Forums FastTicker

New countries for next season?

Subscribe to New countries for next season? 39 post(s), 11 voice(s)

January 03, 2010 23:28

42 posts(s)

I would like to know if we will have new countries for next season?

• if yes : which ones?
  • if no : how could I propose myself to make it?

January 04, 2010 04:53

651 posts(s)

markko… if you have any country in your thoughts, please suggest one along with its first division and second division teams… it is better if you have the full list of teams:)

January 04, 2010 14:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

This is for anybody who wants to help. Besides the list of first and second division teams we’d need images for the team logos (any size and format will do it, we can adjust it…unless you want to do that for us which would be appreciated), name of divisions and national cup. Remember we’d like to have 20 teams per division in all countries in the future, so we’d need 40 teams to make 2 divisions. If the suggested country has less than 20 teams per division it would be necessary to pick some from the third division so we could make it.

January 05, 2010 11:31

42 posts(s)

Do you have an email where I can send you all?

January 05, 2010 11:36

42 posts(s)

I would propose :

sweden (32)
belgium (36) (they are 35 clubs there but we can add one from 3rd division)
switzerland (26)
greece (34)

then more & more step by step

January 05, 2010 15:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You can send it to admins at rubysoccer.com

If you could make it 20 clubs for switzerland (we’d have only 1 division) and 40 clubs to the other countries (by picking clubs from lower division in real life) it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

January 05, 2010 19:54

11 posts(s)

Major League Soccer (U.S and Canada) is a professional soccer league based in the United States and sanctioned by United States Soccer Federation (U.S. Soccer). The league comprises 16 teams, 15 in the U.S and one in Canada, which is scheduled to become 18 teams by the beginning of the 2011 season. MLS represents the top tier of the American and Canadian soccer pyramids.

On the 2nd division, there is the United Soccer Leagues (USL) which is the parent organization for the men’s lower division leagues of U.S. and Canadian soccer. They hold 10 teams. There is also the North American Soccer League (NASL) which is a professional men’s soccer league in the United States and Canada. Forms part of the second tier of soccer in the United States and Canada league pyramid along with the USL First Division, behind Major League Soccer in the hierarchy. NASL currently has ten teams comprising former clubs from the USL First Division, the USL Second Division, plus expansion franchises. The inaugural season is expected to begin play in April 2010.

18 + 10 + 10 = 38 total teams.

I’d say we could add 2 from the 3rd division and make it two winners of last year’s 2nd league divisions (who cannot get promoted or relegated, yeah weird) go in the first divisions for 2 equal divisions of 20 teams? Or simply one league? We could run this multiple ways. I’d be happy to provide you with what you need after you tell me what you’d like to have for the North American scene.

January 05, 2010 21:06

241 posts(s)

I wish we had more users/managers. Many leagues already full of AI teams. Just look at Italy supposed to be strong league for example.When we have enough users then new countries can be added in the future IMO.

January 06, 2010 20:02

42 posts(s)

If you add countries, please do it at america

January 06, 2010 22:49

42 posts(s)

So I can make you 20 clubs for each country? It will much easier and faster?

January 06, 2010 23:22

42 posts(s)

I sent to you all for switzerland, please check it and let me know if it is OK

January 07, 2010 10:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks Markkö, I replied to you asking for league and cup names, but I can find it by myself, no worries. The most important you already sent me, club names and logos!

Anybody else interested in helping? It can be America or Europe. Remember to group teams in 20, which will be the size of all leagues.

January 07, 2010 10:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Oh, and you can send more than 20 clubs, as long as there are 20 per league…so we need 20 or 40 or 60…

January 07, 2010 11:21

42 posts(s)

Welcome ;)

I will send you 20 clubs from Sweden also

January 07, 2010 21:13

11 posts(s)

I’ll work on the Americas then. 2 leagues of 20 teams.

January 08, 2010 12:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

From what you’ve said at least some Canadian teams play in the US league, or did I get it wrong? My point is, if possible, separate US from Canadian teams, it’d be good to have separate leagues for each country.

Thanks Jason!

January 08, 2010 21:03

42 posts(s)

Gabriel when do you think the clubs will be available in the game? Next season? Tell me which countries you would like me to work on?

January 08, 2010 21:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I don’t guarantee them for next season, and also I may add one at a time to check the tick times with the extra matches, but who knows. A friend of mine already got the info for Chile as well, so we have 3 countries waiting to be added.

Anyway, if you have the time, Greece is a good candidate :)

January 08, 2010 23:24

42 posts(s)

Greece done ;)

Please if you can add Greece, Switzerland and Sweden it would be great! If I can help just ask!

January 10, 2010 06:59

828 posts(s)

usa ? might wanna through that in there

January 10, 2010 07:04

828 posts(s)

Add Anaheim as a Usa team even though there arnt 2 leagues of 20 teams

so just use mls and maybe nhl cities

btw im a Anaheim Ducks Fan ( nhl) and Sunderland AFC ( premierleague)

haha

January 10, 2010 11:26

120 posts(s)

Donator

Again i hate the idea of new countries!!!!!
First, it is just because empty league with no competition, where just a few managers build a good team (because they can use youngh formation and still beat so bad CPU teams) and be big in international competition…… just not fair to me.
Good competition its just a good fight…..
Anyway new countries i guess will be added, so in this case A MUST!!!!!! …..USA AND MEXICO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and please forget about swiss and other leagues…… we will find more new managers to join rubysoccer from this countries than from greece sweeden……. and so…. i like chile as well.

January 11, 2010 11:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

If anybody wants to provide us with data and logos for USA and Mexico teams we can give it a try, for sure :)

January 11, 2010 14:24

42 posts(s)

which will be the new countries available for the next season?

January 11, 2010 15:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No country is ready yet, but I’ll try to add at least one from Europe and one from South America.

January 11, 2010 19:04

64 posts(s)

Gabriel, i will send you the info for Mexico they have 18 teams in Primera Division (1st division)
then there are 17 teams in Liga de Acenso (2nd division) that makes 35 teams by popularity we can take 2 teams from Liga de Acenso and place them in “Primera” to make 20 leaving Liga de Acenso with 15 all thats left is to get 5 popular teams from Segunda Division (which really is 3rd division) and place them on the Liga de Acenso. For the 20 teams

I have always said that there needs to be more nations from America to balance this game, and I think Mexico, and Chile aré great choices. Then there is USA, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador that are good choices as well

January 11, 2010 21:45

34 posts(s)

need to put more teams to join the liberators, but no country will overtake Brazil in the ranking score.

January 12, 2010 00:05

828 posts(s)

ever thought of using the league symbols

we use the real teams logos so why not the leagues as well

January 12, 2010 01:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Simon: just received it, thanks!
@Martins: yeah, we’ll figure that out ;)
@Davison: interesting suggestion, haven’t though about it before!

January 13, 2010 03:01

42 posts(s)

Which will be league from europe? Greece I guess ^^? or switzerland? or sweden?

Forums FastTicker