Forums Off Topic

How do big clubs

Subscribe to How do big clubs 13 post(s), 5 voice(s)

December 29, 2017 10:38

228 posts(s)

How do big clubs give younger players playing time? Loan them out? What do they do for back up goal keepers? There must be lower leagues they can send them to, related clubs they have deals with. Can we do that?

December 31, 2017 05:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I like the idea of having deals with lower class clubs so you can send some players to play there. In the meantime I try to loan them out and I am usually successful, but for the ones that are too weak I give them some match time against weaker opponents.

January 04, 2018 18:02

157 posts(s)

My strategy is to give youngsters some playing time when the match is already won (e.g. ahead by 2 goals) and get them to slowly improve until they are good enough to attract interest from a CPU team to loan them

January 06, 2018 12:42

228 posts(s)

I like that idea, very good.

I remember though, that a player must play 35 minutes to receive all the benefits from playing the game. Not sure I’ve been up 2 goals at the 75 minute mark in many games.

January 06, 2018 14:41

639 posts(s)

Donator

65 minute mark I think?

Problem is that (afaik) it is not possible to have a rule ‘Substitute when ahead 2 goals at minute 65, but not after that’.

Is that still at the to do list, Gabriel?

January 06, 2018 23:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hmmm, that was never in the todo list. Maybe it’s worth adding something like that for such cases, but then there is no issue in subbing these players after 65, it’s just they won’t improve :-P

January 07, 2018 01:10

228 posts(s)

Hi,

For players to improve, in the previous post linked below, you clarified that a player must play 35 minutes.

http://rubysoccer.com/forums/1/topics/3019#posts-18791

However, in this post, you said a player will improve if he is subbed in at 65 minutes or before. That is only 25 minutes in a 90 minute game.

Thanks,

January 07, 2018 08:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

What happened to my Math? You’re absolutely right, subbing at 65 is not enough, it should be 55.

January 08, 2018 12:05

639 posts(s)

Donator

Oops. Anyway, there is an issue: normally the developing players are weaker than the players in the main squad. So if they play less than 35 minutes, the team is weakened without the advantage of player development.

January 08, 2018 21:02

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s true, what I meant is that the impact shouldn’t be too big if you are ahead by 2 (as in the given example), but of course we know that anything can happen in 35 minutes…I’ll add this to our list of improvements then, see what we can come up with.

January 09, 2018 01:06

228 posts(s)

Thank you. I dont know, but i assume training improves players irl, but that practise matches would improve too.
Though i dont want to go back to organising friendlies for every spare tick – was so annoying.
Am not sure on the answer.
Spevialist coaches can be employed for players under age 24? The coaches wages based on % of club income so its fsir to little clubs?

January 09, 2018 23:17

13 posts(s)

I’m still thinking about having the option to close a contract with a satellite club on an annual basis.

Check my post in: http://rubysoccer.com/forums/3/topics/3044#posts-18953

January 10, 2018 07:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks for the memory refresh, Tukmans! Both ideas are still on the table (satellite club and youth investment area), I had forgotten how you proposed to tie the two together. I still have one more thing to do with regards to the player market before I move to new major changes, let’s see if this one can be accommodated.

Forums Off Topic