Forums General

New to the game

Subscribe to New to the game 8 post(s), 5 voice(s)

August 26, 2008 17:03

5 posts(s)

I’m a former ManagerSim user, and I apreciate very much the work you did here… very nice to see the same struture that kept me hours and hours in my laptop, the times that i waited until 3:00 am to see a result or to buy a player….
You have here a good structure and I now that this is going to grow and that you will have soon as may countrys and users as ManSim did.
Just two opinions for now :

1 – You should have as fast as you can a better tactics screen… if possible with defense options, ofensive options, type of play ( defensive, cautious,offensive, all ofensive ), long balls, direct ball, playmaker, defend a specific player from the oposite team, AND MOST IMPORTANT to put arrows in the positions screen so we can define what player is more offensive and attacks more and the ones that play more cautions and defensive…
Don’t forget the bench… because i didn’t found a way to select players for that (maybe it already exists)

2 – We need to see MEGA PLAYERS… in ManagerSim we had players and GREAT PLAYERS, I remeber that I sold in FULLTEST Margaglio to Real Madrid for 180 Millions, but the guy had 3 silver stars, 99 shooting and 86 overall, and he was not the best player… for what i see where there’s good goalkeepers but few or none MEGA STARS in any position ( maybe I’m wrong )!!!!

August 26, 2008 17:31

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

hi Pedro,

Welcome to RS. Here are some comments:

1 – We are working to add more stuff to the tactics screen. But though this game was really inspired in managersim, our tactics are planned to be more flexible. The offensive / defensive behavior, for example, is something we already have – and may be controlled at a player level. You just have to put your players in the +1 (offensive) / 0 (neutral) / -1 (defensive) squares. During the game, you can modify all that based on conditions.
The defense/offense options (changes according to ball possession – or the arrows, like you said) are being developed, along with other few points you have mentioned (and some that you havent). To finish the planned functionalities for our tactics / strategies is definitely one of our top priorities (along with improving the match engine), and we will do all that as soon as we can.

2 – We have plans to add star players to the game. We still have some higher priorities to take care, but I hope we can do that one fast too.

We have a bugzilla to track our plans and activities. You can go there= anytime to see what is happening. The ones in red are the next priorities (everytime we finish a package of red issues we define a new one and mark the issues in red there).

August 26, 2008 19:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Just one more comment on number 2, we have added coaching recently and all players generated after that have a higher potential than previous existing players in the average. This potential can be developed by teams with high level coaching departments so in a few seasons we should have some star players as you mentioned, even though we don’t use the silver and golden stars system ManagerSim used to have. As Danilo said, we may add the star system later :)

Welcome to RubySoccer!

August 26, 2008 22:41

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Now that we have that subject back, maybe some of you may want to tell us your opinion about the need(?) of star marks…
cheers!

August 27, 2008 03:14

375 posts(s)

I think it is a good idea. But I would like like it to be some kind of “hero status”, earned by the players for great performance (best goalscorer, safiest gk’s, hardest tacklers, hat-trick heroes. Because some players with good stats perform worse (maybe because of managers). This will make players more unique, now they are all alike

August 27, 2008 05:45

387 posts(s)

i’m absolutely pro “stars”. They should be given not just to players with great stats, but also with qualities like
- ~10 years in the club
- team captain/ important for team building
- show biz qualities/ “beckham”
- etc.

So in the end merchandise & sponsorship should depend on a certain level on the amount of stars in the team.

August 27, 2008 19:25

5 posts(s)

for what I understood the young players can grow more with a strong coaching team… right?
what is the limit for the level of the coaching team?
And they only grow if you invest in coaching team? Can they grow without that and without playin?
My team is very young and I want to see them grow much as possible :)

August 27, 2008 21:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Correct, coaching help players to improve faster and to reach higher skills. The limit for coaching level is 10. Without coaching the players will still improve, but slower and it is likely they will reach their maximum potential with lower skills. For now they only improve playing matches, but we may change that in the future.

For a more detailed explanation about coaching and physios you can go to our game help.

Forums General