Forums General

Yellow cards?

Subscribe to Yellow cards? 8 post(s), 6 voice(s)

February 03, 2009 22:07

65 posts(s)

Donator

Idk if this has been asked before, but how long (how many games) does a player retain a single yellow card for?

February 04, 2009 09:51

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

until the competition ends or until the next yellow card on that competition (2 yellow cards = suspension for 1 game and card reset)

August 15, 2009 12:59

65 posts(s)

Donator

I know this is an old thread but I have been thinking on this recently and thought posting it here would be better than starting a new thread.

What is the likelihood of having yellow cards carrying over to the next games only being applicable to tournament/cup matches and not general league matches?

I have been perusing the soccer rules and it the game rules it only informs when yellow cards are given.

When it comes to games itself, from what I have read on the net, it seems that the only situation where yellow cards remain active outside the game it is issued and carries forward to the next game is in cups/tournaments. i.e. the world cup. In normal soccer league matches once the game is over the yellow card is wiped and doesn’t carry over to the next game.

If I am wrong in my assumption or information gathering, I would like someone to provide a more clarifying explanation of soccr rules for yellow cards.

P.S. I have edited this post after seeing an error in it.

August 15, 2009 13:24

609 posts(s)

yellow cards stays the whole seaosn, in real life and in ruby

August 15, 2009 16:03

678 posts(s)

that’s doesn’t make sence right. Getting a yellow card in the league and the next it’s gone? :). What stops you from playing a hard game then and getting 1 yellow every game, if it will be gone the next game.

In real life league football, you need atleast 4 yellow cards in 4 different games to finally be suspended for a league game. That’s the only difference with rubysoccer. I guess when it comes to coding, it’s just to hard to devide it all.

August 15, 2009 23:55

65 posts(s)

Donator

Just to note, I edited my previous post.

Sly, with regards to your 4 yellow cards info where does that come from or is it a local league rule? As it isn’t something I could find in the soccer rules book.

When I say wiped I mean it doesn’t carry to the next game, it still stays on your record for future reference. This is so statisticians can look up things like most yellow cards received in a season by a player.

So just for my understanding then, this thing with yellow cards and their length of effectiveness must be something which comes under local league rules rather than the rules for yellow cards as outlined in the games general rulebook. As in the general rules for the game it only outlines when a card is to be given not how long it remains effective.

August 16, 2009 11:50

637 posts(s)

Probably the duration of a yellow card is a local rule but I seriously doubt there is a league where they let off yellow card after the game.
Perhaps in one competition you need 3 yellows for a suspension and in the other 4 or 5 but they aren’t let off after one game.
In my opinion the ruby rules are good in this case. Like Sly said everyone would play with hard tackle if they are iped out after the game.

August 16, 2009 12:46

651 posts(s)

as far as i know, in any international tournaments (world cup etc) or leagues ( epl, UCL), two yellow cards in different games means a suspension in the next game of the same league/tournament. Not sure though how domestic cup/league games are tied.

Forums General