Other Announcements

Subscribe to Other Announcements 102 post(s), 18 voice(s)

December 18, 2008 16:33

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks for volunteering guys! So looks like we’ll start with ekxl, Samir, Philipp and Meninao. thorpedo and Onyros can be our replacements for now…or maybe we’ll find something for you ;)

Cheers!

December 31, 2008 20:51

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Guys, happy new year and I hope you all had a nice christmas!
cheers!

January 04, 2009 16:10

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

We now have game masters (take a look at Gabriel’s last post to see the name list). Our first objective is to dramatically improve our anti-cheat activities.
cheers!

January 15, 2009 13:09

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Hey Guys,

Please click on “digg it” on this link . This will help us increase our community!

cheers!

January 22, 2009 21:33

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Our server is having some technical problems today. It is not software-related, so we hope our provider solves it as soon as possible.

cheers!

January 24, 2009 19:57

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

We are testing a new server. Please post your opinion about the browsing speed / stability, as it is crucial for our decision (of permanently moving or not)!

cheers!

July 02, 2009 11:16

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

If you have a website and would like to support rubysoccer, one of the ways is to publish our new pledgie button there! This is the link to our campaign.

cheers!

July 02, 2009 16:36

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

And if you would like to support even more please donate and help us cover next month’s US$29.95 server expenses ;)

July 02, 2009 16:44

637 posts(s)

Sorry Gabriel but I don’t use Paypal. Otherwise I would donate.

July 02, 2009 16:52

609 posts(s)

if the economic wasn’t on his back i would gabriel :(

July 02, 2009 20:33

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

No worries, I hope those who are able to donate feel we deserve it ;)
Also, you both have already helped in other ways.

July 02, 2009 21:18

609 posts(s)

hehe np, maybe if the game was more helpfull in my games i would consider :P

July 03, 2009 02:46

651 posts(s)

Embedded the link to my blog… Parag’s Blog
if you have similar easy to embed code for rubysoccer (football) , i could add that to my site too…
EDIT: i am not aware if we are allowed to give our blog here… although it was not for ad purpose… will remove it duly, if not allowed

July 03, 2009 11:07

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks Parag. You can leave the link there, you’re not advertising your blog, as you said :)
We don’t have any kind of embed code for RubySoccer, but we could work on something…sounds like a good idea.

July 04, 2009 14:13

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Parag, I’ve jsut created the embed code for RubySoccer, check it out on our login page.
Anyone else who wants to help advertising RubySoccer on your website please feel free to do so ;)

July 05, 2009 07:26

651 posts(s)

Gabriel, Check out these blogs…
Ambience Of Life
and
News Analysis

July 05, 2009 12:41

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Nice! Is the first one yours as well?

July 06, 2009 00:22

651 posts(s)

yah… one of them is…
Edit: didn’t know what i was thinking at that time:(
( probably my lab seminar was on top of me)

July 08, 2009 03:52

651 posts(s)

sorry… both of them are:) the first one is just to display my passion for photography

July 15, 2009 14:46

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Do you have the impression that you could write some good articles, for our incoming newspaper, regarding rubysoccer match results? If the answer to that question is YES, we need your help NOW ! The newspaper will only be available after we have enough articles to start with. Below are the instructions on how to proceed.

INSTRUCTIONS

- Please write the article in english. You can use other languages, but it might take a while for your suggestion to be inside the game
- Include your rubysoccer login somewhere in the email
- We need 3 different sizes of body text articles, measured in characters (including special types and spaces). The sizes are [minimum,maximum]: [560, 1120] , [440 , 880] and [100 , 200]. Please point out, in your suggestion, what size did you choose.
- Despite of the size of the body text, your article needs a title. Use common sense to write the title, in terms of size
- For each one of the possible article sizes, you can choose one of the following article classifications (please identify that classification in your email)

note: ANY is different than 0.

> [0,nil] Expected Result => example: expected ANYx0 result ANYx0
> [0,0] Expected Result x Expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 1×0
> [0,1] Expected Result x Small positive difference from expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 2×0
> [0,2] Expected Result x Medium positive difference from expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 3×0
> [0,3] Expected Result x Large positive difference from expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 4×0
> [0,4] Expected Result x Small negative difference from expected scores => example: expected 4×0 result 3×0
> [0,5] Expected Result x Medium negative difference from expected scores => example: expected 4×0 result 2×0
> [0,6] Expected Result x Large negative difference from expected scores => example: expected 4×0 result 1×0
> [1,nil] UNExpected Result => example: expected ANYx0 result 0xANY
> [1,1] UNExpected Result x Small difference from expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 0×1
> [1,2] UNExpected Result x Medium difference from expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 0×2
> [1,3] UNExpected Result x Large difference from expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 0×3
> [2,nil] TIE => example: result 1×1
> [2,0] TIE x Expected scores => example: expected 1×1 result 1×1
> [2,1] TIE x Small difference from expected scores => example: expected 1×0 result 1×1
> [2,2] TIE x Medium difference from expected scores => example: expected 2×0 result 1×1
> [2,3] TIE x Large difference from expected scores => example: expected 3×0 result 1×1

- If, in the middle of the text (body or title), you want to input a variable, consider the following example expressions:
% {match.home_team.name} => Home Team Name
% {match.visitor_team.name} => Visitor Team Name
% {match.winner_team.name} => Winner Team Name
% {match.loser_team.name} => Loser Team Name
% {match.expected_winner.name} => Expected Winner Team Name
% {match.expected_loser.name} => Expected Loser Team Name
% {match.result} => Match Result (in the form HOMExVISITOR)
% {match.attendance} => Match Attendance
% {match.type} => Champions League, Serie A, FA Cup, etc
% {OR WRITE ANYTHING YOU WANT HERE, AND WE WILL PUT THE CORRECT EXPRESSION FOR YOU}

- After it is done, mail it to admins at rubysoccer.com . You can also post it here, but keep in mind that this might spoil the surprise :)

EXAMPLE ARTICLE SUGGESTION

mylogin: jonhdoe

*Article 1

#size=[100,200]
#classification=[0,1] Expected Result x Small positive difference from expected scores
#title=% {match.result} !!! nonono epsilum alpha!
#body=% {match.winner_team.name} played as expected against % {match.loser_team.name}. Nononono blablabla, etc. Nono, nnnononono!! Nononononono.

July 15, 2009 16:45

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I would like to add that you can write articles both from the winner point of view or the loser point of view. For example:
Flamengo beats Vasco. As expected, Flamengo had no problems against Vasco on this league match.
OR
Vasco defeated by Flamengo. As expected, Vasco had no chances against Flamengo on this league match.

July 15, 2009 17:45

609 posts(s)

for the newspaper, try to get (if implented) the questions to managers more random then MS was. Every month the same questions are getting boring :)
This was interview wise then ofc :)

July 15, 2009 17:52

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

The newspaper is (will be) one of the biggest functionalities on rubysoccer’s history. This first version will only contain match result articles, but we will add more types of articles on the fly. It will be very easy to contribute with the newspaper, so we hope to have lots of different questions.

July 16, 2009 16:01

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve coded a screen to make contributions easier. No “too hard” excuses now! I will only answer “when are we going to have the newspaper” questions from people who have contributed in that screen with at least one approved article, from now on :).

You can reach it on a tab inside the newspaper area.

July 16, 2009 16:44

609 posts(s)

First one is out there, hope it’s something!

July 16, 2009 17:00

803 posts(s)

Very nice screen, excellent way to have a newspaper dinamic and very easy to use. I’ve made an article, when I have more time I’ll try to make some more.

Just an observation, is it necessary to have the %{match.expected_winner.name} %{match.expected_loser.name} tags? I think with the other 2 and the category of the article those are not necessary. Also a suggestion for the next tag it could be the manager names. “Fans sung (winner.manager.name)’s name all night” :D

Regards

July 16, 2009 17:02

651 posts(s)

although couldn’t properly understand what was really expected, i have tried my bit by submitting an article… and i am sure as always (i was never goood at essay writing:( ), it is not a good one, but then with some suggestions, i wish i could improve on that…

and nice screen to start with… hopefully we the contributors and you the creators, will both improve together:)

@filipe, i used %{match.winner.manage_name} in my article:P

July 16, 2009 17:14

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

@Nirabdha: you almost got it right…it is %{match.winner_team.manager.name}

July 16, 2009 17:39

71 posts(s)

Donator

Ignore mine i thought you wanted individual articles :) you meant generalised right? i should read more carefully

July 16, 2009 18:27

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

The idea here is to have a good library of templates to generate interesting and unique newspapers, each turn. This stage of maturity will take a while to be achieved, but I think the result will be nice! For now, as you already know, we only have articles talking about match results. But the plan is to have many types of articles, in future! We already have a doc describing a few more of them.