Forums FastTicker

UEFA POINTS

Subscribe to UEFA POINTS 26 post(s), 11 voice(s)

May 18, 2009 23:02

678 posts(s)

How come you get an equil amount of Uefa points for playing in the uefa then for playing CL? Shouldn’t you get more point from CL then UEFA? I’m not sure how it works in real life…

May 18, 2009 23:16

609 posts(s)

tbh, double CL of uefa….it’s way more importent and harder to get!

May 19, 2009 00:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Our system is similar to real life, not exactly the same I guess…in my opinion CL should be worth more points, same for Libertadores…I’ll add an enhancement to our list and double the points from those competitions ;)

May 19, 2009 09:00

39 posts(s)

Donator

Also, is it easier for a country to dominate South America(as there are less countries) as compared to Europe(more countries)? eg- at the moment Brazil has 4 teams in the finals of Sth America, where as it would be very difficult for any European country to do the same in Europe. Therefore, Brazil will always dominate the points; in real life, even though Brazil produces some of the world’s best players, it can’t be considered as the dominating league in the world.

May 19, 2009 10:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I believe the reason Brazil dominates South America is not related to the number of countries, but to the weakness of the other countries. The problem is we only had Brazil and Argentina when the dimension started and the Brazilian league was always crowded while most teams from Argentina were controlled by the CPU. This made Brazilian teams pretty strong compared to their opponents. Argentina seems to be getting better, at least on Libertadores. Teams like Almagro, Boca Juniors and Almte. Brown had some interesting results. More managers on South American countries would definitely make other countries more competitive.
Now about real life, Brazil is not a dominating league cause all good players want to play abroad as Brazilian teams can’t afford high wages. We decided to give all countries a chance in the game, no matter what is the real life situation :D

May 31, 2009 21:34

30 posts(s)

Gabriel, it still making not much sense on the points.

Even thinking hypotetically that Argentina would have good teams, that would just make Argentina and Brazil dominate it. I believe there are two ways to balance it; european competitions pay better and points still the same… Or find a different way to balance the equation.

May 31, 2009 21:35

30 posts(s)

Different way = different way to distribute the points.

May 31, 2009 21:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The different way I like most is replacing the existing international cups by a World Cup with 32 clubs from all over the world :)

May 31, 2009 22:11

120 posts(s)

Donator

love it, you know it……. cant wait….

May 31, 2009 22:38

387 posts(s)

how about World cup instead of the CL/LB in the schedule (2nd half of season) AND CL/UEFA/etc. in the first half of the season – winners/top 8 of each competition qualify for world cup.

June 01, 2009 00:45

609 posts(s)

first half of the season is also cup games, that would rly affect the stamina to much for those teams….gogo world cup!

June 01, 2009 11:13

803 posts(s)

That would be to much competitions, and we must save a place for the National teams competitions :D
Regards

June 01, 2009 11:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Filipe is right, don’t forget the National teams! :D

June 01, 2009 14:37

299 posts(s)

there should not be huge gap in point between CL and UEFA, or the respective Latin American cups, such as Vaugh proposes (2:1)
UEFA ratings, if nothing else, serves to reflect the strength of leagues. With Vaugh proposal, countries like Germany (a 1-2 teams league) would benefit too much. Benefiting from the new rating system, Hertha’s performances in CL would be enough to rank Gemrany higher in the overall ranking and gain extra European slots for German teams and for a league that don’t deserve. Teams from stronger leagues, will lose rights in CL and UEFA because of this.
If there will be changes, to reflect the difficulty levels between the two cups, then a 5:4 ratio would be enough. 2:1 will create artificial evaluations!

June 01, 2009 15:21

609 posts(s)

Dhimitri, how can germany benefit from only 1 team doing very good…rest of the countries will still get ALOT of points from uefa, while germany can only manage in cl with 1 team?

June 01, 2009 16:04

299 posts(s)

Potentially speaking it always can. If Hertha potentially speaking win the cup with all wins (I don’t know how many pts that will be) it means that will twice the points of the winner of UEFA (who also potentially wins all games). It means the winner all of CL will basically win as many pts (by all chances more) as a country with three teams in UEFA. Does that seem fair to you?

Hertha wins CL, by winning all games. pts=???

Spain, for example, with three teams and their best possible performance in UEFA: total pts=
Team A winner (all wins) pts=
Team B runner up (all wins and 1 loss) pts=
Team C semifinals (all wins and 1 loss) pts=

can someone calculate the pts and see how they fair. Remember, for every 1 Uefa pts there are 2 CL pts

June 01, 2009 16:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Supposing all teams start on group stage:
Hertha wins CL, by winning all games. pts = 175
For UEFA:
Team A winner (all wins) pts = 87.5
Team B runner up (all wins and 1 loss) pts = 81.25
Team C semifinals (all wins and 1 loss) pts = 71.875
Just a reminder, the country score is the average score of all its teams score (both from CL and UEFA Cup).

June 02, 2009 10:23

299 posts(s)

thanks Gabriel

So, hypothetical situation here Hertha gets 175, and Spain in UEFA gets 240.625 pts. Hertha gains as much as 73% of the pts Spain gets in UEFA with three teams collecting maximum pts. Of course, there’s the country’s average that matters. But the point here is to show than a single teams performing greatly in CL will devalue (or overwhelm) another country’s total performance in UEFA, which in return will unbalance rankings artificially

I think the ranking below would be more convincing
Season 23 European rankings
1.Spain…………………52.232
2.Germany…………….31.771
3.England………………30.729
4.Portugal……………..31.25
5.France……………….26.786
6.Italy…………………..21.429

With the current ranking system, Germany collect the 2d most pts in Europe, all thanks to Hertha. That on its own shows that a single team can greatly affect rankings even now!!!
With the new CL2:1Uefa, by all chances the Germany average would have been higher in pts and the average of some of the countries (the ones who have a good performance in UEFA) would have suffered greatly

June 02, 2009 10:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks for your contributions, Dhimitri. We can see the real effects on MediumTicker already. Let’s wait for FastTicker international competitions so we can evaluate it on both dimensions. After that we can make an official poll and decide what is the best solution.
Of course we can keep this discussion going in the meanwhile :)

June 02, 2009 14:50

375 posts(s)

The best solution is to make Hertha play with 7 players squad in CL =)

June 14, 2009 10:28

803 posts(s)

Is there any extra points given for passing to the next phases?
Portugal had a incredible performance in the european cups this season but in the end we end up with as many points as Italy and most of the countries had almost 50 points… Italy only had Juventus in the quarter-finals of UEFA cup, Portugal had 3 teams in the two finals, that should be rewarded… I believe we receive points for entering the group stage, but the next phases are not given any extra points…

Regards

June 14, 2009 17:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There are extra points for passing to the next phases, Filipe. The amount of points for reaching the group stage is 3 times greater than the amount for reaching the following phases, and this is equivalent to the amount of points received after a tied match.

June 14, 2009 18:07

30 posts(s)

I think the solution would be making CL and LB together. And also UEFA and SL together. That way it evens out the difference between South America and Europe.
ps. I’m talking about cancelling CL, LB, Uefa and SL.

The number of teams and mode of dispute could be discussed.

June 14, 2009 18:12

375 posts(s)

Hehe, there will be no prizes left for European clubs =))

June 14, 2009 18:25

637 posts(s)

I’m not that sure of it Alban. Ok many brazilian teams have great players but when you look at the last 5 seasons of the Club World cup it’s won 4 times by an european team. So brazilian teams have to watch out =)

June 14, 2009 19:28

609 posts(s)

getting them together is not even close to reallity? i thought alot of ppl wanted closer to that?

Forums FastTicker