake club word cup we had national squads for the countries we already have and a mini national squads world cup? The ranking could then be based on their results instead. At first they would all be cpu controlled, but in the future managers could be invited to manager a national squad.

February 05, 2010 15:20

241 posts(s)

I think some realism can be sacrificed in favor of game play. Would you rather face cpu teams or other fellow players?

February 05, 2010 15:21

33 posts(s)

I rhink that’s a better idea! I like a certain amount of realism.. Also having players that get caps for their national team should be a part of the amount of income a club has from merchandise.. It gives more star status to some players.. A small club world cup isn’t a bad idea but i don’t think it should be a factor in the rankings!

2 DaMaGo: Maybe FIFA wants it in real life but it isn’t working.. The big European clubs that are at the club world cup usualy bring their reserve team..

February 05, 2010 19:27

803 posts(s)

I think the main problem about that is to keep or not the Continental cups we have (CL, Europa, Libertadores, Sud). We will have too much competitions and it would be probably impossible to schedule that… It can be done with a small CWC but then it will probably have a small effect on the ranking… Maybe the best solution is to replace the actual cups for a new CWC but then it would be less realistic…

You have a real nice situation here Gabriel :P

February 05, 2010 20:24

241 posts(s)

If the turn number per season can be increased then all competitions can be played maybe. For example if you increase the number of turns from 3 to 4 for each week the season will contain 192 turns,48 extra turns.

February 05, 2010 21:42

803 posts(s)

That would probably be boring for the teams that only have one competition, most of them managed by new managers in the game, the ones we want to be enjoying :D

February 05, 2010 21:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Filipe nailed it. I have the same concerns. Too many competitions if we keep CL, Libertadores, etc, too unrealistic if we remove them. That’s why I proposed the national squad world cup as an alternative. We’ll have national squads at some point anyway, so I thought why not use them sooner and base the ranking on them?

February 05, 2010 21:53

65 posts(s)

Donator

In regards to youths, you could structure it like this:

All countries get the same quality youth players stats wise with the exception that the talented youth players have a higher chance of appearing in countries based on its rank.

I.e.
1st rank – 1 in 8 chance of producing a star player
2nd rank – 1 in 11 chance of producing a star player
3rd rank – 1 in 14 chance of producing a star player
4th rank – 1 in 17 chance of producing a star player
and so on.

The probability of star players being produced in a country could be higher or lower, as I used the above numbers as an example.

February 05, 2010 21:54

34 posts(s)

a suggestion for this could also be increasing the number of players for each team, instead of time, each team lessons that have 35 or 40 players would make it easier to play several competitions.
ai many will ask, but the payroll could be revalued and reduce the salaries by 5% percent of each player, and even also with renewals of contracts downloading a little percentage for renewal.

February 05, 2010 22:30

241 posts(s)

I thought about that too Filipe you are right, but also this gives them some extra turns with friendlies to develop their youth and becoming better. Anyway seems like there is no solution to make everyone happy :/

February 05, 2010 22:49

241 posts(s)

Gabriel I think the motivation to create a new competition should be based on more players playing each other. Your idea doesnt adress this problem .

I have played this game now for some time now but never played against most of the users here. Such a waste dont you think?

February 05, 2010 23:40

803 posts(s)

Also the ranking is used to determine the number of teams qualified for the international competitions so it should not be determined by the national teams, we should use two different rankings, one for the players quality determined by the national team performance, the other for the qualification places determined by the clubs…

I like the idea of national teams competition, but it would be difficult to schedule their matches aswell. I think this competitions should be done like in real life, from 4 to 4 years the World Cup and in the middle, the nation team continental cups, with the qualification matches the year before each. This way we would have matches every season but not so concentrated and it would be realistic…

February 05, 2010 23:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@amacb: that’s a good point, but I’d rather combine CL with Libertadores and Europa League with Sudamericana (with some kind of qualifying stage with teams from the same continent) than keeping them and extending CWC to have more teams from each competition.

@Filipe: yeah, I realize there are 2 functions for the ranking but we can sort that out. Regarding your suggestion to have a real schedule for national squads I completely agree, we’d have a 4 season cycle of qualify for continental cups (south america don’t have it since there are only 10 countries, but anyway), continental cups, qualify for world cup, world cup…we could even add some additional tournaments like confederations cup.

February 06, 2010 13:02

33 posts(s)

I think everybody wants it to happen to fast… It’s probably a proces that will take a lot of seasons.. Maybe it’s an idea to balance europe and south america by dividing the ranking and youth progress by continent.. The best country in Europe has the same as the best in America visa versa

February 06, 2010 17:43

42 posts(s)

Next season : Switzerland + Sweden OK?

February 06, 2010 19:38

803 posts(s)

I like Paradokus idea if we don’t have the CWC

February 06, 2010 21:54

299 posts(s)

Yes, Paradokus idea is great.
For the two continets

As for the CWC, the final eight in CL and Libertadores should qualify. Four groups with two European and two Latin American teams in each group. Or it can can be with two legs knock out rounds, except for the final

But the Game Engine should be first priority. And I believe DaMaGo should agree with me on this after losing the CL final in MT, despite smashing Angers in every department.

February 06, 2010 23:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Markkö: not yet, we’ll need to prepare international cups to have 8 groups instead of 4 before adding new european countries.

Forums FastTicker