Forums General

Players Growth Stopped

Subscribe to Players Growth Stopped 17 post(s), 7 voice(s)

March 27, 2009 10:16

651 posts(s)

i have some players whose growth have stopped from last season although they are merely 22 to 23 years old, and some are still growing at 25…

any help on this phenomena??

March 27, 2009 11:46

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

The growth system has changed. Since a dimension players reset was discarded by a discussion on this forum, we have a kind of mess of players coming from the old versus players coming from the new approach.

March 27, 2009 13:37

120 posts(s)

Donator

Hi Danilo, Can you explain what you mean by changed?
what is the new growth system works?

When the change will apply??
Thanks

March 27, 2009 20:13

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

DaMago, the change is already in. Gabriel has explained this in another topic. I don’t have a minute now to search for it, but I when I do I will post it here.
cheers!

March 27, 2009 21:05

651 posts(s)

but still, i have 2 players of same age… so, they are from the same system ( new or old doesn’t matter)… one of them is improving and another one seems to have stopped …
how do we explain that :(

March 27, 2009 23:16

678 posts(s)

easy Parag. Not every player is a superstar. Some stop and simply won’t get better. You have to get lucky aswell…..

March 28, 2009 03:23

651 posts(s)

sly… the problem herer is that better guy has not been improving… he was already more than a superstar when he was 21. and now still 1 season later he hasn’t improved… i never read in any player evolution mechanism that players would stop growing after 21.

March 29, 2009 19:51

609 posts(s)

Players stats are set before they come into the game, the growing of the player is also set before they enter. So when he has fully grown to what he has to be he stops. You can’t expect from EVERY player to grow till say like 24/25 and get “good”.

March 30, 2009 01:53

651 posts(s)

Vaughn, that limit was set before sometime, when gabriel changed the player evolution system. Since those changes, it is like what u just described above, but i am not sure that was the same thing applies to the players who were born before those changes were applied.

Lets not make this an issue, its just that i liked those 2 players. Still they are very good players. Hope they will improve. Still pretty much time left.

March 30, 2009 09:08

678 posts(s)

which 2 players are they then. I’ll have a look and explain to you again why they are not growing anymore….

March 30, 2009 12:18

375 posts(s)

There was a post that all existing players were adapted to the new system

March 30, 2009 15:00

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Let me clarify things a little bit. For existing player, all their potential points were already there, they were adapted in a sense that their speed of evolution is now based on the new system. New players get a percentage of their potential every season, so it is possible that a 22 years old player stops improving and starts improving again when he turns 23. But it is also possible that he has reached his maximum potential earlier, as mentioned above ;)

March 30, 2009 16:57

651 posts(s)

gabriel, first of all welcome you back.

now that u have confirmed it, i have a weird feeling they are never going to improve again. since they stopped improving last season and they would have improved by now after playing some 20+ league+cup games this season alone.

And no don’t question my coaching…

March 30, 2009 17:15

609 posts(s)

you said it yourself parag, they stopped growing. So don’t expect them to grow more :) BUT i think (need confirmation) that official matches do matter and not only friendly..and don’t expect that 5 officials are enough :). I see many players that have played 200 friendlies and get sold for like 1/2mil..you buy them, let them play officials and they start growing insane!

March 30, 2009 18:06

651 posts(s)

vaughn, i think u didnt’ read that i said they played 20+ ( league + cup) games this season itself… and to make you more clear they are the backbone of my midfield and attack…

Philippe Hinz
Joris Lederer

Since last 4 seasons they both have been playing more than 35 official games per season… (although they were respectively just 20 and 18 yrs at that time)

But i would like to stop this matter here :)
and thank you all the guys for trying to calm me down… (i know it still feels too weird that they wont improve anymore :( )

If they do i will post it right here :)

March 30, 2009 21:52

609 posts(s)

i think players from the old system stop growing after 3 seasons played (officials+friendlies), i could be wrong but i still would like to know from gabriel or anyone else :)

March 31, 2009 00:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There is no such magic number as 3 seasons, for new or old players ;)

Forums General