Contract Negotations

Subscribe to Contract Negotations 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

October 24, 2007 17:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve just changed the contract negotiations process in order to make players consider their current wage while negotiating their new wage. That way the wages won’t raise as fast as they are raising now. As a consequence of these changes, free and youth player’s being hired tend to accept lower wages, given they currently earn no money.

This process will be improved in the future to consider a few more variables. Let me know what do you guys think about these changes when your next negotiations take place.

Cheers.

October 28, 2007 13:17

130 posts(s)

I thought what was considered was their estimated value.
Cheers.

October 29, 2007 23:29

124 posts(s)

My first test, giving a contract to one of my crappy youths, worked fine. Offered him 4500 and he accepted. I think before he would have wanted around 7-11000 to make a contract. So it worked fine at least now. Those are the kind of players that will end up in free market if they want too big wage. Don´t know how low he would have gone, that 4500 was my first offer.

I also am renewing one players contract now. I think his current wage is 26500 and I offered him 25000. We´ll see if he is accepting that lower wage or not and what will be the final wage.

October 30, 2007 04:00

124 posts(s)

He accepted my first offer of 24500. (remembered wrong what I offered, but anyway…)

Nice, because I think I offered him too much last time.

Still haven´t tested if they accept ridiculously lower wages than what their current is. Haven´t checked when the next contract renewal for me is.

Happy so far!

October 30, 2007 04:40

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Ricardo: the logic is similar to the one which calculates the estimated value, so if your player’s value increased a lot his wage will probably increase as well, but not so fast as it was happening. In the other hand, if you have offered much more than the player is worth, when you renew his contract you won’t be able to decrease the wage to its “real” value, you’d have to do offer an intermediate value otherwise the player wouldn’t accept.

Toni: thanks for your feedback, I’ve had a few negotiations as well and I’m satisfied with the results so far.

Cheers.