Forums General

Partial dimensions reset - poll

Subscribe to Partial dimensions reset - poll 47 post(s), 28 voice(s)

January 13, 2009 03:32

651 posts(s)

hey gabriel,
rather than resetting, how about changing the rules every once or two seasons… so that it creates a level field.
One idea may be that we could have a budget cap ( not necessarily a restriction, but then if you have more than certain amount of budget or funds then, you will have to pay more taxes), or may be if a club wins some cup regularly then then have some tough ties for those clubs in the cup competitions.
I know its difficult implementing than saying, but then, we can always thing about them.

Some of my ideas are…

• one is the large taxes associated with large budgets ( but these taxes are calculated once in a season or twice a season)
  • If you have larger stadiums, you have to pay more “degradation” cost ( extra cost other than maintenance cost)
  • Have Physios, coaches, and scouts along with departments… and similar higher degradation cost associated with each of these departments.
  • Like players these staffs could also have retirement after some age, and decrease in performance of those staff after certain age. which would again reset the advantage. (unless they hire a better one).
  • Hiring and firing of these alternate staffs.
  • And managers being able to sign sponsors… ( may be board could decide whether to let the manager join the negotiation or board will do it itself… ) ( i can’t find how i can negotiate with the sponsors in the current system)

And once again, this is just a suggestion, may be some alternative way of thinking…

As i suggested initially we could have different parameters to those things each season and change those parameters at every season change… so, that there could be more randomness.

We could do the same with current system also. Like may be change the system parameters for sponsors and taxes and players every season…*

January 13, 2009 05:11

120 posts(s)

Donator

Hi everybody.
Well for me is a surprise!!!
I might be selfish. But i managed GETAFE from the end of season 8, where i was fighting to stay on 1st division. I had a small stadium and a pretty bad squad. Now my team just started to look good in the LIGA and a hope maybe in CHAMPS.
I sold my best players. Now i try to keep them and to buy the best on the market. I build a good stadium and i think a have good money.
Now a reset will be so hard to take…… although i understand everybody’s point.
I like the game, and i think i will be around. I just wish whatever changes will be made, they have to be fair for everybody.
salud amigos, damago.

January 13, 2009 08:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Parag: Nice suggestions. The taxes one is something that has been discussed behind the scenes for a while, we’ll probably try that in the future. I had thought about something similar to the degradation cost you mentioned, my idea was that larger stadiums and departments had a chance to degrade every season (lose some seats, go down one level). Having staff people rather than departments was our first idea, but we never thought about having both. How would that work? Sponsor signing is very interesting but as you can imagine, hard to implement. In the current system there is no way to sign sponsors, the value is based on your team’s performance. We may consider sponsor signing in the future, I like the idea.

Looks like we’re not going for a reset, at least not for now. It was good to read so many different opinions and ideas to improve the game. Thank you all!

January 14, 2009 20:02

15 posts(s)

Donator

I’m ok with reset as long as it resolves problems. At this point, i’m not sure if it’ll be enough to reset the game to overcome problems we have.

A lot of words said, i agree with most of them. Of course there’ll be super rich teams, superstar players, super big stadiums and like. We have them in real life too. A simulation game is successful only if it provides a realistic simulation so what should be done is decreasing ’super’s. I’m sure all admins are aware of that.

If the problem is that we already have too many young superstar players, i have a suggestion: Add +8 to their ages (or +5 or +10, up to you). Find out players with value of more than 10m and younger than 20 years old and increase their ages. Owners of those players will not be happy of course but other players are not happy too. It can be explained like: “previous player development was too unrealistic, you took advantage of it and that’s ok. we’re not resetting whole dimension or decreasing your player skills but we have to do something to create the balance. sorry for inconvenience” Easy as that. I belive that can solve problem which makes admins think to reset the dimensions: Too many super young players and it’ll take too long to sweep them out.

January 18, 2009 09:47

117 posts(s)

I think I paid 160 mill for that player, but he was worth every penny :). Some other ex-managersim in eurotest managers might recall a player called “Machado” who was playing with Man U. He was a goal scoring machine and was bought for 200 mill by the manager from man u (Luc Blomme). But thats it. They were not “a dime a douzen”….they were exceptional and very hard to find.

The good old days. He definetly helped me win some leagues,FA Cups and CL. These rare stars made the game exciting and drummed up lots of talk and interest. Soccersim/Mannagersim did definetly have a lot of spunk about it.

I do find this platform not as user friendly in the tactic department, purchasing area. However hats off to the great people behind this simulator and the many free hours of entertainment they will provide all. Ive only just joined so of course no attachment to a team.

Heads or tales
LOL

January 18, 2009 10:58

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello all,

I’ve been reading all the posts and I totally disagree with those total or partial resets at this moment…

And I’ve read that it’s only to make some adjusts on team squads, game engine, decrease players skills, restart stadiums, …
But, when will have the next reset? … will we lose again or work?

I’m the manager of Atletico de Madrid in FT, and thanks to be connected almost permanently to this game, and after wasting here hours and hours I’ve won lots of titles (except the last 3 seasons…) and due to that I have build up a big stadium and gathered lot of star players in my team. But it’s was after a LOT OF time spent in this game, it was not free…

So that I think that all the managers that are managing big and powerfull teams won’t accept resets, it’s normal, we don’t want to lose all that hard work. While all the people managing average teams will probably welcome all the resets, why not…

Anyway, I disagree all resets. I remember resets in Managersim or even here when this game was starting and I’m still remember how angry I could be… It’s normal, I lost a lot of hard work, time, good players,… But this is only my opinion or my vote. I would accept all the decisions and I’ll try my best again in this game…

Best regards!
Javier
FT: Atletico Madrid
MT: Las Palmas

January 18, 2009 11:43

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

One important point here: don’t worry about “sudden resets”. This will be very well discussed before anything happens. At this point I think everybody agrees a full reset is completely discarded. What we will have to come up with is a way to gradually re-balance the economy and players – and we plan to find the less dramatic choice to achieve that.

January 18, 2009 20:44

53 posts(s)

Donator

Ummm…

This plan sounds better… ;) I agree that, a gradually re-balance is different. It’s a good option to apply new changes and to maintain all the hard work we did in our teams. Regards!

Javier.

January 20, 2009 22:06

609 posts(s)

Hi there,

I mostly agree with the ppl that comment here about the system. I just joined after getting refered that the “old managersim” is back.
I love to build up a new team from the ground and not go the easy way to join a big team with 10 superstars. A total or part reset would benefit me ofcouse since i just started, but i don’t think it good for the managers who have been here for a while doing a great job.

January 25, 2009 21:16

375 posts(s)

I don’t think the reaet is needed, but taxes is OK, because now I have 200M+ and I would better invest it (stadium/PR/players/coaching…) than lose 10-20% on taxes at th end of the season

January 25, 2009 23:04

651 posts(s)

@Alban,
if you have that much of excess, do lend some to me…
cheers ( as gabriel says)

February 03, 2009 19:43

1 posts(s)

My two cents:

- For the people who would’t accept a reset based on “all my hard work”, please remember we are BETA testers, allowed to play freely to help the development. A fair trade. If a reset is needed, consider the developers work much harder than you and shouldn’t stuck on selfish opinions.

- I think a reset (partial ou total) should be done when implementing a full pack of enhancements, mainly on the AI of the game. It’s not just player values or disbalance of teams, but tactics, game results, computer managed teams and a few other things that need to improve. This reset must happen when developers are quite OK with how the game is doing. I don’t think it’s the case now.

- Perhaps, when it comes to time of a reset, the best solution should be a new dimension. Naturally, managers will migrate to new one, once they believe it’s a better game. And old games will empty, remaining a few managers who don’t wanna let go their precious hard-worked teams.

February 06, 2009 06:57

828 posts(s)

reset that ive finally been able to save…. and take it away

ya…. thats b.s

finally built my team spent the money on expanding my stadium.

i dont agree with it at all.

February 09, 2009 01:54

74 posts(s)

Hi there,

I can see Ruby is just becoming more and more like soccersim/managersim :) which is not bad at all :)

too much money in the game and some people start asking for a reset. always the same :)

i can bet 90% of top managers will be the same after 10 seasons (or less) after a reseting – if they all have patience to stay on the game and rebuild all over again, of course.

the problem, just like ss, is that some managers start from zero and can get to the top, some others don’t. this is valid now and after any reseting you would do.

At. Madrid won lots of champions titles in spain (FT) and the last thing i would do would be to ask a reseting to beat them.

if you want to reduce money, put a limit on transfer market, sponsors and merchandising. like at ss, that is the only solution i see. I also don’t understand why all players agree to renew contract.

also, if you changed the youth system, why not to create a system where worst teams get better youth players? this is a good way to create balanced leagues, althouth i must say spanish in FT is being quite interesting for the last 5 or 6 seasons, with 4 to 6 teams to fight for the first places.

well, it’s only one more point of view. thanks for creating this game and let us playing for free. good luck

Rui

February 09, 2009 12:05

117 posts(s)

I totally support Rui’s comments.
I must admit its nice creating a team from nothing, let alone more rewarding than being handed it on a plate.
Yes with a weak team it will take time to challenge the super clubs but then thats part of the challenge.

You could allways start another gameworld and try out these suggestions throughout the thread.

You are never going to please all, thats definetly what ive learnt in management. I support which ever way you guys go as its nice to have a free game that brings back some SS memories.

February 09, 2009 22:06

24 posts(s)

Donator

I haven’t been able to keep as much in touch lately due to… too much work, really, but even so, I’ve been on the game a few seasons, haven’t won any titles (came 2nd behind Benfica’s 2nd or 3rd season in this glorious run which will end this season), so I have a fairly good team, with a few good players I developed. My team went on a decline as I haven’t had much time to work with it, lately, but with a few minutes more per day I could bring it back to its good ol’ days.

I was always under the assumption that we were beta testers and that everyone here was aware of that, that as the game progressed to a stable level, a reset would be not only necessary, but a given. Do take into account that some teams’ progress was set when a few features, mainly regarding player development still weren’t ironed out, also that it happened when the competition wasn’t as established as it is today.

If there is no reset, the game will be restricted to those who already are powerhouses and there’ll be little incentive for new people to join… which I cannot agree with. We want the dimensions to be as dynamic as possible. One thing that might work, but that might be hard to implement: create a Champions dimension, put the 50 best teams in there and let ’em play it out. Then, just reset the other tickers and let everyone start from the same level, otherwise the game will just grow into a stalemate, people will get tired of the same winning all the time and RubySoccer will just phase out.

February 10, 2009 10:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

So far our decision is to keep things as they are and create a new dimension when necessary. If the old dimensions are really messed up people will naturally move to the new one. Of course it’s still possible that the old dimensions get to a point where a reset will be inevitable, but I don’t fell we’re there yet.
Just an update :)

Forums General