Forums FastTicker

How to improve my team?

Subscribe to How to improve my team? 9 post(s), 4 voice(s)

May 13, 2009 21:01

30 posts(s)

Hello,

I’m actually manager of Empoli, trying to get somewhere close to the 6th/7th position on the table, what is pretty good for a team almost relegated last season.
But…

I can see for sure that on a long run, my team does not have much to improve and get as good as Napoli/Genoa and fight for a 1st division title… So there must be ways to make more money and keep an “expensive” squad! How?

Ideas that I thought of;
- Maybe buying some young players and improving them on friendships? But thats a long time until I get some return, plus I obviously would keep a 24-25 players squad, what would keep me in deficit every single turn.

- Investing on my young players, If I improve it to level 10, how often will I get a good jr. player with stats over 80???

So… Those two ideas I had, are they worth it??? Is there anything better than that which I haven’t thought yet?

I know some people dont want to give up the “prize”, but since the game does not have any complete guide on how to manage a team, I thought I could get some ideas here, and why not discuss some others?

May 13, 2009 21:12

609 posts(s)

lvl 10 coaching won’t give u better youth players, it will only increase the speed in there skilling up. You can get better youth players (more often) when your country ranking is high. Sure u can get a star player in your youth in any country, that’s luck :P The higher you country ranking the more chance u have getting better youth players.
There are some ways to get some money and buy better players, you can first loan players and build up a nice bank bill over the seasons. Selling some of your top players and invest in growing youth (i recommend to get level 10 coaching) is a possebillity. You have to get lucky with those though. Buy cheap and sell expensive :)

May 14, 2009 01:10

42 posts(s)

I think coach lvl 10 is useless for almost every team (except maybe the best ones) if you take into consideration that the last 2 coachs are very expensive and don’t give that much of experience. For me, 8 is enough to get good loan players and to develop ur squad. But that’s just me, a new player at this game!

May 14, 2009 01:56

30 posts(s)

Thanks, I’ll see what I can come up with…
Btw… Empoli 1 × 0 Genoa last game of the league.

May 14, 2009 16:51

637 posts(s)

Yeah, good game. Keep up playing such matches and you will get that 7th place.
I was very glad Napoli tied.

May 15, 2009 19:14

30 posts(s)

Thanks !! I really did not expect my team to do so well !! But of course I was happy with the result ! :)

I have more questions, unstead of getting a new topic, I’ll just use this one…

Empoli 1 × 0 Genoa
Albinoleffe 1 × 1 Empoli
Empoli 0 × 0 Triestina
Mantova 2 × 0 Empoli

I bet Genoa the leader of the league. After that two tight matches against teams that I imagine my team would win and then I lost to Mantova.

The result agains Mantova was somehow expected, but the other two does not make much sense, especially after beating the leader of the league.

Is there something on the match engine that would justify my team doing so bad on these two games after a brilliant victory???

May 15, 2009 19:24

30 posts(s)

Detail: Albinoleffe is the last team of the league.

May 15, 2009 19:54

609 posts(s)

join the discussion regarding the match engine in the bugs section :) there are plenty of weird results shown or not even shown yet…welcome to the game ;)

May 16, 2009 00:52

30 posts(s)

Oh, K… Sure, I’ll.

ps. I bet Genoa posted our game in there ! :)
lol…

Forums FastTicker