Forums General

What a nice disappointment!!!

Subscribe to What a nice disappointment!!! 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

April 20, 2009 11:32

299 posts(s)

Location: MediumTicker; United Kingdom; Division 1; Cardiff City

So, I take Cardiff, completely revolutionize the team by pretty much selling/discarding all players I find there and create e base with 17 years old players who, theoretically, was to compete in high Premiership levels in 3-4 years time.
By doing this, I of course jeopardized my position with the board, always in the brink of being fired. But I managed and my little boy scouts had managed some good results lately and were improving game in, game out.
And the Thiago Baby (what a name) comes from 2d division Brazil and robes me of my team. All those months of work, and when I had pretty much completed the foundations of my project, a nobody comes and throws me away, because of a useless game alternative.
It is nothing short of disappointment, and also it’s pretty much out of principle. Needless to say, I will stick around in MT and screw his chances whenever the opportunity arises.

So, story aside, I ask myself how in hell is a manager supposed to take risks, do a serious job
in building a team (a long term project), survive the board’s skepticism and all the same get screwed by some backstabber who can’t manage smth of his own. See, I don’t expect other managers to act like this as it’s simply unethical, despite the fact that the game allows someone to apply for someone else’s job because he/she is struggling. And struggling wasn’t my case, unless you call it so when it’s a choice :)

Tinkerbell, I hope you are reading this!!!

April 20, 2009 13:07

375 posts(s)

Oh, that sucks ! I would be mad to lose a team like you ! I thought that if the squad is weak, the board’s expectations should be weaker, too. Maybe not enough..

But it is not real to have a club of 17 y.o. It can only be an experiment. 95 goals against Cardiff proves that. Your performance was weak and it is unreal to lose 4 seasons in a row waiting for the young players to become mature and begin winning.

It would be fine for an amateur team, but not for English 1 division.

April 20, 2009 15:10

299 posts(s)

During the first stages of transition Cardiff was losing 0-10 or 0-12 in some games which is understandable of radical approach. However, it is also true it was doing mighty good (for all the kids it had) in the last matches. The board had lower mid table expectations and I survived their requirements. If I had been fired that would have been fine with me, but my problem getting pushed around by someone who can now, well, collect the fruits of my work :D

April 20, 2009 16:15

375 posts(s)

yes, that sucks, they should have fired you first =))

As far as I can see this can be exploited

Forums General