High wage players

Subscribe to High wage players 7 post(s), 3 voice(s)

November 30, 2007 03:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve just adjusted the wages of 2 players on MediumTicker:

Andy Jones from Arsenal (444,444 to 35610)
Gary Wanless – Manchester United (222,222 to 30680)

The previous wages would be unacceptable with the new logic and nobody would be able to buy these players with such high wage, as they wouldn’t accept a fair wage during the negotiations. Arsenal got back half the money spent with the high wage to come back from bankruptcy. Manchester had the player only for a few turns so the economy is not ruined.

There were 2 offers for Andy Jones, both were deleted due to these changes.

Cheers.

December 01, 2007 03:27

637 posts(s)

My team was one of the 2 teams that want to buy him. But he asks a wage of 19500 for 1 year. It’s a bit high for me righ now. Surely for such a player. He is not one of the best in the game.
I will search an other one to buy :-)

December 01, 2007 03:30

637 posts(s)

The player on which I did a bid was Andy Jones

December 01, 2007 06:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, the problem is that he won’t accept an abrupt wage reduction, so you’d have to accept the high wage if you wanted to buy him and then try to reduce it on contract renewal.

Cheers.

December 01, 2007 06:34

637 posts(s)

Ok. But he is already 30 years old. With a younger and better player I would do this. But he’s not worth it. He won’t be in my mean squad. Thanks anyway.

December 05, 2007 03:14

130 posts(s)

I thought the board wasn’t allowing high wages anymore… but it must be a very high limit. I just saw a 400k estimated value player going from the free transfer list on a 32k wage. Either what the board allows must be lower, or there has to be some kind of action when the club’s balance goes negative, because we keep seeing this from the same managers, managers who have tons of players on their squad… it’s kinda unfair for the ones who try to play as all should, worrying about the finances.

Cheers

December 05, 2007 04:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The limit is high enough to allow such wage Ricardo. We’ll have other limitations to help prevent this kind of situation, like a maximum number of players a team can have in the main squad, restrictions on free transfers when the team is low on money, minimum period before selling a player you’ve hired (I’ll work on this one first). I’m pretty sure these changes will improve the market significantly.

Cheers.