Stadium reduction

Subscribe to Stadium reduction 10 post(s), 5 voice(s)

February 10, 2008 12:37

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’m planning stadium reduction on next season’s start. Not a big reduction as I intended to do, but to something around 40000 seats. Ideally smaller teams should have a smaller stadium, but at this point we had lots of promotions/relegations, specially on FastTicker, and some teams which were smaller in the beginning had improved a lot, so it could be unfair to some of them. Another option would be resizing all stadiums based on teams’ quality (bigger for the best), but this also would lead to a lot of discussion and unhappy managers. To sum up, without resetting the dimensions the best way to do that seems to be everybody with same size stadiums, 40000.

We’ll still discuss the logic to increase the number of seats and will let you know as soon as we have something in mind. Let’s wait for the side discussion to end before we start another one :-)

Cheers!

February 10, 2008 12:44

58 posts(s)

Why not set the new stadiums capacity based on the real-life stats for each team?

February 10, 2008 22:00

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Wouldn’t that also be unfair to some people? Besides, some teams hve huge stadiums in real life while some don’t even have a stadium!

Cheers.

February 10, 2008 22:48

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

by some do you mean corinthians? :D

February 11, 2008 00:14

58 posts(s)

Have you fogotten, Danilo, that Curintia has The Little Farm (Fazendinha)??? kkkkkk

Lobba

February 16, 2008 11:04

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

The stadium expansion logic is finished and will be added to the game on next season start. I’ve done some research on the average spent by all managed teams with their players wages on each dimension in order to come up with a reasonable size for the stadiums after the reduction. The numbers I ended up with were 33200 seats for FastTicker stadiums and 22800 seats for MediumTicker stadiums.

Some people may complain that they will have financial problems, some may say that rich teams will benefit from that as they will be able to continuously increase their stadiums and have an advantage over the other teams. These are valid points and I feel I’ll have financial problems in FastTicker as well. What can we do? Let’s try to sell or fire some players, be careful when offering high wages. Hopefully most of us will be able to live with that or recover from any financial problems or squad quality reduction.

Keep in mind that the most adequate solution for stadium reduction would be resetting the dimensions, and I’m pretty sure that’s not what most of us want (if I’m wrong please let me know :-))

Cheers!

February 16, 2008 11:39

58 posts(s)

What about sponsorship and TV right incomes? They would be very important pieces of the economy at this moment.

February 16, 2008 12:12

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I agree, will work on that as soon as possible.

Cheers!

February 16, 2008 12:16

16 posts(s)

My friend Mr. Lobba, do you readed the newspaper yesterday? Andrés Sanches announced a new stadium to 2010. 52.000 capacity.

Regards

Danilo

February 17, 2008 23:36

53 posts(s)

Mr. Lobba, by the way, a place called “A Beer (you know which) Park” was donated for Palmeiras some decades ago! Corinthians unfortunatelly hasn’t this luck with Pepsi!