Forums General

Time limit Youth growth?

Subscribe to Time limit Youth growth? 19 post(s), 7 voice(s)

December 14, 2008 14:44

678 posts(s)

Is there a time limit for unlocking player stats? I ask this because I’ve been messing around with youth alot, and saw some strange things.

For example, I;ve already seen 24 year old players of mine increase in stats.

Also, I had youth players playing officials and friendlies to a point they didn’t increase anymore (but are still only 18-19). Then I had them on the bench for like 4-5 games. They didn’t play friendlies or officials. Suddenly when I played them again they increased 5 stats.

Now I wonder is there a timeframe connected to unlocking stats? So more isn’t better? Patience is the right word for it?

For example:
A youth player who is 17 years old has the potential to becoming 90+ on let’s say shooting. Het started with 70 shooting. In 10 games you get him to 75 shooting, but suddenly he stopped increasing after 10 games. Is it possible that when he either hits 18 or something he will increase another X amount of stats and so on and so on, untill eventually he is 20+ years old and finally reaches 90+ shooting?

What I’m wondering is, that if a player has a certain potential it will eventually be reached over time and it doesn’t always help to let a player play games over and over and over untill you totally kill his stamina? Sometimes it just takes time before a new series of player stats is “unlocked”?

Intrested in seeing an answer to this maybe complicated question :)…didn’t know how to formulate it otherwise without making myself totally clear :)

December 14, 2008 15:24

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Sly, the player improves only playing matches. In the beginning the improvements are faster (they happen in less matches) but, after a few matches, your player starts requiring more matches to continue improving.
Also, at age 30 your player may start to “get old”. In other words, decrease some stats. But even at age 30 he still can “learn things” and continue to improve.
There is an improvement limit, and that is only reached by playing games.
Gabriel, please add here if I forgot something (Gabriel changed some of that code recently).
cheers!

December 14, 2008 16:32

678 posts(s)

So, if a player is increasing slower…. it has nothing to do with a time limit? Is there a number of games locked into the unlocking of stats?

Also… if a player increases slower….is that a sign it won’t grow much anymore? So if he is still in the low 70 stats…. he won’t make it to 90+? :)

Also…. if increasing stats is only done by playing lots of matches, how is the comparisson with friendlies vs officials?

December 14, 2008 17:56

375 posts(s)

Sly, it’s random. Perhaps a guy who stops at low 70s wont reach 90s, but I had some players who jumped from 80 to 90 in like 3-4 ticks. It is difficult to guess, of course, that is why I try not to put guys on the free transfer list before they play like 1/2 of a season without growing

December 14, 2008 20:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There are some changes planned for player improvement and I’ll ask for some suggestions soon. But the way it works now is how Danilo described, your players will have a random pre-defined potential for each skill and will only earn points by playing matches. In the beginning a single match will make your player improve, then a few matches and finally a lot of matches. Doesn’t matter if friendly or official matches (for now). There is no age based unlocking of skills and the only age limit for player improvement is 30. With 31 years old his stats may start decreasing.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers!

December 15, 2008 09:46

678 posts(s)

Well, there is something you should change for sure. Playing officials imo should go 2x as fast for improvement as playing friendlies! Otherwise what’s the point of lining up youth in officials with a chance to lose the game? They’ll increase just as much when playing friendlies when there is no risk!

In managersim a youth player increased more in officials then in friendlies and also….when they played vs better players they imrpoved more then when they played vs worse players. Maybe that is also something to take into account?

For now what I think is also pretty annoying, is that you can only see officials matches played in a player history. You don’t see friendlies….and because friendlies are just the same as officials this makes it more annoying. When you see a player in free transfer and has no games in his history….you can’t really tell if he will grow or not. He might have played 100+ friendlies already! This is also a reason why officials should matter more then friendlies.

When it came to free transfer in managersim, you could see both officials played and friendlies played. If a player had like 50 friendlies, but no officials…..chances were he could STILL increase and was worth a try to get him off free transfer. In Ruby there is just no way of really telling…..this makes the luck factor count more then the skill factor. Skill being that the manager puts time and effort into finding a player through all those free transfer lists in all those countries, finding that 1 player who has a more then 50-50 chance of being a star or not….

Sorry for the long post :)….I still think it’s a nice game :)…..It could only still use some tweaking here and there :)

December 15, 2008 10:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Your suggestions are welcome Sly and similar changes are already being discussed behind the scenes (I’ll post some updates on these soon). About friendlies, our idea is that after a certain level a player won’t improve by playing friendlies, he’ll have to play official matches. This should also increase the number of loans of those players not yet ready to play official matches in your team but that could perfectly fit the first squad of a weaker team. With the changes we have in mind it would be ok to show the number of friendlies played in the player history. I’ll try to summarize our new ideas in another post tonight. :)

Cheers!

January 16, 2009 07:52

124 posts(s)

Hi. I haven´t been around that much lately so I´ve missed a lot of discussion on everything and still don´t have enough time to read everything what has been going on. So I have this question that could have been answered already but didn´t find it quick enough… :)

Is there a time limit that a youth player has to play in a match in order to gain experience points from an official match? My only decent youth player now is a goalkeeper with 78 keeping skill and I´m thinking to give him 20-30min in the end of official mathes if we are in a secure lead or already too much behind. What is the time limit for an official match to count as official match for a youth player? Is it enough if they play just 5min in a match? :)

January 16, 2009 09:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

He should play at least 35 minutes, Toni.

Cheers!

January 16, 2009 09:08

124 posts(s)

OK. Thanks for the info, Gabriel.

Cheers!

January 24, 2009 08:35

117 posts(s)

Please confirm that you are saying its irrelevant on friendly or league match in the early days with juniors and that they should increase skills then tapper off unless more matches are played and/or they are targetted for star status. Minimum time required is 35minutes.

cheers Luc

January 24, 2009 10:04

678 posts(s)

Wouldn’t it be more fair now with the new youth system to lower this time needed. I personally think 35 min is a very long time……besides….I thought it was 30 min?

January 24, 2009 11:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It was 30, but after the latest changes on the match engine (a while back) it became 35. Luc, is that all you wanna know? Not sure if I understood everything you wanted us to confirm :D

Cheers!

January 24, 2009 12:02

117 posts(s)

Just confirm friendlys will help players develop. Ive just come on board and have not seen one of my young players develop at all. Ive had a look at fast tick Flamengo team and see young players on steriods. I did remember reading omething about Brazil being a breeding ground.

January 24, 2009 16:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, friendlies help develop. Brazil is currently the best country, but the difference should not be that big. I guess what makes Brazil strong is the high number of human managed teams, the competition is very interesting.

January 24, 2009 16:29

678 posts(s)

Face it Luc…. you should join fastticker :)

January 24, 2009 17:27

609 posts(s)

fast tick france :P

January 25, 2009 01:00

117 posts(s)

Thanks Gabriel

I must have lemons, the only player who has moved is our loaned Keeper.
Patience i a must But then i did play slowone in Mannagersim. LOL

Do i hear voices Sly! I told you i dont speak french, well maybe broken, okay very broken for a Aussie boy.

January 25, 2009 10:41

678 posts(s)

Pfffff. slowone….. horrible!!! But I guess you have pleasent memories of it, winning the league with Real Madrid in your 1st season after about 5 months of ticks!!! :)

Forums General