Forums General

The board

Subscribe to The board 16 post(s), 6 voice(s)

April 22, 2009 08:36

56 posts(s)

I think the board is extremely hard.

How is possible that with a tie at home the board penalty me with four points and with a victory away in Champions League (this wictory allow me to take next round) the board reward me with only one point!!!!?

Is this realistic? I think is much much much more easy to lose board points than to win.

This season, my team has won Spanish Cup, in Spanish League I have the fifth position (in this moment) with 15 wins 9 tie and 8 loses and we are in next round of Champions League and the balance is that since we start the season, we have lost 12 points with the board. Realistic?

April 22, 2009 11:40

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The truth is the board evaluation is too simple right now, they only evaluate single match results, it doesn’t matter if you have qualified to the next CL round or if your finance is good or if your squad has improved. We have plans to enhance the board and make the performance evaluation more complex. I believe the current logic may be unfair sometimes, but it is usually good as teams with high expectations can lose points more easily than teams with low expectations.

April 24, 2009 14:56

56 posts(s)

Hi Gabriel,

As you say the board only evaluate single match, but this evaluation I think isn’t realistic or extremaly hard. I won my match away against Getafe in Champions League (we tie and my team were lucky in the penaltyes) and the board didn’t give me any points, last game I tie at home against Coruña (if you see the report, we should have won this game) and the board penal me with 5 points!!!! I think is not real.

Cheers

Vicente

April 24, 2009 16:02

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll post a new announcement about Board enhancements in a few minutes. Check it out. :)

April 25, 2009 08:46

56 posts(s)

Hi mate,

Thank you, We’ll see next season, although I don’t know if I would play, I’m near to be fired at this time and I won’t play with other team. This season I was qualified 3th in Spanish league, I won the Spanish Cup and I have to play the final Champions League, but my board is not satisfied and I have lose near 20 points since the beginning. Are you considering the victory from penalty?, I tie semifinals Champions League game at home and I won this match in penalty and the board penal me with 2 points!!!! :-(

You are doing a fantastic work with this game, improving and improving. Thanks for all.

Cheers,

Vicente

April 25, 2009 15:13

609 posts(s)

Are the board expectations only been giving at the beginneng of the season, or is there an update" of the expectations somewhere in the middle of the season?
Like my board, i’m going to cancel my loans (which will be in the beginning of the new season) but the board will count the loans with the expectations that are giving for season 23. So in the end i won’t do as good since i don’t want those loans again and stand on my own 2 feet this season.

April 25, 2009 22:05

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The expectations are not updated during the season, Vaughn. We could do something like that, but we need to be careful on when and how to update.

April 26, 2009 09:49

56 posts(s)

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

My team won the Champions League and the board penal me with one more point!!!!!!!!!!!

Just unbelievable!!!!

April 26, 2009 11:26

53 posts(s)

Donator

First, congratulations for CL Championship!!

I really don’t understand your board. We’ve been speaking a lot and it’s really incredible!!

You’ve finished in 3rd position in Spanish League (one of the most difficult), you’ve won Spanish Cup, and when you won Champions League… your board is unhappy??
I cannot believe…

Regards,
Javier.

April 26, 2009 12:06

375 posts(s)

That has an easy explanation. My Board was also unhappy when I had goals like Win the league, Win the National Cup, Reach the Final of the international cup. They considered every draw as a bad result. If Recreativo’s Board has also such goals, they are likely to punish poor manager even for cup victories after penalty shootouts.

April 26, 2009 12:13

375 posts(s)

@ Vaughn

If the Board expectations are calculated based on the value of the squad, you will have the highest possible goals for the season because of your super expensive defender.

April 26, 2009 14:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not the value, Alban, but the players quality ;)

April 26, 2009 15:13

375 posts(s)

One more question – the quality of 11 best ? Because if the value of all players is counted, it is easy to “cheat” – have 15 great players + some weak young guys (like America-RN does) =)

April 26, 2009 16:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not exactly the 11 best, we consider a certain number of players in each position (e.g. 1 best keeper, 5 best defenders, etc). I can’t tell you the exact numbers, it’s more than 11, but your weak young guys will probably be out of the calculation :)

May 21, 2009 12:59

387 posts(s)

so, for the last 15 seasons my board expects me to reach the final in international competion. Now, after winning the CL and WC in s23, the board suddenly lowers to “reach semi final” … why is that? less quality of players?

May 21, 2009 16:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There was a slight change to the average player skill calculation that could explain that: players loaned out may be considered in the formula if they’re good enough. On previous season we considered a certain number of your best players to determine the average player skill of the team without looking at loaned out players.
Either this or you simply have CL opponents that have become stronger than you this season. ;)

Forums General