Forums General

Youth Quality x Country Ranking

Subscribe to Youth Quality x Country Ranking 8 post(s), 7 voice(s)

December 09, 2008 13:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Sorry for the long post, it’s an important subject ;)

I’ve been discussing youth quality evolution based in the Country Ranking via in-game messages and then I decided to bring this subject to the forums. I know it’s not clear to everybody how it works, specially with our yet incomplete game help so this is a good opportunity to clarify things a little bit.

For each country we have a base value for each skill (keeping, tackle, passing, shooting, speed, dribble, control and header). On season 1, the first and second countries had 80 in all base skills, the third and fourth had 79, fifth and sixth had 78 and the last 2 countries had 77. At the end of a season we calculate the international points and change country positions as needed. Only one base skill is updated per country, if necessary. An example where it wouldn’t be necessary is for a country with 80 in all base skills that is still in first or second in the country ranking.

Let’s say Brazil was first in season 1 and is now third on season 2. One of its base skills would be reduced to 79. If on season 3 Brazil is the last country, one of its skills will be reduced to 79 (unless it’s the one whose value is already 79, in which case this skill will go to 78). The same rule applies for increasing base skills values. So for a team which start in third on country ranking it would require 7 seasons in first or second to increase all its base skills from 79 to 80.

Our intention with this system is to make youth quality change slowly as the country gets better or worse results on international competitions and also allows a country to have better tackle values than shooting, for instance. The purpose of this post is get some opinions about this system. Is it too slow? Is it ok? What could be changed?

My suggestions are:

1) Keep it the way it is
2) Change all skills at once (reducing or increasing 1 point on all base skills)
3) Change only one skill but change it directly to the current position value (e.g. tackle is 80 and the country is in fifth, we should reduce it to 78 instead of 79)
4) Change all skills using the rule described in option 3.

Options 2 and 4 would make it useless to have separate base values for each skill as they will always have the same value, but if it’s for the good of the game we can change anything!

Cheers.

December 09, 2008 16:47

375 posts(s)

My suggestion is simple – add more countries =)

I also think we should have a dynamic income system. too.

As for the options, I am for #2.

I think the players nowadays are TOO GOOD. They develop fast and have too high skills. With such skills we need not 1-100 points for shooting, passing, etc., but maybe 1-20.

Maybe adding 50 more countries would help ;)

December 09, 2008 19:32

387 posts(s)

option #4.
the difference from rank 1 to 8 is too small, better: 1st = 80 and 8th= 73 base skill. Not to apply when we have more countries.
I agree, there are bit too much very good (young) players nowadays.

December 09, 2008 20:16

637 posts(s)

also option 4

December 09, 2008 23:09

55 posts(s)

Donator

Option 4

December 12, 2008 10:54

803 posts(s)

I think you should keep the actual sistem, countries in real life don’t get betther players from one season to another…

I just think there shoud be another way to determine the country position, maybe another international competition with more teams from all world or implementing more countries. Rigth now we see a lot of competition on european countries and the domain of Brasil on South America countries…

Regars

December 15, 2008 21:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Option 4 it is.

We know more countries will improve the game a lot. As soon as we finish the admin tools and a few other enhancements RubySoccer will be ready to start getting more users and, consequently, increasing the number of countries.

Thanks for your replies. That’s one of the advantages of visiting the forums, you have the chance to give your opinion about changes and new features. Another poll-like post soon, on players improvement.

Cheers!

December 28, 2008 12:02

8 posts(s)

Donator

voto na opção 4 tbém…

Forums General