Staff depts investment poll

Subscribe to Staff depts investment poll 58 post(s), 25 voice(s)

July 23, 2008 10:13

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Samir is right, it must be done step by step, so to move your coach dept from 0 to 10 would cost you 8,778,000, plus a maintenance cost of 300,000 every 3 turns when you are on level 10. We haven’t planned a period for the upgrade to complete, it would be done instantly, the only limitation for that is your financial situation should be at least regular after the upgrade is done.

Cheers!

July 28, 2008 08:29

65 posts(s)

Will youth players yet to be given a contract be trained by the new coaching system aswell?

PS I like these new additions and will make the game more interesting :D

July 28, 2008 08:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

All players that still have potential points to improve will be using the new coaching system, the difference is that the youths generated from now on will have a higher potential. I’m not sure I made it clear but the only way to improve players is still playing matches. This is not a final decision but that simplified a lot both for us and for the users.

Cheers!

July 28, 2008 11:10

4 posts(s)

With coaches now i think the players should improve without playing a match aswell. Thats how it is in real life.

Cheers…

July 28, 2008 14:19

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

This was our first idea and is still a possibility, it makes sense. I’ll do a change first that will help in players improvement: unlimited substitutions during friendly matches.

Cheers!

July 28, 2008 16:01

387 posts(s)

first i read the announcement then i upgraded the coaching. but i assumed that the coaching improves the youths without matches & accelates those who play friendlies aswell. that made sense.
i don’t get your point/approach described above, Gabriel …

July 28, 2008 16:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I know it makes sense for players to improve without playing, I just tried a simpler approach first…when I mentioned unlimited substitutions my point is more players will have the chance to improve when you play friendlies…you know what, I just had an idea about players improving without playing, let’s see what I can do :-)

Cheers!

July 28, 2008 16:43

387 posts(s)

but to understand you completely: what was the benefit you planned for a manager using “coaching” staff ?

July 28, 2008 16:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

When a player improves he has more chances of earning more points at once for teams with a high level coaching department. Let’s use some fake numbers to give an example. Imagine a player in a team with level 0 coaching, when he improves he has a 70% chance of earning only 1 point , 20% of earning 2 points and 10% for 3 points…in a team with coaching team he could have a 10% chance of earning 1 point, 15% for 2 points, 15% for 3 points, 20% for 4 points, 20% for 5 points and 20% for 6 points. That’s a huge advantage :-)

Cheers!

July 30, 2008 04:09

20 posts(s)

Hi Gabriel!

Can you let us know the real numbers of the different levels of the coaching department? It’s a quite big investment and we should have all possible information in order to decide if we afford it or not.

Cheers!

July 30, 2008 10:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I guess it’s not a big deal…here are the numbers (the chance is a percentage):

Coach Level   Chance of earning 1 point   2 points   3 points   4 points   5 points   6 points

Level 0                                             75%            15%              5%              5%              0%              0%
Level 1                                             80%              5%              5%              5%              5%              0%
Level 2                                             70%            10%            10%              5%              5%              0%
Level 3                                             65%            15%              5%              5%              5%              5%
Level 4                                             45%            35%              5%              5%              5%              5%
Level 5                                             35%            35%            15%              5%              5%              5%
Level 6                                             35%            30%            10%            10%            10%              5%
Level 7                                             30%            30%            10%            10%            10%            10%
Level 8                                             25%            20%            20%            15%            10%            10%
Level 9                                             25%            15%            15%            15%            15%            15%
Level 10                                           15%            15%            15%            20%            20%            15%

One important thing I’d like to point out is that to have an average improvement of 2 as we did before the coaching departments you will need a level 4 department. I’ll add this kind of information about departments in our help when I have some time.

Cheers!

August 04, 2008 08:05

375 posts(s)

and how many times players will improve ?

at least Minimum/Average/Maximum ?

and also what is the chance to improve main/secondary attributes

for example, if I have a 16 years old youth midfielder with 70 pas and, for example, 10 improvement times left, how many passing points will he get ? 50% or 70% ? Because if Coaching level is 4 (+2 on average) and it is 50%, he will reach 80 pas after 10 improvements and will also get 10 points in other attributes.

And if level 4 gives average improvement of 2, what’s on level 10 ?

August 04, 2008 08:53

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

When the player is generated he already has a maximum potential for each skill. Players can improve at most 39 times, from level 1 to level 40. When he reaches level 40 any remaining skill points he has not earned will be lost. All skills with remaining skill points have equal chance to improve when a player level up, so there is no way to know how many points a player will get in his main skill, specially cause we don’t know how many skill points he has left to improve. The only thing we guarantee when a player level up is that a non-keeper player will improve at least 1 point in a skill different than keeping (unless there is only keeping left to improve) and a keeper will improve at least 1 point on keeping, passing or speed (unless there are no skill points left on these skills). I’ve been adding stuff about coaching and scouting in the game help, I think this information about players improvement should also be there, in more details.

Hope this helps.

August 04, 2008 14:37

375 posts(s)

Gabriel, thanks for the fast answer !

So does this mean that only very talented players will suffer from weak coaching departments ?

Ok, can I try to sum up what I’ve found on the players’ improvement so far ? :)

1. All players come to the youth squad at the age of 16, but they have no birthdays and sometimes they become 17 in just a few turns.
2. All players come to the youth squad with current and potential abilities (potential are hidden, but they depend on their team’s division and their country’s international rating)
3. Players can improve only playing matches (but some managers hope that good coaching departments will help them improve without playing in future, like in real life….I would say it can help only until high 70-s, because good players must play a lot to gain experience and develop in real life)
4. Players have 40 hidden levels and can improve maximum 39 times (lvl 1-40)
5. Players currently have 8 attributes (but in future Heading will be added) and they preferably develop skills needed for their position most, but also develop secondary attributes.
6. Each of 39 times they can improve in 1-6 attributes, the chances depend on their coaching department level, which means that after Heading will be added the players will either improve less or (as I would recommend) field players will stop improving Keeping and keepers will not develop Heading.
7. If your coaching department is low, there is a threat that your youth player with high potential will not be able to reach it.

August 04, 2008 22:32

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Excellent summary Alban! You should write something in our game help :-D

Just a few comments on your topics:

1. Even though a player may become 17 in just a few turns it doesn’t affect how long it will take for him to ask for a contract. This will happen from 60 to 276 turns after the player joined the team (he will have between 16 and 18 years old) and is defined when the player is generated.

3. You are right, we have plans for players to improve without playing, at most until level 20 and at a slow pace if compared with the improvement due to playing matches.

6. When heading is added players will improve a little bit more in the average, as a new skill will be developed. To make things interesting keepers will use this skill instead of keeping to defend headers.

Cheers!

August 05, 2008 06:40

27 posts(s)

Can we see what level the player is at (like 1-40). Also i think that only the manager should see what level he is at and it shouldnt be shown on the transfer list. This will make the game more fun. And also i have relised that the tick time has been reduced and i know i have brought up this topic before and you guys are getting sick of me but i would like to have more choice in teams (more leagues). With more teams we can bring in group stages in champions league and uefa cup wich would be alot of fun. These are some of the leagues that can be added;

• Holland league
  • Turkish league
  • Russian league
  • USA (MLS) league
  • Greek league

Cheers…

August 05, 2008 09:04

375 posts(s)

Thanks, Gabriel, I hope everything will be balanced !

Polat, what is the fun if we know exactly that the player will improve ? It’s unrealistic and too predictable

August 05, 2008 09:47

27 posts(s)

Im sure in real life the coaches will relise that the player is not improveing and i would like to have an idea were my players are heading. I dont want to waste my money on useless players inspecially when money nowerdays is harder to earn.

August 05, 2008 09:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hi Polat,

I have to agree with Alban, knowing the player level may spoil some fun in trying to improve players. Knowing that a player has reached his maximum from coaches is a possibility, I’ll consider that.

About new leagues we are not getting sick of you, I’m really looking forward for adding them, we are just waiting for more managers to get teams so we don’t have lots of CPU teams when new countries are added. We’ve been getting lots of new users lately and after finishing our coming soon list we’ll advertise the game somehow. I believe we’ll be able to add new countries soon, FastTicker should get them first though, as the number of CPU teams is lower there.

Cheers!

August 05, 2008 09:50

375 posts(s)

I wanted to add that adding new leagues will possibly influence the game’s economy critically, I mean I am afraid of the inflation.

And staff departments is a very good tool against the inflation, that was very smart ;)

August 05, 2008 09:53

27 posts(s)

That is good enough as long as we know when the player has reached his maximum potential. What inflation mate all there is to it is theres more variety to the game there is a soccersim game on another site that has 20 different countries. How sick is that. And also the european cups would be interesting. I also want to add that i would like the champions league to have group stages now and to make it go for longer as it is much more important than the other cups. To me its more important than the league.
Cheers…

August 05, 2008 10:07

4 posts(s)

I agree with Mr. Alemdar on this one and i think that you should know what level your youth is at DEPENDING on what level your coach and i also love the idea about extending the group stages of the european cups. groups of 4, 1 match each, keep it simple. I just thought of something and i relised the difference of level 10 and level 9 coaching is barely anything exept that level 10 you need $100,000 more money per 3 turns. no offence but thats a jipp. I think it would be a great insentive if you give the level 10 coaching the right to see what level there youths are at.

August 05, 2008 10:11

27 posts(s)

Excelent idea Mustafa and thanks for agreeing with me. Top bloke. ;)

August 05, 2008 10:27

637 posts(s)

I also agree with Alban about knowing the player level. Altough I understand Polat. Maybe a coach report every… i don’t know 48 turns… is a possibility. That’s 3 times every season. This coach report gives a hint about the level of some players.
e.g. Player x has to play more matches. Player Y won’t improve much. Things like that…

This way you know something about the level of your players but not much. So the game is still fun…
Let the system pick every coach report 5 players random. Then there will be players who have more coach reports and there will be ones who have none. But that’s part of the game.
So there is a possibility that the system gives a coach report of most of your players in 2 seasons. (6 times coach report x 5 players every report = +/- 30 players possible.

Cheers

August 05, 2008 10:35

27 posts(s)

I think mustafa’s idea is better.

August 05, 2008 12:03

375 posts(s)

I just don’t understand. If lvl 10 coaching helps to see the potential, everyone will invest in coaching. And then young players will get enormous wages….and it will all spoil the game I think

August 05, 2008 13:09

637 posts(s)

Indeed. That’s why I suggest a coach report. Separated of the coach department.

But if there would be a poll for this subject I would vote against. I think the game is better the way it is right now.

August 05, 2008 13:18

375 posts(s)

I think there was a great of fun in Soccersim in developing talented young players into megastars.

So it is in real life – some players reach their maximum when they are almost at the end of their career.

I would like attributes to grow until maybe 23 years, but I also think that players should be able to add a bit more points than their potential after a high number of international matches, cup finals and etc. Experience should make them better, smarter, increase their average rating. I think something like that is presented in Fifa Manager series, I’d say that some attributes will not grow, like speed, for example, but other should improve.