Forums General

The Newspaper....

Subscribe to The Newspaper.... 10 post(s), 6 voice(s)

January 15, 2009 14:18

678 posts(s)

I know I read it somewhere before, but I would like to start the discussion again. At the moment it only shows managers in danger. Isn’t it possible for you just do what managersim did. Make the newspaper far greater. Let the newspaper ask you for interviews with a set of questions you can answer that will then be posted in the paper. Also, if a manager is bidding on a player, maybe this could be rumoured in the newspaper? Or if a transfer was finalised, announce it in the paper that team X has got player Y for the amount of etc. And last but not least, maybe show some results like, how did a team do in the UEFA or CL games.

Basicully, create it like it was in managersim, since that was also fun to look at and you could now and then read the thoughts of another manager if he gave an interview. It also was an easy way to create extra competition when it comes to bidding on a player. You might mis out on one, but thanks to the paper you won’t :)

January 15, 2009 17:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We have some great plans for the newspaper! All you mentioned will be included (interviews, match results, transfers, rumors, etc). Some friends already volunteered to write the texts for the news, we can get it started ;)

Cheers!

January 15, 2009 21:26

678 posts(s)

Very sweet! Keep me posted on it!

January 20, 2009 21:54

609 posts(s)

any update on this suggestion? i kinda missed that to when i got here, i’m also used to managersim :P

January 20, 2009 22:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not started yet, I’m working on something big right now, that has also been requested a while back. I’m not telling you guys, it’s a surprise. :D

January 21, 2009 00:07

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

But I plan to work on it, very soon :).

January 21, 2009 04:50

651 posts(s)

waiting for that big thing :)

January 25, 2009 11:24

678 posts(s)

How’s the “big thing”. Whats the update on this thing?

Willing to share something yet?

January 25, 2009 11:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It’s done. I just wanna make sure everything works on my dev environment before promoting it to our server. It’s no guarantee we are free of problems, but at least I’m doing my best to test it ;)

January 25, 2009 11:52

117 posts(s)

Ha!
There goes any chance of sneaking a potential player under your nose. How are we going to develop our pensioner squad while we get snitched on by the paper. C’mon dont take all the fun out of finding the occassional golden nugget. Thats what i love about these games its the chance of developing a great player in a week team, plus with the economy already blown, struggling clubs and newbies have a chance to develop over a couple of seasons.

my two bobs worth
cheers Luc

Forums General