International Cups

Subscribe to International Cups 13 post(s), 7 voice(s)

November 06, 2007 04:02

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Just to give everybody an update on international cups status. I’ve already implemented a country ranking that will be used to determine how many spots a country will have for each international competition. That is not very realistic for South America because here we have a fixed number of spots per country, but as we plan to have dynamic country skills I decided to balance the number of spots and use a ranking as UEFA has. For those who are not familiar, these rankings will be updated based on the country performance on international competitions in the last 5 seasons.

We’ll have 4 international competitions to start: Champions League, UEFA Cup, Libertadores da America and Copa Sudamericana. As we have only a few countries, all the competitions start in the knockout round. In the league table screen for first divisions you’ll be able to see to which competition the first positions teams will qualify.

What is next? Create the matches for the competitions and update rankings at the end of the season.

Cheers.

November 06, 2007 10:48

387 posts(s)

is it already implemented? i can’t see any change in Beat 1 …

November 06, 2007 12:27

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

it is implemented, but not online. we will only upload the changes when everything is done.

November 13, 2007 13:57

223 posts(s)

oh! im already missing the group phase in champions league :(

November 13, 2007 14:27

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, it is a pity! We won’t have enough countries to make a group phase. The good side is, without the group phase it took less time to develop the whole logic and you’ll be able to enjoy the international cups sooner :-D

November 14, 2007 01:33

50 posts(s)

I lost my team why?

Im sooooo gutted.

November 14, 2007 03:41

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

We deleted Beta 1 and Beta 2 and created two new dimensions LeeHamo. Don’t be sad, it will be fun!

Cheers.

November 14, 2007 03:47

50 posts(s)

OK Thanks I wont be sad.

P.S. Can you hook me up with Internacional again and ill be your bestest friend in the whole wide world.

November 15, 2007 02:14

637 posts(s)

I see season 1 in the International cup. How will you pick the teams for this first season or does the international cup start in season 2.
I was just wondering.

Regards

November 15, 2007 02:59

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

International Cups start in season 2.

November 15, 2007 06:27

637 posts(s)

Ok thanks. That’s what I thought.

November 19, 2007 08:16

24 posts(s)

I have one question. The winner of the national cup qualify to the uefa cup?

November 19, 2007 08:29

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

No André. We’ve decided not to implement some specific rules to make it simpler. Here in Brazil for instance, the winner of the national cup qualifies for our main continental competition, Libertadores, but that’s not true for most South American countries. It is also more organized in my opinion that all countries follow some standard rules in the game.

Cheers.