Forums General

Swap deals

Subscribe to Swap deals 11 post(s), 9 voice(s)

October 19, 2008 13:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’d like to hear some opinions about swap deals. RubySoccer currently doesn’t have any rule or support for them. A swap deal is when you give one or more players and optionally some money in exchange for another player(s).

As we don’t have any mechanism for such deals I know some people are trading at their own risk. What I want to disscuss here is, is it worth having an official trading “tool” in the game? Should trades be completely forbidden? What are the pros and cons?

Let’s see what are the opinions around here :)

October 19, 2008 14:21

375 posts(s)

I think there should be an official “tool”. Nowadays if we want to swap players, especially good one (why swap bad ones ?), we have to transfer list them and buy. So we make the transfer price high, like 20M or more, to prevent other teams to “intercept” a player. But the game’s value system takes transfer prices into consideration, such swap deals with 2 players transferred for 50M each will increase the average value of every player in the dimension.

I also think it would be easier if the newspaper could cover all transfers and deals, also if team history showd us all transfers of the club in last 150-200 ticks. Nothing is better in finding cheat than the opinion of other managers, though sometimes they make wrong accusations.

October 19, 2008 15:10

387 posts(s)

dont have a real “pro” for swap deals yet.
but if it’s allowed i suggest a “tool” that is supervised by an official. So each application for a arranged deal would be given to Gabriel or an other determined person (after both parties have confirmed the conditions of the deal). If the conditions are plausible the deal gets complete.

a con: the power of the free market will be weakened. not every player will be on the market before he become transfered.

October 19, 2008 17:53

5 posts(s)

I really don’t support this kind of transfers… I think this gives more problems (cheats) than advantages… in “real life” this happens, but online I don’t like it… I will not do it, but If everyone is ok, for me… no problems.

October 19, 2008 18:36

241 posts(s)

The idea of swap deals sounds good in theory but i agree that it may cause some problems, What will happen would be a group of veteran managers or real life buddies trading their better players between each other and all others will be left out never given a chance to get a good player.

October 20, 2008 17:02

25 posts(s)

I think we should permit this, it happens in real life, so here it should also happen. I found this tool very interesting.

Regards!!!

October 20, 2008 19:39

24 posts(s)

Donator

I especially agree with Philipp’s idea, that someone should act as “Commissioner” by making sure that swap deals are evenly balanced, in order to avoid cheating. I have proposed similar swap deals, with the same mechanic Alban mentioned – buying and selling at very high values to avoid “interception” – but as he also mentioned it would affect market values. I’m not that sure that would be a bad thing. Afterall, just like in real life, the football market is a speculators’ market, and transfer values should be affected by such deals, otherwise the swap deals effect would be pretty meaningless on the overall market.

I surely wouldn’t want to see a player I had agreed on signing being snagged by someone offering him a 750k salary :P

Also, a big con in swaping players by trading them for insane amounts of money: just imagine if someone backs out of buying after you’ve committed to buy the other player for a very large sum… ;)

October 22, 2008 06:56

120 posts(s)

Donator

I have played in many different leagues, in many different sports, and I have found that swap deals ALWAYS end up causing problems.

Even with a “commissioner” to look at every deal… it becomes a problem.

In my opinion, no swap deals.

(and trust me, I LOVE to trade!)

October 22, 2008 10:13

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

It would be frustrating to not try, at least! We will try to come up with a nice design for this, give it a chance and, if we fail, we will remove it from the game.

cheers!

November 04, 2008 16:26

387 posts(s)

so what’s what’s the rule till the tool? and when will a tool be implemented?

November 04, 2008 19:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, we won’t punish anybody due to unofficial trades, they’ve been going on for a while now and that’s ok. A tool may take a while, it’s not in our near future plans, lots of high priority enhancements first ;)

Cheers!

Forums General