Forums FastTicker

Last round Brazil

Subscribe to Last round Brazil 41 post(s), 14 voice(s)

July 06, 2009 22:31

71 posts(s)

Donator

LOL @ Sly. I agree though, it’s not so much cheating just not in the " sporting code ". In fact, no, there was money involved so it was cheating.

Edit
but i think they should be forgiven for been so brazenly honest about it and giving us all a laugh

July 07, 2009 04:52

651 posts(s)

well, sly no one is accusing french teams… vaughan has himself said he wanted to focus on champions league rather than the league and that he had little chance against monaco. watch his 3rd and 5th comments on the related thread. and i think other teams lower than him benefited rather lose anything with that decision. In fact he didn’t cheat against anyone in the league with that decision, but then since he could not do well in the CL, he did against his on board…

But having said that i have always said there should be some penalty against manager from the concerned club. and i think removing this 10 point penalty limit is the best option for now…
do well u get rewarded, do bad you pay

July 07, 2009 10:29

637 posts(s)

A penalty by the board is the best option I guess. But I don’t think you can use a certain score as 10-0. Some teams are already weak and would “normally” lose the match with 4-0 anyway according to the board. Other teams are strong and need to win the match win 4-0 according the board.
So for a weaker team the difference for a board penalty is only 6 goals in stead of 14 goals for a stronger team. And the stronger teams mostly have a good B-squad.
There are 2 options in my opion:
- A) You count for example 10 goals with the result expected by the board for a penalty. So a “normal expected” loss of 4-0 becomes 14-0 loss and a “normal expected” 4-0 victory becomes a 6-0 loss.
This way you give stronger teams the same chance of punishment.
- B) Strong teams will have a bad result much faster. So you count the penalty for the bad result and an extra penalty for the very bad result.
We have to find a solution for this problem before the new world cup is impleted. Teams have to play more matches and these kind of problems will occur much more.

July 07, 2009 12:05

678 posts(s)

@Parag: I think there is a mistake. You are confusing posts. Vaughn, also known as Nicky Broos is with Juventus. He’s not with psg or any french team (anymore). So I don’t understand your post which says "vaughan has himself said he wanted to focus on champions league rather than the league and that he had little chance against monaco. ".
He’s not in the same league as Monaco :)…..Vaughn plays @ Juventus :)

July 07, 2009 12:44

651 posts(s)

seems like that… i am sorry for my that mistake… :)

July 07, 2009 13:05

803 posts(s)

I’m not sure I understand what thorpedo but I agree there should be an extra penalty for very bad results.

In this example if Gremio’s manager had 100% performance he would only lose something like 10%… even if had not the 100% it would just cost more money from Santo André.

Regards

July 07, 2009 20:55

637 posts(s)

What I mean is that a strong team would not loose with 10-0 when they play with their B-squad. A weak team will. And as said above to give a penalty when you loose 10-0 or more weaker will get a punishment much faster.

July 08, 2009 04:31

375 posts(s)

I think you should lose 85 reputation points for a 0-10 loss. If you are not sure that the CPU will be able to judge correctly, give this tool to the gamemasters so that they were able to punish the managers who do that on purpose.

July 08, 2009 04:33

375 posts(s)

such results are just disgusting and so irritating…

July 08, 2009 10:45

4,286 posts(s)

Administator

Just for the record, I’ve removed the 10 limit on board penalty.

July 08, 2009 14:34

40 posts(s)

Donator

For those who doubted about Santo Andre’s capacity of winning a game without ‘bribing’, here it is: Club world cup champion!

Cheers! XD

Forums FastTicker