Forums General

System Biased Towards Teams without managers???

Subscribe to System Biased Towards Teams without managers??? 9 post(s), 4 voice(s)

February 18, 2009 02:52

651 posts(s)

i had a game with Lorient. Let me describe our basic comparisons briefly. (comparisons are on primary skill)
Its best keeper had a rating of 80, mine had 89.
Its best defender had a rating of 88, mine had 92.
Its best midfielder had a rating of 81, whereas i fielded guys having 83,84,85,86 respectively. (later i substituted one with 85 rating by one of my youngsters who had 80 rating).
it had three strikers with 74, 82 and 83 rating whereas both of mine had 84. (although, thats not a huge difference).
its formation was 3-4-3, whereas mine was 4-4-2.

given the difference in formation it is normal that the team with more strikers gets more shots in.
he had 12 shots on target and i had 9 of them on target.

now, 5 of my players had 10 rating in the match, and only one of his player had 10 rating. Better players skills, better player rating in the match, but still i lost the match…

what is that part of the game that i have been missing or finding difficult to grasp… pls let me know

parag

February 18, 2009 11:09

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

First of all I assure you there is no bias towards teams without managers :)

Two things to consider. Lorient played at home, so you should add 3 points to each skill you mentioned. Also, the secondary skills may give him an advantage. Their striker for example has good dribbling skills which may explain how he managed to reach the goal and score twice.

Anyway, there are some factors to consider or maybe Lorient just got lucky. What I can tell you is there is no bias ;)

February 19, 2009 13:48

651 posts(s)

thanks gabriel, i think i was missing the home advantage in my calculations:(

February 21, 2009 18:21

375 posts(s)

+3 points as home advantege ? I think it is too much… Maybe +1 to main and +2 for the secondaries ?

February 22, 2009 04:43

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

We have measured what happens (statiscally) with this bonus, and it seemed fair. We may re-evaluate that in future…

February 22, 2009 16:11

651 posts(s)

fair?? i am always losing away and drawing at home… and i haven’t been able to understand how this game works…

February 22, 2009 17:50

375 posts(s)

Danilo, sorry if my words upset you ! But I think we all understand that the match engine has some serious mistakes. Our players shoot on goal as crazy, most of the shots are because they play one-touch, not letting the defenders make tackles in time. This also (I think) forced the developers to make the GKs very…incredibly strong, because 23:15 looks more like time for drink than a real football match score =) And this also makes weak clubs play better than they would do. Because 30 shots and only 1 success is unreal. So my suggestions are:

- add time between receiving the ball and making a shot (enough time for the defenders to at least try to react)
- make the GKs weaker (first step will make less shots on goal performed)

maybe you can at least try it on some test machine ?

thanks !

February 22, 2009 18:59

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Alban, we do understand your points.
Considering that we really simulate the match (we could have the result generated statistically instead – but we don’t want that), the match engine is something really sensitive. So “mistakes” are oftenly in fact something that is quite difficult to achieve in a simulation and will require great amounts of time from us to get to a very mature level. By the way, we are willing to invest those amounts of time.
We have a number of tweaks we want to implement in the match engine and your suggestion is in fact already there. There is a chance that the defender have time to react (that shouldn’t always happen or we would have another unrealistic thing implemented). What we might do is adjust that chance.
Other than that, we will implement cool things very soon, and during the implementation of those new things, we will sure do our best to get the more realistic match engine we can. We will keep you guys posted.
cheers!

February 22, 2009 19:25

375 posts(s)

Ah thanks a lot ! Of course, there should be a chance that attackers with higher control will be able to play one-touch ! I appreciate your time and work ! Waiting for the tweaks to come ;)

Forums General