Forums General

Spons/Merch is rather equal

Subscribe to Spons/Merch is rather equal 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

August 21, 2008 02:37

375 posts(s)

Hi, I asked some of the top clubs’ managers about their Spons/Merch income and was surprized to get so many honest answers !

Brazil

- Cruzeiro ~530,000
- Atletico-PR ~650,000

Argentina

- Boca Juniors ~400,000

Spain

- Atletico Madrid ~450,000

England

- Liverpool ~600,000

Portugal

Italy

- Genoa ~550,000 (Board opinion: outstanding)

Germany

- Wolfsburg ~450,000

France

I didn’t get the answers from 2 leagues, but it really looks like the difference is very smooth (yeah, I thought that Brazilian top clubs would earn about 1,000,000 each 3 turns). This also shows that still, if you want “greens every week” like in MS, you’d better have low wages by using players from your youths or just negotiating alone :)

By the way, if you want to have 2 lvl 10 departments, be ready to spend 480k per 3 turns (23M per season).

Though I would like to know if the difference really exists, because Atletico’s 650k is still much more than Boca’s 400k.

My own team is #1 in Brazilian second league and my average income is only 230k and my Board is not happy with me.

A question to the developers:

We are managers, what’s the best way to manage our teams to earn more in Spons/Merch – better stadiums/players/results…/leagues ?

August 21, 2008 18:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Interesting numbers Alban, my sponsorship (Flamengo) is a little less than 200k and merchandise a little more than 100k :-)

Sponsorship is directly related to the team performance, but the better the performance the longer it takes for the sponsorship to increase. I’m pretty sure I’ve limited the sponsorship value according to the stadium, something like stadium size x 10, so if you have a 40,000 seats stadium your sponsorship will be no more than 400,000. The maximum sponsorship value a team can earn is around 1,000,000 but this is way too hard to reach it. (Maybe Fiorentina from ManagerSim old days would receive something around that ;) )

Merchandise in the other hand is attached to your top player’s quality. When I say top players I mean 6 best defenders, 6 best midfielders, 4 best attackers and 2 best goalkeepers. There is no limit for this value, even though it will usually be less than your sponsorship. Remember that while better players will increase the merchandise value, they will also increase the board expectation.

Hope this helps.

August 21, 2008 20:04

85 posts(s)

Donator

You didn’t ask me Alban, I have the portuguese title, I am 15 overall and 2nd ranked manager for portuguese league! I am still in top at my league, even playing much less now! It’s a bit difficult to improve in overall ranking because our league has less games (good for international competitions, bad for money and points).
My team only gets 220k income for sponsorship, and 110k for merchandising… I have outstanding performance from my board, and I receive a lot of messages with good results from the board, this is due to the low expectations they have :) like this season (the lowest expectations ever):
League expectation: Stay in division
Cup expectation: Reach the round of 16
International expectation: Reach the round of 16
My stadium has 46200 seats and I really would like to get more sponsorship :) too!!!
And by the way, check those teams stadiums lol it can’t be 10xseats or the cap is not working lol

August 22, 2008 09:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Those values are for Sponsorship + Merchandise Hugo, so everything looks fine. Good point, though. :D

Cheers!

August 22, 2008 10:11

375 posts(s)

Looks like if your performance is fine, when you expand 1000 seats, you make 10000$ more per each home match and 10000$ every week from Sponsors. This means in a 20 teams league minimum 200000$ for matches and 480000$ from Sponsors a season. So this makes sense.

This also means you get much more per seat from Sponsors than from selling tickets

Forums General