Forums General

Player Prices

Subscribe to Player Prices 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

December 22, 2008 11:25

15 posts(s)

Donator

Another problem i see is about player prices.

I think formula that used for prices of players should be tweaked in order to reduce abnormalities in prices -and thus, wages. Most teams are selling their over-priced players because of that. Defenders with high dribbling, forwards with high tackling. These skills are no use for these positions but they’re raising price of player and wage he demands and makes him unwanted.

A drastical decrease in formula should be good.

Only one high-skill should not raise the price. Average skilled defenders shouldn’t worth 10m just because their control is 95.

December 22, 2008 14:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I don’t think dribbling is useless for defenders and tackling useless for attackers, they can be helpful in some situations. Anyway, I got your point. Main skill already have a higher importance on value calculation, like a defender with 90 tackle and 80 dribbling is worth more than another one with 80 tackle and 90 dribbling. If it’s common sense that it’s not good enough we could increase the difference ;)

Cheers!

December 22, 2008 17:20

387 posts(s)

it should relate to the real importance of the skills for the type of player. if you have a formula for the defenders quality, adapt this to the value calculation.

on the other hand the value is partly subjective and depends on what the manager needs. e.g. in reality a defender with superb tackling and speed but avarage in the others can be very usefull for certain tactic/formation. other coaches prefer an allrounder who’s a good average in all skills.

December 22, 2008 20:43

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We already have that formula in place Philipp, we may have to adjust it a little bit. What you said about the value being subjective is true, I have lots of friends playing the game so I can observe closely the different opinions about the same player. That’s also part of the fun :)

December 23, 2008 14:56

15 posts(s)

Donator

I’ll come up with comperative examples soon : )

Forums General