Forums FastTicker

Country Ranking, Closest of all encounters

Subscribe to Country Ranking, Closest of all encounters 16 post(s), 7 voice(s)

October 29, 2009 17:21

651 posts(s)

Will Portugal take over the second spot from Spain next season?

Can resurgent Argentina topple Italy down for the fifth spot?

Germany and England vying for seventh and eighth…

Honours on line… it will be a long due change if Portugal really get better of Spanish giants…

When will the mighty Brazil fall off the cliff;) (easiest one to answer)

Any predictions;)

October 29, 2009 17:43

609 posts(s)

brazil will never fall……

October 29, 2009 18:00

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Brazil can only fall after we implement the extended Club World Cup ;)

I had to say that before Da Mago :D

October 29, 2009 19:00

117 posts(s)

Can France overtake both Spain & Portugal?

Highly unlikely this season but watch out for the seasons to come!

My predictions at the end of season 30:
1-Brazil (no surprise)
2-Portugal (upset wins in both CL & UEFA predicted)
3-Spain (will come back in force in season 31)
4-France (status quo for the moment but may be a sleeping giant with the recent manager additions)
5-Italy
6-Argentina
7-Germany

October 29, 2009 20:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Shouldn’t this be under FastTicker forum? I suppose this is about FT, right? :)

October 30, 2009 01:22

651 posts(s)

yah gab…. sorry for that… can we move this to FT???

October 30, 2009 10:09

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Done.

October 30, 2009 19:58

803 posts(s)

Hehe finaly Portugal has a chance to pass Spain :D I belive it will be this season, but if not it must be the next as the Spain will lose much more points than Portugal.
Things are very close for the second place, but the first continuous untouchable :D

October 31, 2009 01:51

651 posts(s)

don’t worry about brazil. they (Gab and Dan) are going to introduce average rating system to rate the league. I guess that will happen with the introduction of the world cup. After that things might change… but brazil will still have advantage because they get better youths.

As for the second position, i think this is the right time for portugal to pass spain, and Portugal deserve their promotion… Although portugal have an advantage during the latter stages of the champions league as their season ends earlier… Firstly, the competition in spain is very tough and secondly, they have to manage players stamina for both League and Champions league during the end of the season, which makes it relatively easy for Portugal to win more games in champions league. An advantage of not playing 4 league games :)

October 31, 2009 11:16

803 posts(s)

Stamina influences it, but as you can see Portugal have 3 teams in the finals and one end 4th in the group with 9 points. And as I remember we always have many teams at this fase, they star losing now, so I don’t belive stamina influences that much. Also spanish and the other leagues have more matches were they can develop players and as they have better youths it is a considerable advantage…

Good luck guys :D

October 31, 2009 12:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I know it is not the appropriate topic and I’ll probably make a poll about it, but since you guys brought it up I’ll ask…what do you think if all leagues had 20 teams instead of some having 20, others 18, 16 or even 10 (Paraguay second division)? I’m seriously thinking about “normalizing” the leagues size so that all countries have the same chances. To do that I’d remove some teams from leagues with more than 20 (div 2 on Spain and England I guess), promote extra teams to div 1 on countries with less than 20 on div 1 and add extra teams on div 2 of countries who need it.

October 31, 2009 12:24

301 posts(s)

i’m all up for “normalizing”

October 31, 2009 13:32

803 posts(s)

I vote yes :D We lose some reality but it is better that way

October 31, 2009 14:17

120 posts(s)

Donator

YES, please do it.
FAIRchange.

October 31, 2009 14:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s what I thought you guys would say :)

October 31, 2009 16:34

651 posts(s)

yes i vote for it… ( and then filipe can’t complain he can’t improve his youth ;) :P )

Forums FastTicker